• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Consultant at Tomorrow's Show!

In summary, the host is uncomfortable about her friend selling PC at her show. The host is hoping that her friend will not attend the show.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I was just informed by my host for tomorrow that her friend sells PC. She remembered when she gave her the invite to her show. Her friend said, "So, who's doing your show? Becauce I know its not me." :eek: The Host assured me it won't be a problem and that her friend is coming. She made a remark, "I don't know what I'll buy since I have everything. I do need a new ice cream scoop, though." I thought that was odd. But I guess if she's supporting her friend, then maybe it isn't. I will take any advice you could offer as I am really uncomfortable about this. I have done shows where past consultants were there, but never corrent consultants.:(

I'd do a regular show, but let her put her two cents in wherever she wants to help sell stuff! We can't seem to help butting in when we have great suggestions and ideas, I'm sure she's the same!

Just be prepared if she does and/or says something unexpected. I had a host who booked from me (because it was a cancer fundraiser that I did for my local relay) and she never told me that her cousin sold PC. She has been in the business for over 3 years. I have done this for only 10 months. She kept telling people everything that I forgot to tell them about a product. Her tone of voice is really what I hated. I did have a great show, $600 in guest sales, unless it was because of her help. I also received 1 booking (I think I would be really upset if she got any bookings - I just don't know)

Does that sound terrible??

That would make me nervous too! Just relax though, I'm sure you do a great job at your shows; you always have good ideas here;) All you can do is your best, hey maybe she'll get some pointers from you! I would just involve everyone, including her...ask their fav products & different reasons why they love them & different uses for products.

You might want to try a pre-emptive strike. As soon as she gets there tell her how excited you are that she will be there and that you would love to hear any constructive comments she might have about your presentation after the show. By being friendly to her before she can say anything or make any impressions and suggesting that she tell you AFTER the show, it just might make her more aware of the need to be nice :)

Past and present consultants can be the WORST guests!! We can always think of something the other person didn't say. The key is to remember we are the GUEST :p

Good luck and don't let her get you flustered!

Well...if she does get out of hand and start being snotty you could always come back with "If you were so great you would be doing this show instead of me!" Maybe that is a little mean, more of a thought to keep in the back of your head...have a great show!!

The odds are that the other consultant won't even attend the show. I had a recruit that had one consultant planning on attending one of her shows, which I thought was very odd in the first place and never showed up. If she does attend, I myself would just handle the situation in a professional manner, and if any trouble brews on her part ( which I hardly think it will), she will be the one that will look very unprofessional and then the guests will see for themselves why you are doing the kitchen show and not her : ) . Good luck and let us know how it turned out.

I would play nice too. Ask her to share ideas about your show and maybe she can pick up something that you do. I'm sure she will be on her best behavior, but if she isn't say "During my show I like to do it this way" then shoot her a mean look depending on how rude her comment was!!

You guys are the best! I'm just going to hope for the best. Do you think its odd that she would place an order? I guess if my friend were having a show I might, I don't know. I hope she doesn't show.

How can you 'forget' that your friend sell PC? Everyone I know is completely aware that I am a PC consultant!

My guess is that there are 2 scenarios:

1) Either they are not very close friends

~~ or ~~

2) Your host did not want to do a show with her as the consultant

I bet she doesn't even show up. If it were me, I wouldn't. Why would she want to advertise the fact that she's not the one doing the show among her circle of friends?

Go for it and be sure that you do the BEST show you've ever done!

Linda

If she was to place an order to help her friend out, I truely believe she would place it as an outside order. Why would she waste her time at someone else's show where you could be putting that time towards better use, unless she's looking at it as a training type of thing-you know how the others do their shows . . . I wouldn't worry about it, odds are she's a no-show. Concentrate more on having a wonderful show then with a "maybe" guests/consultant attending. She could be saying she coming just to spite you since you are the one doing the show and her feelings were hurt that she's not doing it, and try to get you worked up. Not to say, what you are feeling noone else would be feeling, cause if it happened to anyone of us, we'd be wondering the same things. Have a good show and we are all hanging in there for you.

You better give us the update after your show Anne!!

I loved Georgia peaches response above---also when doing door prize slip really mention that if they are even thinking they MIGHT want to do a show anytime in the next 6 months to mark MAYBE and the host will get a 60% off item at THEIR show---others will think it has to be with YOU---even tho it doesn't but......at least maybe she won't be trying to get bookings for herself there---But I'm sure it will be fine
:D

I agree that she probably wont come. But if she does, just be yourself. I had a new recruit come to my best friends show (she booked w/ me before her friend started PC). That woman started the show by saying she wanted to play Got It Love It.. I said I wasnt playing that and she said fine, then we'll throw candy at YOU when we have it. I was sooo pssed off but I kept my calm b/c I didnt want to look like a fool. She kept givng her input about certain things and in no time she was like Wow, I didnt know that.. REally? hmmm? and I won her over. She kept saying how she should've signed under me (it was the plan but she went to HO instead) and she regrets not having me as her coach. So in the end, I won.. and I'm sure you will too.
And if this friend knows she sold PC then I agree, why didnt she have HER do the show? hmmm lol

I would love to go to a PC show!! I think that it would be really interesting to see how different people can be selling the same things! Maybe she is really nice and recently joined. Good friends can not talk for a few weeks and she could have joined then. I wouldn't want the consultant to be intimidated or upset that I showed up. And I would buy something!!

I would take advantage of it and ask for pointers.Sometimes what we "see" in our shows is not what others "see".
I would definately introduce myself to this other consultant before the show, and say something like "I would love it if you would be willing to listen and watch me while I do my show. I love getting pointers from other consultants and would love your feedback after the show." Tell her "after the show" so she isn't interupting every second during your show. Crack a big smile and say Thank you right away. It should be very disarming for both of you.
Not only will it help you as she will know you are looking for help and not heckling but that you respect her and the knowledge she has. That may just be enough to keep her from being a distraction to you. Plus respect should beget respect. If you respect her in her position and let her know that, then she hopefully will respect you and let you do your thing without a hitch.
Hoep it goes well Anne!

I recently went to a ice cream social for a director in my area. She wanted to help me boost my sales and give me some "tips of the trade". One of here guest ended up talking with me after the demo and wanted to come to my mystery host show and bring some friends. I think the director got upset - but just played along. After I left the show with some- stretch of words tips. the girl called me and asked if she could have some info on getting on my team - I was floored. She said I was just more relaxed than the director. So I think we all have run ins with past PC cons. But I don;t think I could have them take over my show.

That's great Terri! Sometimes people just don't like a consultant that they know. I went to a beauty control party, and I would love to have a party, but the consultant drove me crazy and was really rude because I had my kids with me. I would book with any other consultant but her I think! She kept shushing my kids and say "This is SUPPOSED to be relaxing!". I know her and don't know any other consultants, but I will wait. Maybe her "friend" isn't a nice consultant at all, and wanted someone she would be more comfortable with. Good luck Anne, and I am excited to see how it went!!

Come out, come out, wherever you are Anne!! How'd it go?

She never showed!And, here's the funny thing... She hasn't done a show in a long time. She just puts in catalog shows to stay active. I guess she just likes the discount. So, I was worried for nothing! It was a good show. 13 attended and the sales are at $575, with 5 more orders coming in. And, the best part... the sister's host said she may be interested in PC, since it has flexible hours. I mention that in my story and you just never know what it is you're going to say that attracts someone.

Thanks for asking and thanks for all of your support!!!

That's great Anne! Sounds like things went much better than expected. Congrats on a very successful show and a potential recruit! Keep us posted on that too.

Thank you. I was relieved when she didn't show. Maybe she would have helped, but I just wasn't comfortable with it.

I'm glad you didn't have to worry it!

Me too!!!!!

What are the benefits of having another consultant at tomorrow's show?

Having another consultant at tomorrow's show can bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the event. They can also help with demonstrating products and sharing their own personal experiences with customers. Additionally, having another consultant can help with managing a larger crowd and providing more one-on-one attention to guests.

Will the presence of another consultant affect my sales?

Having another consultant at tomorrow's show can actually increase your sales. With more people available to demonstrate and talk about products, customers may be more likely to make a purchase. It also allows for more personalized attention to each guest, which can lead to higher sales.

What should I do if the other consultant's approach to sales is different from mine?

It's important to communicate with the other consultant beforehand and discuss your individual sales approaches. Try to find a common ground and work together to make the event successful. Remember that having different approaches can also attract different types of customers.

Do I have to split my commission with the other consultant?

No, you will not have to split your commission with the other consultant. Each consultant will receive their own commission based on their individual sales. However, it's important to discuss and agree upon any shared expenses, such as booth fees or marketing materials, beforehand.

Can I still take bookings and host shows with the other consultant present?

Absolutely! Having another consultant at tomorrow's show does not affect your ability to book shows or host events. In fact, having another consultant can provide more opportunities for future bookings as guests may be interested in hosting their own show with both of you. Make sure to have plenty of booking forms and information available at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies