• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grieving a Blighted Ovum: A Mother's Story

In summary, Nicole's u/s showed no development and she is going to have to wait and see if she miscarries on her own. She has her son to take care of who is still making her laugh.
calebsmom0822
My u/s showed today no developement..just a sac...so its a blighted ovum. All I can do is cry. My husband couldn't be here, since he's at Ft. Campbell. I called him, and he's going to try to come here today or tomorrow. He sounded like he was hurting just as bad as I was. I don't even know what else to write here, I'm so numb and hurt at the same time. I want to curl up in my bed and cry myself to sleep, but I can't. I have my son to take care of..who by the way is still making me laugh..thank god for him. Bless his heart..he cried today too..said he was sad that the baby wasn't in my belly anymore. Now I have to wait and see if I miscarry on my own. THanks for reading.

Nicole, I'm soooo sorry!!!! I'll say a prayer for you and your husband!

Nicole,
I'm so so SO sorry to hear about your loss. My heart really goes out to you. Soak up all that your little 4 year old has to offer in laughs and just the silliest things 4 year olds say (I know...I have one of those myself!). Take good care of yourself. I hope your husband can come home soon. Please know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Oh, I am so sorry.....My prayers are with you and your family.

Oh Nicole I am so sorry for you loss. I mc as well in the begining of November and it is so hard. I hope your DH can come home for a couple of days to help you through this rough time. If you want to, you can email me at pamperednikki at gmail dot come

My prayers are with you at this time.

Nicole, I am sorry for you loss and praying that God will comfort you. 4 year olds do seem to be the perfect thing for cheering someone up!

I am so sorry Nicole. I know word cannot take the pain away but you are in my thoughts and prayers. My SIL just did the same thing.

I am so sorry.

I'll be thinking about you. I'm so sorry.

Thoughts and prayersOur thoughts and prayers are with you also. I know this is very rough time for you. Take care of yourself.

I am so sorry. My eyes watered reading your post. Soak up the time with your son and know that you have loved ones here as well.

At times like these it seems our little children can turn into our heroes when we want to cry but they say something or do something that we can't help but laugh at, then you just hug them tighter.

Nicole, I am so sorry for you. You and your family are in my prayers!

Diane

I am so sorry to hear that.

For you and your BabyJesus is he with you?
I wonder every day
I sit and wonder why he's gone
And why he could not stay

Every part of me is empty
I feel I can't go on
But then I look to heaven
I hear this beautiful song

"Mommy I am with him
He holds me in his arms
When ever I am with him
He keeps me safe and warm"

"He says you shouldn't worry
I am safe and loved right here
With all the other baby angels
that passed within the years"

"Take care of my big brother
hold him tight and kiss him too
for someday I will meet him,
You and my daddy, too"

"We have a special place up here
He thought that you should know
Where the Blessed Mother takes
your place for now until you show"

"God says you gave the greatist gift
An angel for Jesus to carry
For I will always watch over you
To keep you safe from werry"

When I hear this precious little voice
From the heavens above
I know that all the angels
are showering him with love

For everyone that wants to hear
their babies voice so sweet
Just close your eyes and begin to pray
and embrace them in your sleep

May God keep you and your family always near and dear to the little one who once was...a gift to the world. Bless you and yours at this time of need...we love you

Nicole- I cried when I read your post and can't imagine how hard this is for you and your family. I am so sorry and hope that you can heal with your family by your side. I will be thinking of you and we can talk anytime!!

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and comforting thoughts. This group has brought me more comfort than I possibly could have imagined.

Darby, the poem was beautiful!! I'm printing it out and keeping it for safe keeping. My tears poured down as I read it. I know I will get through this, because of the Lord, my family and friends and you all here! God Bless you all!!!!!

Nicole I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you DH gets home so he is with you. Kids are the best to make you feel better. Just your son a big hug and tell him you love him. We all are here for you and ready to listen anytime you want to talk. My prayers are with you and the family.

Nicole,

No words can express my sympathy for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

My prayers are with you too. {{{hugs}}}

((((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry. Our prayers are with you, too.

You are in my thoughts & prayers, too.

I am so sorry!!! My thoughts are with you and your family. I have a 4 year old son and it makes even me hug mine a little tighter!

So Sorry for your loss - one more person praying for you and your family....I'll especially pray that your husband can be there with you soon!

Nicole,
I am so sorry for your loss. Three months ago, I was 7 weeks pregnant and had an emergency apendectomy. It was then that they realized there was no heartbeat. The doctor diagnosed it as a miscarriage and I went about 5 weeks before the miscarriage happened. I know exactly how you are feeling and I do know that it is far more emotionally painful when you know it's going to happen but not when and you have to wait and think about it everyday than when it just happens without warning. I want you to know that we are thinking of you and will pray for your family.

I am sorry to hear the news. I hope your DH gets back soon to help comfort you. Just take your little boy and give him a big huf and tell him you love him. We are always here for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers tonight.

Nicole. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine any words I can say to make you feel better. I just hope that God heals your heart very soon. You and your family are in my prayers.

-Margie

Nicole,
I am so sad and sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nicole,

I was saddened to hear of your loss - you and your family are in my prayers - take care,

Gina

I am so sorry to hear about your lost. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

May God comfort your hurting heart. Our prayers are with you.
Diane

Darby, that was such a heart tug!!!!
As for you Nicole, please know that you are in my heart and prayers. I know it must be a rough time to accept this....at the holidays and all. Not that there is ANY time to try to accept this but just cherish that little boy that makes you laugh. What a Godsend he must be...especially with your husband away.
Your family is in my thoughts. God bless.

My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family.

Nicole your family is in thoughts and prayers. Those little ones do have that special magic.

I am so sorry!Nicole,
I am so sorry to hear about your news. Remember the Lord knows what we need and what's best for us. Not that another baby would not be good for you, but he has the perfect timing. It took me almost a year and a half to have my now, two and a half year old. I was on depo provera and it really messed me up. I couldn't get pregnant or have babies, I prayed and cried and eventually the Lord knew when it would be the perfect time. I was scared thinking I would never have kids, I heard horror stories and thought I was done having children. But the Lord knew when to give me my children.
My prayers are with you and your family. Thank God for your son and hopefully your husband will be home soon to comfort you.

Debbie

Praying for your and your husband.

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you as you go through this rough time.

I am so sorry for your loss and hope your husband will be with you soon so you can have each other to get through this.

My hubby is on his way. He'll be here in about 2 hrs. I know when he walks through this door, I won't be able to hold back the tears. I have a dear friend here who has kept me out of the house today, and has kept me laughing. Its when I'm alone and Caleb is sleeping, when its the hardest. I didn't go to bed until 2 this morning, then was up with Caleb by 6. Hopefully with my hubby here, I'll sleep better. I know the Lord is with me, and its because of my Faith and relationship with Him, that I've been able to get through this.
Thank you all again for everything!

Oh Nicole, I am so sorry. My interenet was down yesterday so I'm just finding out. I so wish I knew what to say. I wish I could give you a big hug but Jesus will do that for me! Keep in faith and lean on your husband when he arrives. When you feel up to it, I'll be here to talk, even if only via Messenger for now. I will be praying with everyone else, for you and your family. And give Caleb an extra special hug for just being him.

Nicole & Nikki:MY prayers are with both of you and your family's too.

