• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper

She doesn't go to parties so how does she know what she's missing?!I bet she's a real 'joy' to be around! One of those people who complain about everything.
IAmChefJ
Just thought I'd share... will look forward to reading your reaction.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=62444

I think this article is pretty ignorant. And insulting.

By the way, I am NOT the Jeanine in the story. :)

I WAS in Nashville last weekend but I live in Michigan. Furthermore, I'd never get invited to a playgroup. All my children have fur, tails and four legs.

It made me laugh!

She tries too hard to be cynical and edgy....I just kept thinking she must be a joy to hang out with. (not!)

And then I thought - hey, maybe someone should introduce her to the youtube woman with the Generation II 8 inch skillet! They might hit it off!:thumbup:

I'd say it's VERY ignorant and insulting! She even acknowledges that she may have been a "witch with a b" to her friends, yet defended her ugly behavior. I think she's obviously too insecure to say "no thanks" to her friends who offer her these things and continue to keep the friendship going anyway. How shallow.

I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion of the direct sales market, and I don't have to agree with people like the one who wrote this article...as for me, I am proud that I work really hard NOT to pressure people. I think we're lucky that PC is a company with products that (for the most part) really do sell themselves.

yes. Insulting. I can't believe they actually put that in the newspaper for everyone to read. there are a lot of stay at home mommies like myself that do direct sales to get us out of the house to maintain our sanity and to provide a little extra cash to help make ends meet! i don't provoke my friends to buy from me. Heck, my own mil hasn't ever even had a party for me and my own momma has only had 1 in 4-1/2 years. very very insulting. I would like to pop her one:) (not really, but it sounded good) maybe we can put her in time out.

That is unfortunate that the article was printed. But to each his own.

I was going to say more, but I am an emotional basketcase tonight and it wasn't very friendly or good-spirited to keep it in print. So I deleted it.

She doesn't go to parties so how does she know what she's missing?!

I bet she's a real 'joy' to be around! One of those people who complain about everything. What kind of newspaper is this? I thought it was a very tacky article.

what is the You tube woman with the 8inch skillet?

pamperedlinda said:
What kind of newspaper is this? I thought it was a very tacky article.

I agree. It was VERY tacky. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you don't have to go around being a jerk about it! And I think this was in the wrong part of the newspaper to begin with. It should have been in the opinion section or something.

pclinskie said:
what is the You tube woman with the 8inch skillet?

Some silly lady who had her gas stove on HIGH...so high the flames were coming up the edges of the pan and then she whines about how her handle is loose, and water gets in there...and then when she uses it (on high, again) the water heats up and spits boiling water all over.

Just someone wanting to whine...

BTW, it was an OLD pan (used to be warranteed for 2 years...so it was probably way past that) that was obvioulsy misused...

Oh...about the article. This lady is probably someone who either is mad at the world, and complains about everything...or her column gets more readers when she "pretends" to be like that. Either way, I thought it was pretty ignorant and one sided. Not everyone feels that way about their friends selling stuff...and not all of us "eventually get out of selling" like she is claiming- this can be a FULL TIME CAREER, and I can guarantee that my AD and NED make loads more $$ and are happier with their career choices than she is!

Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining.

I have had a few freinds that no longer return my calls since I started selling PC and I never even asked them to host a party or buy. I heard one said to another friend she didn't want me to ask and didn't want to hurt my feelings by saying no, so she just stopped talking to me.... OK.. and that is not rude or doesn't hurt my feelings??

opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. I just don't listen to those types of people, too much negative energy for me.

Wow, I can't believe this made it into the paper! I'm not surprised that she has no friends...

merego said:
.......didn't want to hurt my feelings by saying no, so she just stopped talking to me.... OK.. and that is not rude or doesn't hurt my feelings??......

She did you a favor and showed you her true colors. You don't need people like that in your life.

When I started PC a couple of my friends told me that they would support me and buy from only me, but please to never ask them to host. I haven't, and they buy from me from time to time. One of them eventually changed her mind and asked me to do a PC party for her, it was a $1300 show :D

ChefBeckyD said:
It made me laugh!

She tries too hard to be cynical and edgy....I just kept thinking she must be a joy to hang out with. (not!)

And then I thought - hey, maybe someone should introduce her to the youtube woman with the Generation II 8 inch skillet! They might hit it off!:thumbup:

That litterally made me spit at my computer monitor I laughed soo hard! Too funny!!!

That's too bad that DS consultants are thought of that way...

pampered.chris said:
That is unfortunate that the article was printed. But to each his own.

I was going to say more, but I am an emotional basketcase tonight and it wasn't very friendly or good-spirited to keep it in print. So I deleted it.

Chris, are you okay?

OK, so if I went to a playgroup and it turned out to be a Pampered Chef show, I'd say, "HELL YEAH!" I'd totally buy some stuff, well, not now since I sell it. I never really had a PC consultant that I called "my own." So that would've been fine in my book.She has her own opinions which is fine. Everyone is different though. Yeah, I'm going to bug family and friends to host a show and if they like me at all, then they'd do it for me...Right? LOL

Ridiculous....that's all I'll say.

KellyTheChef said:
Some silly lady who had her gas stove on HIGH...so high the flames were coming up the edges of the pan and then she whines about how her handle is loose, and water gets in there...and then when she uses it (on high, again) the water heats up and spits boiling water all over.

Just someone wanting to whine...

BTW, it was an OLD pan (used to be warranteed for 2 years...so it was probably way past that) that was obvioulsy misused...

Have you seen the one on YouTube with the Ice Cream Dipper? It is being used by a "dip".

lacychef said:
Ridiculous....that's all I'll say.

I agree. That newspaper must not have much credibility to run crapola like that. And I'm not saying that because she bashed PC.....she bashed several other DS companies and has a really hateful attitude.

She very much likes controversy.

The sad thing is, she's a free-lance writer who has been able to be a SAHM and find a way to make money. It's too bad she has to bash others who are doing the same thing.

Poor woman. Imagine having friends who only wanted to spend time with you if you buy something. Imagine having a friend who's an obviously inept PC consultant. (She talks really badly about this person's ability to get business and use the products. I know the UM is a problem for several people, but it seems that this person had bigger issues.) Imagine having to make a living by trying desperately to appear witty and urbane, but only coming off as . . . um . . . let's say witchy.

I know there are people out there with a really low opinion of anything and anyone related to any DS company. I also know that I don't bring up PC among my friends unless they (1) ask about a tool or recipe--at which point I mention with a grin or a gigle that it's PC, of course; (2) ask directly about how business is going; or (3) ask for a catalog or whether a particular product is still available. I'm fairly certain that's the case with most of the people here.

Yes, I wear PC gear. No, I don't browbeat my friends into hosting or buying. Neither do other successful consultants.

Again, how sad to be surrounded by so many pitiful consultants/associates/advisers, and have no other friends to turn to. LOL!

I do think her playgroup friend should have warned her about the Pampered Chef Show, but I agree with everyone else that this woman has some serious issues! I wonder what she thinks she is selling....

Obviously she knows NOTHING about PC, or she would have known better than to call it "crap". She mentions other DS companies, but hits PC the hardest and that's annoying. There is at least one other company who's name she doesn't mention (and I won't either) who's products I find the majority to be crap.

But, what irritates me the most is that there's a hint of truth to it. At least, as far as opinions about us. But you have to feel sorry for someone who doesn't even have the cajones to say "no thanks" to someone's face, yet she can talk a lot of smack in her column. How lame is that???

I belong to a Bible Study group, and a couple of the women there have had jewelry parties (which I did not attend, because I'm just not a jewelry type of girl). One of the women mentioned agreeing to host yet another jewelry party, and I jokingly said I was 'hurt' that she wouldn't host a PC show, instead. Her daughter said 'oh, she doesn't do Pampered Chef, or things like that. She likes jewelry and SLAH.' When the meeting got back underway, I leaned over to this woman (who was sitting right next to me), and whispered 'if you never host a PC show with me, I'll still love you.' We've actually gotten closer as friends since that moment!

I would never base my friendship with someone on whether or not they hold a PC show, nor would I want someone to decide not to be my friend because I'm a consultant! And, I have a feeling 'Jeannie' had more reasons to be uncomfortable around this writer than the fact she didn't spend money at the party! When you proudly proclaim yourself as being a 'b' to your friends, you've gotta figure some of you 'friends' aren't going to want to be around you much longer.

Our church had a women's fellowship group that met once a month. It was really just a way for us to get to know one another better. It was a lot of fun. At the end of each month's get-together someone would volunteer to take charge of the next one. (The women who started the group took the first one.) One rule existed: you could plan pretty much whatever you liked, but your plan had to be submitted in writing to the women who started the group. That plan was run by the pastor for his approval.Since I was the first person to volunteer, both the group starters and the pastor came to me to explain why they felt it necessary. Our non-denominational congregation is full of people from very diverse backgrounds. They had no concerns about what I may plan, but they felt it made sense to get a procedure in place for checking things so we could keep things from "running off into the ditch." I assured them that I understood completely. As a matter of fact, I would have let them know what I was planning, just as a courtesy. I had to laugh when our pastor told me about a "women's group" that started at their former church. It became a round of various DS parties, interrupted by the occasional movie. Now, my pastor knows I'm a PC consultant. He also knows I wouldn't plan to use a church meeting as a show opportunity. And, it wasn't the DS parties that cause an uproar. It was a movie that was shown that some considered fine while others considered it questionable. (No, I don't know what movie it was.) The group finally fell apart. Personally, I think it's a bit rude of the host (not the consultant) to turn a meeting of any kind into a DS party. Host one afterwards? Sure. Share catalogs and let people know you're hosting or doing a catalog party? Absolutely. Turn the actual meeting into a show? No way.Of course, that's just my opinion. It's pretty much worth what you've paid for it. LOL!BTW, I'm talking about the group in past tense because we decided to skip meeting during the summer. We may be starting it up again soon. Then again, we may not. Some study groups have started, and they may replace the "hang out together" thing.

Related to aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper

1. What is "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper"?

"aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper" is a feature in your local newspaper that showcases Pampered Chef products and recipes. It is a great way to learn about new products and get inspired to try new recipes.

2. How often does "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper" come out?

The frequency of "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper" may vary depending on your local newspaper, but it is typically published on a weekly or monthly basis.

3. Are the products featured in "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper" available for purchase?

Yes, all of the products featured in "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper" can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also order them online through the official Pampered Chef website.

4. Can I submit my own recipes to be featured in "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper"?

Yes, you can submit your own recipes to your local newspaper for consideration in "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper". If your recipe is chosen, it will be credited to you and may even be featured on the official Pampered Chef website as well.

5. Is there a fee to access "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper"?

No, there is no fee to access "aLittle Pampered Chef in My Local Paper". It is a free feature provided by your local newspaper to showcase new and popular Pampered Chef products and recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg