• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising in Parenting Magazine

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of advertising for Pampered Chef products. The participants discussed seeing an ad for Pampered Chef in a parenting magazine and wondering how much it cost, as well as whether or not people actually call the numbers listed in the back of magazines. They also debated whether National Directors are allowed to advertise in magazines and whether it is a worthwhile investment. The conversation then shifted to individual experiences with advertising in local newspapers and the potential for recruitment and sales from such ads. Ultimately, the conversation concluded with a policy from Pampered Chef stating that Consultants are allowed to place paid advertisements in various publications, but must identify themselves as Independent Consultants.
tiffanypc05
So, I'm the one who always looks at those stupid little ads in the back of the parenting magazine but as I was looking through I seen THE PAMPERED CHEF. I was like omg, and it's a director that's got it. I wonder how much that set her back. I just thought it was cool and wanted to let everyone know about it.

I wonder how much something like that costs, too! Do people actually CALL anyone listed at the back of magazines?!?!?!?

KellyTheChef said:
I wonder how much something like that costs, too! Do people actually CALL anyone listed at the back of magazines?!?!?!?

I look, but I've never called. Wonder if she's made her money back on that investment!

So Directors can advertise liike that? I knew National Directors could, but I didn't realize others could.

hoosierchef said:
So Directors can advertise liike that? I knew National Directors could, but I didn't realize others could.
NO WE CAN NOT! No one is allowed to advertize in a national magazine or newspaper.

BethCooks4U said:
NO WE CAN NOT! No one is allowed to advertize in a national magazine or newspaper.

So not even National Directors?? Hmmmmmmm......

hoosierchef said:
So not even National Directors?? Hmmmmmmm......
I don't think even they can do that. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but it would be unfair if they could!

I suspect the only thing those ads accomplish is to enrich the bank account of the publisher.

I know that one level of director can advertise in mags (can't remember which) but it is the level where you can afford to advertise in mags!!

I looked on CC in the policy section and no where does it say directors can advertise in magazines. It could be that info for directors and advertising is listed elsewhere but I would not know where to look for that. I also found the leadership handbook (from 2006) and it does not mention advertising in national magazines as a perk.

Okay, I'm missing a page out of my recipe for success but the only thing i see is where they CANNOT conduct any type of interviews. below the paragraph it says see seperate policies on magazine, radio, and television advertising. it must be on pages F-17 or F-18 b/c thats the one i'm missing. If someone will look it up for me. In the meantime, I'll look for my missing page...lol

Here is straight from CC- I guess anyone can if you can afford it!!

Consultants may place paid advertisements in local, community and national newspapers; town newsletters; Chambers of Commerce or other business organizations’ publications; school, church or county fair programs, flyers, etc.; and in local and national magazines.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/public_comm/recipe_success_ad_guidelines.html#adNews

In all advertisements, identify yourself as an Independent Consultant rather than as the company or one of its employees. See Title/Identification guidelines.

If you are providing information to a newspaper or magazine for possible (i.e., unpaid for) coverage or inclusion in a story, refer to the separate policy on publicity.

I think its time to get my eyes checked. I read may NOT when it says MAY.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth $30 to advertise in my rinky dinky paper...I can't IMAGINE how much that costs!

On a side note, I'm one of those who reads all the little ads, too, but I've never called on one of them...

speedychef said:
I'm trying to decide if it's worth $30 to advertise in my rinky dinky paper...I can't IMAGINE how much that costs!

I had a running ad in our local paper when I lived in AZ. I got called for orders every month. I never had a show from it just orders. In the beginning it more than paid for itself. Some months were ALOT slower than others though. It is one of those things that will pay for itself over time. It helps with exposure. Who knows you might have a recruit or bookings from yours. I just had lots of orders.

Good luck!

I would never think of advertising with a huge magazine like that but I do advertise in a local school newspaper for $20 a paper and they come out 8 times a school year i think. I've had some successful orders from this but no shows.

I am running ad's in the local newspaper... here ..... I have gotten several resposnes back from it.

I placed a FREE ad in our local classified papers and have had two calls for magazines but so far now orders. But since it is FREE I cannot complain about it that's for sure!

It is not a business ad just an ad showing PC products for sale.

gilliandanielle said:
Here is straight from CC- I guess anyone can if you can afford it!!

Consultants may place paid advertisements in local, community and national newspapers; town newsletters; Chambers of Commerce or other business organizations’ publications; school, church or county fair programs, flyers, etc.; and in local and national magazines.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/public_comm/recipe_success_ad_guidelines.html#adNews

In all advertisements, identify yourself as an Independent Consultant rather than as the company or one of its employees. See Title/Identification guidelines.

If you are providing information to a newspaper or magazine for possible (i.e., unpaid for) coverage or inclusion in a story, refer to the separate policy on publicity.

So, are we allowed to include our website in these ads??

1. What are the benefits of advertising in Parenting Magazine?

Advertising in Parenting Magazine allows you to reach a targeted audience of parents and caregivers who are actively seeking products and services for their families. This can lead to increased brand awareness, customer acquisition, and sales for your business.

2. How much does it cost to advertise in Parenting Magazine?

The cost of advertising in Parenting Magazine depends on factors such as the size and placement of your ad, the frequency of your ad placement, and any additional features you choose to include. We offer customizable advertising packages to fit your budget and marketing goals.

3. Is Parenting Magazine available in both print and online formats?

Yes, Parenting Magazine is available in both print and online formats. Our print edition reaches a wide audience of readers, while our online edition allows for digital targeting and engagement with readers through interactive ads and links.

4. Can I target a specific demographic with my ad in Parenting Magazine?

Yes, Parenting Magazine offers targeting options such as age, income level, and geographic location to help you reach your desired audience. Our team can also provide additional demographic insights to help you create a more effective ad.

5. How can I track the success of my ad in Parenting Magazine?

We provide detailed analytics and reporting for all of our advertising clients. This includes data on impressions, clicks, and conversions to help you measure the success of your ad and make informed decisions for future advertising opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies