• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising for Recruits: Is It Worth It?

In summary, the conversation discussed the current season of a TV show, with some participants finding it less entertaining than previous seasons. The addition of a new team and the writers' strike were also mentioned. The conversation then shifted to advertising for recruits, with mixed success and some negative experiences with potential recruits. Overall, the participants did not recommend advertising for recruits.
DebPC
Staff member
Does anyone advertise in a newspaper?Or another publication for recruits? Have you had success with this? Do you recommend this to your downline?

I advertised our consultant opportunity. I had 3 men respond... no women. Even though I flat out said it was a commission-based job, they all wanted to know the salary.

I did meet with one man who wanted to do it but refused to pay for the kit. He wanted me to "give" it to him because he guaranteed me that he would be his top seller because he was a "ladies man". He was such a pig... rude and condescending. We met at a coffee shop and he criticized and made fun of every single woman who walked through the door. I finally got up and left.

So in answer to your original question...yes I have advertised and no, I would not recommend it!

I have advertized several different times and have gotten a few calls from the ads but every one of them were looking for get rich quick schemes. I do not think it's a worthwile use of resources.

I have done recruiting advertising in a few publications, including a major local employer who offered a free newsletter with classifieds. Never had one call of of those. I believe that the main benefit I get from this type of advertising is the occassional outside order or show. Not enough success to do it regularly (when I have to pay).

I have advertised in a local church director, preschool yearbook and elem school yearbook...I got one catalog show from the elem school yearbook - nothing else.

HouseAnyone else think this season is much less entertaining than the last?

I think a couple of episodes were on the boring side but most have been entertaining.

I agree with Jamie that a couple have been really boring. The rest are ok, not as good as the previous seasons. Why keep the previous team on and only give a couple of min of air time? Either have them play an important part or get rid of them.

Now that they have a new team hopefully it will pick up.

I miss the old team that is for sure! But still can't stop watching so that must say something!

I, too, miss the old team. I dont like this whole picking an intern thing. I know he's done with that, now, but I have to admit that I have a hard time paying attention because I don't care about them. I like the three others.

I agree I don't think this season is as good, but I do love the show. I hate the fact that it has been off for a few weeks and with the writters strike there is nothing on TV.

michelled said:
I agree I don't think this season is as good, but I do love the show. I hate the fact that it has been off for a few weeks and with the writters strike there is nothing on TV.

same here!! We saw 24 for the first time last season..we are renting the disk and watching those at night time. We are getting them at family video and only $1 per disk for 5 days :)

I have to give them a small kudos for mixing it up this season.

Related to Advertising for Recruits: Is It Worth It?

What is the purpose of advertising for recruits?

The purpose of advertising for recruits is to attract potential candidates who are interested in joining Pampered Chef as consultants. This allows us to expand our team and reach more customers.

What methods of advertising are used to attract recruits?

We use a variety of methods to advertise for recruits, including social media, online job boards, email marketing, and word of mouth. We also attend job fairs and host informational sessions to reach a wider audience.

Is advertising for recruits worth the investment?

Yes, advertising for recruits is definitely worth the investment. By reaching out to a larger pool of potential consultants, we have a better chance of finding dedicated and motivated individuals who can contribute to the success of Pampered Chef.

How can I track the success of our recruiting efforts?

We use various metrics to track the success of our recruiting efforts, such as the number of applications received, the conversion rate of applicants to consultants, and the overall performance of new recruits. We also conduct surveys and gather feedback from our team to assess the effectiveness of our advertising methods.

What qualities do you look for in potential recruits?

We look for individuals who are passionate about cooking, enjoy working with people, and are motivated to build their own business. We also value strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and grow. No prior experience is necessary, as we provide training and support for all our consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kathryn Read
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • ChefJen2012