This is such a beautful poem :)

thechefofnorthbend said:
Jesus is he with you?
I wonder every day
I sit and wonder why he's gone
And why he could not stay

Every part of me is empty
I feel I can't go on
But then I look to heaven
I hear this beautiful song

"Mommy I am with him
He holds me in his arms
When ever I am with him
He keeps me safe and warm"

"He says you shouldn't worry
I am safe and loved right here
With all the other baby angels
that passed within the years"

"Take care of my big brother
hold him tight and kiss him too
for someday I will meet him,
You and my daddy, too"

"We have a special place up here
He thought that you should know
Where the Blessed Mother takes
your place for now until you show"

"God says you gave the greatist gift
An angel for Jesus to carry
For I will always watch over you
To keep you safe from werry"

When I hear this precious little voice
From the heavens above
I know that all the angels
are showering him with love

For everyone that wants to hear
their babies voice so sweet
Just close your eyes and begin to pray
and embrace them in your sleep

May God keep you and your family always near and dear to the little one who once was...a gift to the world. Bless you and yours at this time of need...we love you

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll be thinking of you. Keep your son close, he'll help you through the days. :)
suzy

Nicole, I wish we were closer! I am so sorry to hear that. I know how awful it is. I am sending good thoughts your way. I will keep your family in my prayers!

so sorryI am also sorry to hear that - if it is any help, one of my recruits had that exact same thing happen to her in January - no development, and she got pregnant again right away and Noah was born in November! And all babies go to heaven , even the unamed miscarried ones, so take heart your baby boy or baby girl is with Jesus and know that something like that doesnt necessarily mean it will happen next time. I hope your husband gets home soon so you can both console each other. I will say a prayer for you.

Noelle Williams
Sales Director
Alabama

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give another update. I miscarried on saturday night...so I'm thankful I didn't have to wait weeks for this to happen..and also I'm thankful my hubby was here. I had to go to the dr's today to take them the sac. I'm still crampy...is this normal? I'm pretty tolerant of pain, and the dr. says from what I gave them, its not a complete AB...so its possible I may still have some remnants in my uterus, but they are gonna wait until Friday to do bloodwork. I dont' want a D&C...I don't do well under anesthesia...but this cramping is like a very bad period, all through my back and lower abdomen. My hubby left this morning to go back to FtCampbell.
Would you believe, on top of all this, I managed to go on with my mom's Come and Go HOliday shopping show on Saturday morning. (I miscarried late sat night) Thank God I didn't have to do a long demo..I doubled up on Tylenol..that seemed to help...but the best thing....the show was over $800!! So I have qualified for my SS1 bonus!!! woohoo. My mom kept saying "we dont have to do this , nicole" but I knew she was really looking forward to it, and alot of people RSVP'd...so we knew it was gonna be good.
I'm so happy she had such a great show.
well, i wanted to get on here, and re-read everyone's kind comments. You all don't know how much your messages have meant to me. Thank you so very much!!

*snugs* on the miscarraige. I had a D&C when I miscarried years ago and still had cramping and pain for a few days afterwards. I suspect what you are feeling is somewhat normal given the circumstances. Try to pamper yourself over the next few weeks.

That is great on the show. I'll bet it also helped keep you distracted for a bit.

D&cWhen I had my daughter at 19, I had to go back to the hospital because I had a fever, nausea, and cramping with lower back pain. It seems they did leave some remnants of the sac or something in there and had to get it out. It was giving me an infection.
It didn't feel great and I was scared. They took care of it right away and I was out the next day. With a nice pain medication. :p

Get some rest and be sure to look out for fever, extreme pain in your stomach (like really bad cramps that don't subside), and lower back pain that make it hard to walk. All this won't be helped by any medicine. If the medicine is giving relief, you may just need to take some time to relax, pamper yourself like someone said on here and let your body heal itself.

Debbie :D

Probably part of the placenta if you just had a baby Debbie- it keeps bleeding and gets infected if they don't get all the placenta out.

I am sorry to hear about your loss, may the spirit of god bless you and your husband at this time, that you might feel the love of your family and friends, I have been where you are, if you want to talk let me know .... I will be here to talk .... even if it is through email or messenger .... I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I'm so sorry. I know how it feels, my son was stillborn, nearly 4 years ago. It still hurts every day. We have since had our daughter, almost 3. Hang in there, time will heal your wounds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies