• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Predictions & Thoughts on American Idol Finale: Adam vs. Kris

In summary, both Adam and Kris have great careers ahead of them, with Adam being more mainstream and radio-friendly. However, I think Kris will win.
babywings76
Gold Member
So? Any guesses who'll win? Who do you want to win?

I think they are both great and both have careers ahead of them no matter what.

The last song was in a better key for Adam, but I liked Kris's voice better for the style of it. It's too bad they weren't allowed to change the key to allow for that.

I like Kris's style the best.. I love that laid back voice he has.. I hope Kris wins, b/c I'm sure Adam's gonna be a star anyways!

I feel that Adam is a little bit better singer and performer but I think they will both have great careers and go very far in the music business. They are both so talented.

Yeah, Kris's is the kind of music that we prefer. It's funny how Adam has this weird tongue thing he does when he belts out big notes, and Kris has a funny jaw shift. I'm so curious to see what happens afterwards. Both David's from last year are doing well.

It is way too hard to call!

Kris is more mainstream and radio friendly. Adam is awesome to watch and such a great entertainer.

I think it will be Adam - but I wouldn't be surprised if Kris wins. Either way - both of them have a career ahead of them and should be able to secure their financial futures if they play their cards right.

I did NOT like the last song at all (no matter who sings it). I also hope that Kara is not on the next season, I'm not a fan and I don't think she added anything positive to the show. It was kind of amusing to see what Simon and Paula would say/do to annoy her and Randy seemed to tolerate her.

pamperedlinda said:
I did NOT like the last song at all (no matter who sings it). I also hope that Kara is not on the next season, I'm not a fan and I don't think she added anything positive to the show. It was kind of amusing to see what Simon and Paula would say/do to annoy her and Randy seemed to tolerate her.

I SO agree with this!!

When Adam sang that song I thought there was no way I was going to want to hear that replayed on the radio a lot. I thought Simon was funny making fun of the lyrics and then saying "Look, I'm not going to judge the song.." I'm glad they went by overall how each of them did. Forget that stupid song. Maybe if they had been allowed to change the arrangement/key it would've been better. But they had to leave it because it had just been created specifically for this (and to make money)

Oh, did you notice the teleprompter they had for the guys to see the lyrics?!

I hated that last song! Nothing like a song about mountains and hurricanes - yeah 0 Kara must go - I love Kris personally and hope he wins - sometimes I like Adam but I can't stand when he screams during his songs - I wouldn't want to listen to that on the radio. I did try calling in last night and only got through 8 times for Kris because most of the time the call came up as dead air and wouldn't ring through. It should be fun watching it tonight with everyone else back and performing.

I would like to hear Kris on the radio & I'd like to go watch Adam perform!

I finally thought of the best way to describe my feelings towards them!

I agree with that!

Listening to Adam is like "nails on a chalk board", sorry but I do not like him!! I think he is going to win though. I wasn't overly happy with the top 10 this year. Everyone went on about how great they were and I didn't think so. I don't like Kara and I don't think she brought anything to the show. I have always referred to Paula as "cheese", last night she was "smoked cheese" (nice tan).LOL

So with that all said I am hoping that Kris wins.

I'm 100% for Kris.....being in Arkansas has nothing to do with it though. I like him all the way around. Adam needs to go to Vegas or Broadway that is what he makes me think of. Kris is a really great guy all the way around. Don't know if any of you caught this but Kris is the music guy at his church here.

To be honest... I didn't want either one to win! I wanted Danny to win! I thought he was really good! He won my heart with "what hurts the most"!!! Oh my gosh! I can so relate to that song! It pulled on some serious heart strings!! I have a certain somebody from my past that that songs brings tears to my eyes when I hear it! From both Danny and Rascal Flats!! I wanted to see Danny win... and now I really don't care! Not like last year when I loved David Cook! But if David Archuletta would have won I would have been just fine too! Then the year before that.... that is simular to this year except that I loved Jordin Sparks! But I thought it should have been her and Melinda Doolittle! I think the same thing about Blake that I do Chris... they can sing and they are good... but they are not, in my opinion, American Idol material! And the 3rd person should have been in the finale! JMHO!!;)

I nearly threw my book I was reading when I heard that Kris won, because I was so excited. :)

I was hoping Kris would win.

Loved the look on Bikini Girl's face when Kara showed up!

Could not believe it when they brought back Tatiana....

pamperedlinda said:
Loved the look on Bikini Girl's face when Kara showed up!

Could not believe it when they brought back Tatiana....

I wondered if bikini girl might really have known or not, like Tatiana probably knew about the security skit.

I think Adam was much more talented than Kris, but Kris is indeed easy to listen to. Two totally different styles. I'm glad they were both friends and gracious with each other. I would had preferred Adam win, but it doesn't really matter who wins, as we've seen in the past Idol years. Many of this years' contestants have a good future ahead of them.

From the P.O.'d look on Bikini Girl's face, I don't think she knew.

I think it is better that Adam didn't win - he is too flambouyant to be tied to AI's rules and I think he will have a bigger career than what AI would be comfortable allowing him to persue. And he never has to sing "No Boundaries" again if he doesn't want to. I did not like that song and unfortunately for me, it's stuck in my head right now (that and Queen's "We Are The Champions" - lol)

I love last nights show and I thought all the duets with were great pairings. I almost wish I had dvr'd it so I could see it again ;)

Last night's how was incredibly entertaining -- what talent all in one place for a night. Amazing.

I was thinking Adam would win but after hearing him for so many weeks, his voice is too much like Steve Tyler/Gene Simmons/Queen, etc. Kris' voice is much more melodic and can do so many different kinds of songs. This was the first year I was going to go to an AI concert as I thought all the finalists were awesome. Unfortunately, it is on the last night of Wave 1 and I don't get home until one hour into the concert. I'm so bummed!!!

I love Kris' style and the performance with Kieth Urban was awesome. I was so happy when he won. I think Adam will go far but I can't picture myself buying an album with that "screaming" in EVERY song! (When he does the tounge thing it just drives me crazy, I want to yell at my TV like when DH's sports teams are doing bad.)

1. What are your predictions for who will win American Idol?

While it's difficult to say for sure, based on their performances throughout the season, it seems like Adam Lambert has a strong chance of winning. He consistently wowed the judges and audience with his powerful vocals and stage presence.

2. How do you think the American Idol finale will play out?

It's sure to be an epic showdown between Adam and Kris. Both are incredibly talented and have a strong fan base. It will ultimately come down to who performs better on the final night and who receives the most votes from viewers.

3. Do you think Adam's controversial performance of "Mad World" will affect his chances of winning?

It's possible that some viewers may have been turned off by the performance, but it's also possible that it could have gained him even more fans. Ultimately, it will come down to the overall performances and votes, rather than just one controversial moment.

4. How do you think the judges' opinions will impact the finale?

The judges' opinions can definitely influence viewers' votes, but in the end, it's up to the fans to decide. The judges have been very supportive of both Adam and Kris throughout the competition, so it's unlikely that their opinions will sway the outcome too much.

5. What are your thoughts on the overall season of American Idol?

It has been an exciting and diverse season of American Idol. Both Adam and Kris have brought unique styles and talents to the competition, making it a tough choice for viewers. It's been a pleasure to watch these talented artists grow and develop throughout the season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JD Gray
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies