• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Can Forgetting to Send Orders Impact Small Business Events?

In summary, the host canceled the show due to a lack of orders and then forgot to send the orders through. The host then tried to get the orders sent through as a July show, but was unsuccessful. The main reason the host chose July was because she wanted the mandoline.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I did a show in July - VERY small show, weird crowd. I held it for a few days waiting for the checks to clear...and then totally forgot about it.

Host called me today asking where their orders are. I look and realize I forgot to send it through.
It's now the 16th and I can't get them the July specials. So I have to make it an August show.
The main reason the host chose July was because she wanted the mandoline. :(
She only earned one 1/2 price item & chose the DCB.
Crap crap crap!!!!
Wahhhhhhh:cry:

Oh NO!! I'm so sorry!! Hopefully the host understands. That's gonna hurt your pocketbook a little.

Same thing happened to me back in April.. :mad:UGH!!!

Chef Kearns said:
Oh NO!! I'm so sorry!! Hopefully the host understands. That's gonna hurt your pocketbook a little.

I'm looking at the UM x 2. One for the past host and one for the host. they each paid the 60% off price (23.80, I believe?) and for the host I can get it for her with her 20% discount (sucky show) and I'll get my commission back on it. For the past host it'll only be 10% off and then my commission. All together now, ladies: OUCH!!!!!

But you're still our Wahoo Woman!!

I agree with Sandra! :)

did you try and send it through as a July show? Just because they say we can't doesn't mean that we REALLY can't.....maybe?

Chef Kearns said:

Thanks <3 :candyheart:

Chef Kearns said:

Yeah, that!

CONGRATS on earning Toronto already you super star!

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry!!!Yes, congrats on earning Toronto! :D

pamperedlinda said:
did you try and send it through as a July show? Just because they say we can't doesn't mean that we REALLY can't.....maybe?

Yup - wouldn't go thru :(

If it did go through, no one would get their specials. UGH! {{{HUGS}}}

Carolyn - what I would suggest is you add the guest specials to the orders and get the sauces for yourself to use or sell. That will set-off some of the extra cost. As for the host specials, do you have a catalog show of your own that is going in? Maybe you could use the half-price items to get the host and past host specials?This totally sucks for you!

Carolyn, I have an extra UM that I got for the 60% off. If the cost with shipping saves you something I could send it to you.

And that is just another reason why I love Beth!! That is so nice of you! I do not have one NIB...sorry.

So nice Beth!!!! :DSorry, I don't have a new one either!

Well...it gets prettier and prettier.
Now one of the guests is "livid" that she has to choose a sauce instead of the two free rubs and "demands" that I buy her the two rubs. FINE.
So now I am out the UM x2 (paying the diff between the full price & the discounted price) and 2 full price rubs.
I go to submit and guess what? Host's card is declined. Nice.
Shoot me now.

bethcooks4u said:
Carolyn, I have an extra UM that I got for the 60% off. If the cost with shipping saves you something I could send it to you.

Thanks Beth - you're a doll. xxoxo

HUGS Carolyn!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay - so, it's finally through. I will breather again once the show has shipped and the host tells me everything arrived ok. The whole screw up cost me just under $70 minus the commission I get on that $70. Ugh.

What is the host discount? Would it be cheaper for you to get the items that you need on a personal order or would the shipping not make it worth your while?You'd have to write the purchase date on their receipt for warranty purposes.ETA: Never mind, I guess it's too late to do that now, huh?

dannyzmom said:
okay - so, it's finally through. I will breather again once the show has shipped and the host tells me everything arrived ok. The whole screw up cost me just under $70 minus the commission I get on that $70. Ugh.

Look on the bright side....you got more trip points :)

What are some common mistakes you have made at a small show?

One common mistake is forgetting to bring all necessary products or supplies. Another is not properly preparing for the show, such as not having enough samples or not having a clear sales pitch. Additionally, not keeping track of orders or payments can lead to mistakes.

How can I avoid making these mistakes at my own small show?

To avoid forgetting products or supplies, create a checklist and make sure to double check it before leaving for the show. Properly preparing for the show can be done by practicing your sales pitch and having enough samples and promotional materials. It's also important to keep track of orders and payments by using a spreadsheet or order form.

What should I do if I realize I have made a mistake at a small show?

If you realize you have made a mistake, the first thing to do is remain calm and professional. Next, address the mistake and apologize to any affected customers. Offer a solution, such as providing a discount or free product, to make up for the mistake.

How can I prevent forgetting to send orders after a small show?

To prevent forgetting to send orders, create a system for tracking orders and payments. This could include using a spreadsheet, order form, or online system. Make sure to set aside time after the show to process and send out orders.

What can I learn from your experience with a small show and forgetting to send orders?

You can learn the importance of being organized and prepared for a small show. It's also important to have a system in place for tracking orders and payments. Additionally, if a mistake does occur, it's important to handle it professionally and offer a solution to customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gagescorpages
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kaceyleigh2
  • Kitchen2u