• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Newbie Question - if You Have a Laptop and P3

C
chelynn
I'm just trying to figure this all out. I have a laptop that I can take to shows. So say I do that, and I enter all their orders and payment information. What is the benefit of doing it that way? I will not be able to bring a printer, so I can't print the receipts right then. I'd have to mail them anyway, right?

If you have a laptop and bring it, what do you do?

Thanks! THIS FORUM ROCKS!! :D

I think people just like getting in all in the program and not retyping it and it helps for those who like to close that night. It also will help make sure you gather all the necessary information on each person and show the host her benefits.

It is one more thing to carry of course, and depending on the audience, some have argued that it makes it look to potential consultants like they can't sell PC because a laptop would be required.

I personally still do it the "manual" way.

I used to take my laptop to all of my shows but I found that it takes me longer at the show to put everyones order in then it does for me to just add them up on a calculator. I would much rather get out of the host house a lot faster and sit at home and put my orders on. I know that I get out at least 30 min. faster. And another thing is if you have someone that is thinking about being an consultant they won't think they have to have a laptop.

I'm the opposite...I've found I'm MUCH more accurate when I use my laptop at shows. If people comment on it ("ooh you have a laptop!") I do make sure it's not a requirement, but I was lucky enough to have my hubby buy it for me for my Christmas/birthday present thanks to my commission checks AND it was a tax write off!:) I know I"d mess things up with the calculator or feel like I needed to double check stuff which took up time. I do come home and type in the guests' addresses and stuff so it doesn't take long to do it at a show. I also input any outside orders received before the show so I have an accurate total and can tell the host where her host benefits stand before I leave the night of the show.

I LOVE having a laptop. Now that it's June, I'm going to install P3 and hope I still love it. I've heard that P3 can be slower on laptops, but that was back when it first came out. I know, I"m a wimp and didn't start using P3 yet. I wanted to get the TPC earning period over FIRST to ensure there weren't any problems to jeopardize that for me.:)

Bottom line - I LOVE having my laptop.:D

I also love having my laptop.
People (in my opinion) are more easy going about giving out their credit card info if they see it going into a computer and not just on a piece of paper or something.
Plus I am 100 times more accurate with my laptop, the tax rates are different in a few counties here in NC and I have had to pay the difference because I didnt double check it before the show. (rookie mistake I know).

All I enter are the names and items... I enter the addressess and phone numbers when I get home.

It helps me give the host a better idea of what she has earned and how close she is to the next level!

I love having my lap top with me for all the reasons already listed above. I know that there aren't any mistakes in my addition and I can continuously keep track of the host benefits. I don't forget to add in my bookings, and when I get home everything is a cinch to wrap up. If someone comments "ooh you have a lap top!" I take it as an opportunity to talk about tax write-offs for anything associated with your PC business.

I take mine to shows. It opens up an opportunity to talk about all the business tools that PC gives us for free: PP/P3, ability to take credit cards, host benefits, guest specials, season changeover paperwork, etc.

I always have someone comment and I say "thank you, Pampered Chef!" and mention that it was paid for through commissions AND was a write-off. Yes, best for accuracy and somehow makes it easier for me to get a little time with each guest b/c I set up a station before the show so it's ready to go and they know I'm just entering it quick and will have their total. There is always a seat for them to use too. I love it!!Oh and if P3 is slower (which is most likely will be on laptops), check into getting more memory (RAM). P3 uses more memory to run and that should help a bunch. If you are purchasing a new laptop, bring in the info of the programs that you will be running so they are sure everything will run smoothly. Honestly, 1G of RAM is necessary anymore. Most laptops have 256 or 512MB (1/4 to 1/2 of what would be best).

I have a Laptop question. I have one that I have the potential getting for little to nothing of my husband's school bid list. I needs about $100 of work on it but people have won them before for $5-20. I am bidding on the one that he has already bought home to me. I will know sometimein June if I get it. The person in charge of bids is suppose to help us out to get it.

Here's me my questions. If I put P3 on my laptop and use it at shows. If I "back it up" do I use the "restore" on my desktop if I want to transfer the information to it. I would like to have ALL info on both. Does that make sense how I am thinking you can do it? This way, if one crashed I would not have to panic b/c everything is ready to go on the other one.

Jennifer, I posted in your other thread. You're completely on track.

I have done both--brought my laptop and left it at home. I prefer to bring it b/c then I'm basically done after the show and I know I've gotten the order totals correct. The only downsides are bringing one more thing to the show and slightly more time (though not much if you are going to do individualized checkouts with people anyway). The last show I did, I had 17 guests so I entered their names only (skipped addresses) and items. That way I could leave telling my host the total and we knew we had the right amount of $ collected. At home I could enter addresses/phone/email rather than slow things down with that number of people to check out. As far as printing/mailing receipts, you could look into a small printer but if you're at a show and using the triplicate order forms, they are getting a receipt anyway so you can just write in the amounts and be good to go.

I have used P3 since it became available and it does run slower on my laptop, in fact it takes forever to open up and often will freeze up, also seems like it has slowed down my whole computer. I take it from the previous posts that I need to have more memory installed. Good to know! I was afraid something was really wrong with my computer but I'll just have to look into the cost of increasing the memory

I take my laptop to shows, but I only put in the guest's name so it doesn't take too long per order. I just put the addresses in at home when I'm finishing up the show & printing the oo receipts. Too many times I'd mess up adding the order. Plus now I close the show the night of, so it helps to let the host know exactly what she has in free & discounts to get. I've had a few people mention how nice it is that I have one & I tell them it was a Christmas gift from hubby.

1. How can I use my laptop to process orders at shows?

The benefit of using your laptop to process orders at shows is that you can enter all the orders and payment information in one place, making it easier to keep track of sales and inventory. This can also save time compared to manually writing down orders and payment information.

2. What do I do if I can't bring a printer to the show?

If you are unable to bring a printer to the show, you can still process orders on your laptop. You can either save the receipts and print them later, or email them to customers. Alternatively, you can handwrite receipts and mail them to customers after the show.

3. Will I have to mail the receipts anyway?

If you are unable to print receipts at the show, you will have to mail them to customers. However, this can still be more efficient than writing down orders and payment information manually.

4. What are the steps for using my laptop at a show?

The steps for using your laptop at a show will depend on your specific setup and software. Generally, you will need to have a way to connect to the internet and a secure payment processing system. You will also need to set up your inventory and enter orders and payment information for each customer. Make sure to have any necessary equipment, such as a card reader or barcode scanner, and a backup plan in case of technical difficulties.

5. Can using a laptop at shows make my business more efficient?

Yes, using a laptop at shows can help make your business more efficient by streamlining the ordering process, keeping track of sales and inventory, and reducing the need for manual paperwork. It can also provide a more professional and organized image to customers. However, it is important to have a well-functioning and secure system in place to ensure a smooth and successful experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • Chefjpeak
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chefjpeak
  • Intrepid_Chef