• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There an iPad P3 App? Exploring the Possibility of Replacing Your Laptop

works on and what the cost is?Yes, the app is available on computers and phones. You can access it from your computer at home or office, or you can use your phone to submit orders while on the go. The app is free to download and use.Yes, the app is available on computers and phones. You can access it from your computer at home or office, or you can use your phone to submit orders while on the go. The app is free to download and use.
SweetThang
do you think that they will ever come up with one? I am wanting to get an iPad and do away with the laptop. But right now, I have to keep the laptop because that is what I use for computer use.

They've told me several times no....but i think if enough of us ask them they would do it, there are developers everywhere that develope apps for next to nothing. And other direct sales companies have them. I think we should all flood their email box with requests....

I called HO a month or two ago asking that question and the person I talked to said they are getting lots of calls about an app and "may" be working on one in the near future

Even if they do create an app, I don't think it'll be the same as the full blown version of P3. Probably more likely to be something to keep contacts handy and/or collect orders, but probably not ALL of the features, so you probably wouldn't be able to replace your PC with an iPad.

NooraK said:
Even if they do create an app, I don't think it'll be the same as the full blown version of P3. Probably more likely to be something to keep contacts handy and/or collect orders, but probably not ALL of the features, so you probably wouldn't be able to replace your PC with an iPad.

But if we could just take it to the shows instead of lugging the laptop! ...and then be able to download the orders into P3 when we get back home - kind of like we download the web orders now...

BethCooks4U said:
But if we could just take it to the shows instead of lugging the laptop! ...and then be able to download the orders into P3 when we get back home - kind of like we download the web orders now...

That would be nice, I would love something like that even for my phone.

I just wanted to make sure that SweetThang realizes that while the iPad has a lot of great features, it may not be capable of replacing her laptop for many things (including the full functionality of P3).

NooraK said:
That would be nice, I would love something like that even for my phone.

I just wanted to make sure that SweetThang realizes that while the iPad has a lot of great features, it may not be capable of replacing her laptop for many things (including the full functionality of P3).

Absolutely right! The iPad is somewhat limited. It does a lot but could not replace a computer any time soon.

BethCooks4U said:
Absolutely right! The iPad is somewhat limited. It does a lot but could not replace a computer any time soon.

And I don't think it's fully meant to, either. :)

I have an iPad and LOVE it! However, I do still need a laptop or pc of some sort. I don't have the iPad2 and I know that those have more features and functionality, but I imagine you would still want a pc, Macbook, something!

I would love it just to take orders at the show....I love my IPad and would love not hauling the laptop around. Even if I had to back it up and restore it to my laptop or desktop. But that will probably not happen soon because you have to run everything you back up/restore through ITunes, I think. Have to look at the other DSales companies' apps and see what they do.

The following was posted on a fellow consultant's FB page. I have not tried this but it is something that might fill the gap btwn now and when they create an app."To all Pampered Chef consultants awaiting an "App" for your Smart Phones so we can submit orders anywhere... no need to wait! Create a free acct at www.logmein.com, download software to your computer, then download the Logmein Ignition App to your phone. You can now submit orders via your phone from anywhere you have a signal!"

Amyskitchen2 said:
The following was posted on a fellow consultant's FB page. I have not tried this but it is something that might fill the gap btwn now and when they create an app.

"To all Pampered Chef consultants awaiting an "App" for your Smart Phones so we can submit orders anywhere... no need to wait! Create a free acct at www.logmein.com, download software to your computer, then download the Logmein Ignition App to your phone. You can now submit orders via your phone from anywhere you have a signal!"

But you would then have to have your computer on at home, right? It appears to be just a remote access app. I'd be interested to see how it works and how fast it works.

I can't access the site at work, could you let me know what platforms it supports?

I would be VERY cautious of downloading a 3rd party app to use with Pampered Chef's stuff...not only from a tech support standpoint but from a security standpoint and geez I can imagine what they'd do on Home Office end if they found out..talk about getting your panties in a wad....

Sure. Just put a remote desktop app on your computer and hope it's secure. Yeah right. No thanks. ;) Bad enough as it is out there with people trying to hack your information.

We downloaded a remote desktop and I can get into P3 with it but it's not very easy to navigate and if it happened to not work at a location I'd be stuck. Of course for it to work my computer would have to be at home and on and that would mean it couldn't be in ,y car as a back up. I think it could be quite frustrating at a show with people waiting to place their orders. Not worth it IMHO.

I work in the IT field and just seeing a review from Cnet about the LogMeIn app is enough for me to be pretty trusting of the application. The only thing would be that I would have to have my laptop plugged in and set up on the network to remote in, but that's not all that bad. There are times that I wished I had access to my desktop/laptop at home to get something I needed while I was at work.

Perhaps an email to tech support along the lines of "will we be developing one or shall we look to an outside developer to do one for us?" would do the trick. Maybe if they got one (IPad) and did a search in the App store for some of the other DS companies that already have them it would light a fire under them. Kind of like when they announced last summer "now you can use FB" and we all said under our breaths.."um , we already do.."

An app that I think every one should have on their iPhone or andriod phone is the Milebug app. I have an iPod touch and I downloaded the free version just to see what it was about and I love it! What milebug does is it tracks your mileage for you and then monthly (if you want to do it monthly) you can email yourself a report. You can keep track of any expenses while on the road (Gas, toll, etc) and it charts it all for you in the report that you email yourself. They have 2 verison the free one which is limited you can only log 10 trips and then either delete or email the report, and they have the one you pay for which is i think 2 or 3.99, but it's a tax write off (itunes will email you a receipt, i'm not sure about andriod) and the paid app has a lot more features including unlimited space to log trips and maps, etc. It is available on the app store and the android market. If you aren't sure if you'd like it download the free version, nothing to lose and it takes the hassle out of everything. http://www.milebug.com if you want more information.

I used to sell research microscopes and digital imaging software. The Pacific Northwest is very Mac centric. The biggest problem is that Apple is very proprietary about their software and it takes a long time to get their code to write software compatible with their operating systems. It is not a simple endeavor. Apple really wants its consumers to buy only Apple products and not put 3rd party products on their machines. Apple is brilliant in this way in creating a demand for something, because they are the only one who can sell it to you. It was always frustrating in my prior career because we were blamed for not having a product to work on Macs, when really it was an Apple issue of not allowing us to create a software program to interface with them. These were very specialize programs only used by a handful of people in Universities and research facilities. It was not something that Apple could create and then sell to the masses. The bottom line, it may take longer than you expect for PC to come up with an App for the iPad. By that time your iPad may have been upgrade and PC will have to start all over again.

Related to Is There an iPad P3 App? Exploring the Possibility of Replacing Your Laptop

What is the P3 App for the iPad?

The P3 App for the iPad is a mobile application designed to help users track their personal health and wellness goals.

How do I download the P3 App for the iPad?

You can download the P3 App for the iPad from the App Store on your device. Simply search for "P3 App" and click "Download."

Is the P3 App for the iPad free to use?

Yes, the P3 App for the iPad is completely free to download and use. There are no hidden fees or in-app purchases.

What features does the P3 App for the iPad offer?

The P3 App for the iPad offers features such as goal tracking, exercise and nutrition logging, progress charts, and access to educational resources on health and wellness.

Can I sync my data from the P3 App for the iPad with other devices?

Yes, the P3 App for the iPad allows you to sync your data across multiple devices, as long as you are logged into the same account. This makes it easy to track your progress on-the-go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
meganmcg
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • winklermom