• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Antipasto Veg. Pizza Recipe Woes: Help Needed!

In summary, to prevent your antipasto veggie pizza from becoming soggy, evenly distribute toppings and pre-bake the crust. You can use store-bought dough and any type of vegetables and cheese for the toppings. The pizza can be made in advance and reheated, but the crust may become softer.
AmieCream
I have a show tomorrow night where she has requested the Antipasto Veg. Pizza. I cooked it tonight for dinner and didn't really like how it turned out.

I didn't like that the artichoke mixture was room temp. and soggy.

do any of you have suggestions on this recipe? I wasn't a consultant when this was a theme show.

TIA!

I don't know I've made this once, but had it twice and both times were really yummy. I definitely think you have to like all the ingredients and it's possibly and acquired taste. But at the show I was at where I had it, everyone seemed to like it, and I made it for my mother in law recently and she thought it was great and asked me for the recipe! It is kind of weird, but you have to just give it a chance.

Everyone I have ever made this for has raved about it! (Even people who have told me they don't like zucchini or artichokes!)I am not sure what to do about the mixture being room temp, but as for the sogginess, when you are scooping the mixture out onto the pizza, you can sort of use the Mix N Scraper to drain off some of the liquid before putting it on. HTH.

Just make sure when you scoop the mixture onto the pizza crust that you drain it well. I made it a few weeks back and had some leftovers and the crust didn't get soggy (which I figured it would). Maybe that's the trick!

Thanks you guys! I will report back tonight to let you know how it went!I appreciate all the help!

Related to Antipasto Veg. Pizza Recipe Woes: Help Needed!

1. How can I prevent my antipasto veggie pizza from becoming soggy?

To prevent your pizza from becoming soggy, make sure to evenly distribute the toppings, particularly any vegetables that may release excess moisture. You can also pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the toppings.

2. Can I use store-bought dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for baking and allow the dough to cool before adding the toppings.

3. Can I use different types of vegetables for the antipasto toppings?

Yes, feel free to use any vegetables you prefer for the antipasto toppings. Just make sure to chop them into bite-size pieces and evenly distribute them on the pizza.

4. Can I make this pizza in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this pizza in advance and reheat it in the oven or microwave. However, keep in mind that the crust may become slightly softer when reheated.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer for this recipe. However, keep in mind that some cheeses may have a stronger flavor and may overpower the other toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies