• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Unemployment: Should I Pursue My Passion or Return to the Workforce?

In summary, PC can be a full time job if you work on it. Susan is starting to make plans to get her business going again and is doing things like handing out post cards and demos at local grocery stores.
pampered1224
Silver Member
OK. I got laid off from my full time two weeks ago. I am looking at this time to regroup and maybe a rebirth of sorts. I really would like to try to get PC going full time. I love doing it and I have insurance coverage at a cost as my partners place of business has Domestic Partner coverage, I will be getting unemployment and found out PC will not stop that but commissions will be deducted. The other issue of course is that everyone knows that finding job leads during the holidays is always a big challenge as most companies wait until after the new year and fiscal health has been established to really start hiring. So everyone keeps saying you should send a resume here or there or where ever. I DON'T WANT TOO! I gave myself 6 months to get PC going. So did some of the people who are now saying, send a resume here and there. So am I wrong thinking I should try to do PC full time while I can or should I try to get back into the work force now?

I think if you think you can make PC work full time, you should totally GO FOR IT!! It is DEFINITELY a possibility! You'll really have to work the 3-2-1 system!

I'm headed towards making PC a full time job for me as well!

Good luck - follow your heart!

You know what is best for you. Give yourself that 6 months with PC and at the same time look for another job (only if you want that) PC can be a fulltime job if you work on it. I work fulltime at a retail company and I do PC I love PC but it is hard work. Booking,booking and booking is the key at the same time recuit as well. I know if PC is what you want fulltime you can do it!!!! Just do what is best for you. Everyone will have their comments but think about if they didn't have comments they would be minding their own business :)

It depends on your level of confidence/faith and willingness to be patient while you rebuild your PC business. Giving yourself 6 months seems pretty realistic to me. I think that even these days, if you follow your passion and pour everything into it, you will reap the rewards and be happy too.

After all that you and your partner have been through this year, I applaud your perspective on the layoff and renewed motivation to make PC your career. Best of luck to you!

Thanks everyone. Susan that is it exactly! I have not let this lay off get me down and I am putting my faith in myself and you know who to guide me. I was sitting here at my kitchen table that very first day and I kept saying to myself "What do I do now?". Well, the answer hit me square in the face. I was typing up an e-mail to my customers and I was not really thinking about what I was writing. It just sort of came to me. I simply put down that I was now unemployed but fully employed in a different way and could do parties morning, noon and night! I knew where my heart was going. OK. So 6 months it is!
Every fiber of my being is telling me to go for it. I did decide to do one thing in the other direction - computers. My training is very rusty so I am checking out on-line courses to hone my skills some what. I can easily do that and PC at the same time. I figure no matter what happens, as long as I stay fully engaged, I can do anything! My e-mail signature reads "Let me be your 24 hour a day Pampered Chef gourmet. I love to party morning, noon and night!"
And 3-2-1 it is! I have decided to make a map of the neighborhoods surrounding me. I have a ton of old invites and I am going to come up with some sort of label to introduce myself to as many people as possible. I will take a few hours everyday to drop off or hand deliver those post cards. I am also going to check with some of the local grocery stores about demos. I will approach it as a help them and help me thing. So I have big plans. Now I have to make them reality. I start tomorrow as I have am going to Office Depot and will take mini catalogs with me. I also have several going to the bank as I was wearing PC logo wear and the lady asked for a catalog. I had just given out all 6 I had as a lady who saw my shirt wanted to do a catty party for December and I even had the printouts of the host and guest specials with me! So I am working it! Thanks again for the support. I knew I was right!

Go john!!!

I think six months is a good goal. My director is always telling me that I will see the fruits of my labor 90 days from now. You will get a good feel of where you are headed in 3 months.

Go get 'em! ;)

GO FOR IT! I do PC full-time and take care of my grandkids full-time. I am working on depending on it for my income as well! I think it's a great idea to let your customers know your new goals and love the "love to party morning, noon, and night" slogan!

OMG JANE! You just gave me another idea. I remember that you do PC full time and that you do mostly kids in the kitchen parties. I need to see about posting something at the schools for the moms who are at home when their kids are at school! Especially ones that may be looking for something - wink, wink - to do or better yet, profitable to do with that time! THANK YOU!

Sounds like you have a rock solid plan there John... Remember what you do today you will see the results in 3 months from now!!

Thanks Terry! Great reminder! Between the holiday and getting my house in order, I better get on the ball and get my PC stuff done too!

All I can say is that you will never know if you don't try! If you have steady income while building your business, great! Why not?! BTW, I still have to call you, but haven't found a quiet moment.

Congrats on your decision John! :DI still do PC part time, but have finally seen the light on the benefits of recruiting and having a team under you! The HO leads, the overrides, recruiting bonuses, etc. Team Leader is just a stepping stone for me. I have my short term goals set on Director, my long term goals are much higher!!!Just remember: "Where there's a will, there's a way!" :D

Yeah Anne you do! I am usually up until about 10:30 p.m. Central time so...

1. Am I wrong here or is there a way to sharpen my knives with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there is a way to sharpen your knives using Pampered Chef products. Our Cutlery Sharpeners are designed to sharpen both straight and serrated knives, making them versatile for all your sharpening needs.

2. Am I wrong here or can I use my Pampered Chef stoneware on the grill?

No, you are not wrong. Our stoneware is safe to use on the grill, as long as it is preheated properly and does not come into direct contact with flames.

3. Am I wrong here or do I need to season my Pampered Chef cast iron before using it?

Yes, you are correct. We recommend seasoning your cast iron before the first use to create a non-stick surface and improve its longevity. Our Seasoning Spray is the perfect tool for this task.

4. Am I wrong here or can I use my Pampered Chef cookware on an induction cooktop?

No, you are not wrong. Our cookware is compatible with all stovetops, including induction. The stainless steel base of our cookware allows for even heat distribution on all types of cooktops.

5. Am I wrong here or can I put my Pampered Chef bakeware in the dishwasher?

You are not wrong. Our bakeware is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. However, we recommend hand-washing our stoneware products to prolong their lifespan and prevent any potential damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kristina16marie