• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Use for the Dripless Pourer/Stopper?

In summary, the Dripless Pourer Stopper provides a leak-proof seal, allowing wine to be stored horizontally in the refrigerator. Red or white wine can be refrigerated for up to three days. Wine older than three days can be used for cooking. Simply pour leftover wine into ice cube trays and freeze. The leftover wine is great to have on hand to make pan sauces!
ChefKeender
I don't have one, and I can't tell from the picture...does the pourer/stopper close or seal in any way? I'm wondering if it could be used as a cruet if attached to an EVOO bottle. Just trying to think of another way to promote it.

I'm in the Bible Belt and that's exactly how I'm marketing it to my "non-drinkers". It works great for that purpose...and yes, it does close...it's very cool.

ChefKeender said:
I don't have one, and I can't tell from the picture...does the pourer/stopper close or seal in any way? I'm wondering if it could be used as a cruet if attached to an EVOO bottle. Just trying to think of another way to promote it.

What is a cruet? EVOO bottle?

A cruet is a bottle with a spout/stopper used for holding condiments and such, usually oil. EVOO is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Rachel Ray always calls it E-V-O-O. For the longest time I had no idea what she was referring to either.

Hey, thanks! Good to know! I've never seen Rachel Ray...

Yep, I'm marketing it for oils and vinegars. They'll just need to make sure that they don't have flavor bits floating in their oil or vinegar.

From the test kitchen:

The Dripless Pourer Stopper provides a leak-proof seal, allowing wine to be stored horizontally in the refrigerator. Red or white wine can be refrigerated for up to three days. Wine older than three days can be used for cooking. Simply pour leftover wine into ice cube trays and freeze. The leftover wine is great to have on hand to make pan sauces!

letscook04 said:
From the test kitchen:

The Dripless Pourer Stopper provides a leak-proof seal, allowing wine to be stored horizontally in the refrigerator. Red or white wine can be refrigerated for up to three days. Wine older than three days can be used for cooking. Simply pour leftover wine into ice cube trays and freeze. The leftover wine is great to have on hand to make pan sauces!

Ha like there would be leftover wine in our houses Colleen!!!!

Oh no, not us!!!:D

Especially if we were hanging together!!! LOL!!

(Ya they all think we are nuts.... they should only know!)

End of Highjack - I haven't even tried mine yet - maybe go open a bottle of wine and play with it.;)

i love this almost as much as i love the new wine bottle opener. i have had only one wine bottle where it didn't fit quite right and i spilled. serves me right for buying cheap wine ;-)

FYI, I've done extensive research (in the name of customer care, of course), and I've found one wine bottle that the stopper wouldn't fit. The bottle opening was too small. It was a South African wine. It was the first one I've tried from there, so I don't know if it's all South African wines or just that one. I'll be mentioning that it fits most wine bottles. I'll also be doing more research--in the name of customer care, of course. ;)

You rock in Customer Care Rae - I must take some lessons!!! (Colleen wanna do customer care research with Rae??)

The great part is that I'm doing that research on doctor's orders. After the third physician suggested 1/2 to 1 full glass of wine (preferably red) and 1-2 ounces of dark chocolate each day, I finally gave in. I asked if I should choose either/or. I was told that both was best.During my last visit to the doctor my numbers were great! He told me to keep up whatever I was doing. I told him I was doing what he told me to do--eating 1-2 ounces of dark chocolate and drinking 1/2-3/4 of a glass of wine most days. He said, "Good!"BTW, life is waaaaay too short to eat bad chocolate. (Though, even bad chocolate isn't really that bad.) I usually choose Dove, Lindt, or Godiva. After all, it's doctor's orders. Love those doctors of mine. :)

Damn - we need to all go to Rae's doctors!!! WOW - go sell them the pourer - tell them the glasses on on b/o but we have "lovely" charms -

Ohh Rae, you should try Green & Blacks Organic Chocolate - it is sooo good! I became addicted living in London, and a year or two ago Target started carrying it. It is definitely worth the extra cost!

Just remember--the recommended daily allowance is 3-6 ounces (not bottles) of wine and 1-2 ounces (not boxes or Snicker's bars) each day. ;)I occasionally talk with all three of my physicians (GP, gyno, and optometrist) about PC. I talk to my dentist about it, too. I've got customers in my optometrist's office. Don't worry. I'll be mentioning the pourer at my upcoming appointments.

Forgot about Green & Black's. It's great! My alternative medicine adviser (who also suggested the wine & chocolate) occasionally reminds me to make sure the chocolate is at least 60% cacao--preferably 70%. I'm diabetic, and these foods help with maintaining level blood sugar and good blood pressure. (I've always had great bp readings, though.) She told me today that if I'm naught and have something that's got a high glycemic index (like a donut--long story), I should follow it with a low-glycemic/high protein food (like an egg or some nuts). I asked if that meant I should just get my next donut with nuts. She gave me one of those looks, then said that, yes, if I had to eat a donut that was the one to order.Of course, she had just whacked me with the papers she had in her hand when I told her about the donuts.

PamperedDor said:
You rock in Customer Care Rae - I must take some lessons!!! (Colleen wanna do customer care research with Rae??)

Sure, count me in!!:D

raebates said:
Just remember--the recommended daily allowance is 3-6 ounces (not bottles) of wine and 1-2 ounces (not boxes or Snicker's bars) each day. ;)

I occasionally talk with all three of my physicians (GP, gyno, and optometrist) about PC. I talk to my dentist about it, too. I've got customers in my optometrist's office. Don't worry. I'll be mentioning the pourer at my upcoming appointments.

Oh it's ounces? I thought is was per bottle.:p I guess it's time to get some reading glasses. :D

I always thought my wine glasses were one ounce:angel:... so we always have 3-6 glasses... you're not trying to tell me my wine glasses are bigger than that are you!?!?!:cry::cry:;)

You can also use it in a pretty bottle filled with dish soap by your sink!

I have used my for wine and it works pretty well, except, it has one more than one occasion leaked when the bottle was stored on the side. It doesn't leak a lot but leaves a little puddle on the shelf of the fridge.

dannyzmom said:
You can also use it in a pretty bottle filled with dish soap by your sink!

The dish soap isn't too thick?

KimoMakano said:
I have used my for wine and it works pretty well, except, it has one more than one occasion leaked when the bottle was stored on the side. It doesn't leak a lot but leaves a little puddle on the shelf of the fridge.

Hmm, mine hasn't leaked yet. :confused:

raebates said:
The dish soap isn't too thick?

It's slow to pour but it works.

Good to know. I'll have to try mine on my soap mix I keep on my window sill. I mix 1 part dish soap with 3 parts water. It works well for washing one or two items.

Related to Another Use for the Dripless Pourer/Stopper?

1. What is the purpose of the dripless pourer/stopper?

The dripless pourer/stopper is designed to prevent spills and drips while pouring liquids, such as oils and vinegars, from a bottle.

2. How does the dripless pourer/stopper work?

The pourer has a spout that allows for controlled pouring, while the stopper has a rubber seal that creates a tight fit in the bottle's opening, preventing any liquid from dripping out.

3. Can the dripless pourer/stopper fit on any bottle?

Yes, the pourer is designed to fit most standard sized bottles, including oil and vinegar bottles, wine bottles, and even liquor bottles.

4. Is the dripless pourer/stopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the pourer and stopper are both dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. Can I use the dripless pourer/stopper for thick liquids, like honey or syrup?

The pourer is best suited for thinner liquids, but the stopper can still be used to create a tight seal on bottles containing thicker liquids to prevent spills and drips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Patrick O'Sullivan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • missmindym