• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aDay in the Life of Laura... Lol!

And... I'll have my CS pin on! (thanks Ann!) :D

That will work. I am always interested in chatting with people who are doing what I'd like to be doing. So, look for the crazed woman with the note pad in her hand - wearing a CS button, too, of course :)

Ha ;) I'm trying to figure out a way to describe how to look for me... umm... a really hyper redhead w/funky highlights that probably laughs way too much? LOL! :D

Laura, I'm revisiting this thread preparing for my show tomorrow. I'm guessing your demo is pretty casual and short, too and that you are really just "one of the gals" with everyone. Can you share more about that? It seems like you've already set the stage pretty well throughout your show to lead up to your closing.

Do you do a set opening? How do you talk about bookings? Product Collections?

I'm dense--I need more info here.

Laura, thank you so much for responding to my post. I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I was selected to take the survey and since then my eyes have been opened to how I truly feel about my business. I think I'm a little shocked.

After discussing it with friends and family and praying about it and talking with you guys I think the best course of action for me is to change my goals. Right now in this stage of my life I cannot put as much time and energy as I need to for my current goals. I need to shift gears. Yes, I want to be a Director, but I am threw with obsessing over it. I want to get back to the fun! I think that will make the biggest difference in my recruiting. I am not a gal that can do more than 5 shows a month at this point. It is not working. I cannot at this point make CC calls everyday. I just need to change my goals to be realistic for my reality.

Chef Kearns: I know what you mean, this is a tough time for me. I decided that I just want to do a couple of shows a month and not worry about anything else. And, guess what? I recruited one who BTW has 9 shows dated. LOL I also have a host now interested. And, one of my inactives has a catty show. Go figure. SOmething about once you give up. LOL So, c'mon... give up with me, look how much better you'll do!! LOL

Just bumping this up to ask you to wish me luck...I'm trying out the "casual" approach for the first time at my show tonight! I'm making the 10-minute tenderloin, which I figured was a good recipe to try to sit down at the end since it's so short. Usually I kind of pass over talking about recruiting because I feel they want to eat & go home (even though they are always eating no more than 45-60 minutes after the show start time).

I'm also going to add something else in & see how it works. When we do our intros, I'm going to sit down then too. I figure this is a great time to get away with it since I'm 6 months pregnant, so it won't look too weird! By the time I have the baby, all my hosts will know I sit down at the beginning & the end! I have always felt weird (like a teacher) standing while they go around & say their names & such. So I figured this was a good time to just put both together & sit down at intros & closing.

Anyway, wish me luck!!!! The host has already given some red flags & I'm planning on talking to her before the show too.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Just bumping this up to ask you to wish me luck...I'm trying out the "casual" approach for the first time at my show tonight! I'm making the 10-minute tenderloin, which I figured was a good recipe to try to sit down at the end since it's so short. Usually I kind of pass over talking about recruiting because I feel they want to eat & go home (even though they are always eating no more than 45-60 minutes after the show start time).

I'm also going to add something else in & see how it works. When we do our intros, I'm going to sit down then too. I figure this is a great time to get away with it since I'm 6 months pregnant, so it won't look too weird! By the time I have the baby, all my hosts will know I sit down at the beginning & the end! I have always felt weird (like a teacher) standing while they go around & say their names & such. So I figured this was a good time to just put both together & sit down at intros & closing.

Anyway, wish me luck!!!! The host has already given some red flags & I'm planning on talking to her before the show too.
Good for you! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Good luck!! :D

Workshop Maybe to a Yes. I am taking that too. I have trouble just getting the recruiting leads--sad huh? I am taking the workshop 9 a.m. 7/11. Anyone else taking it at the same time?

Julie

Debbie - how did it go for you using Laura's approach?

Laura,

I'm curious about how you refer to recruiting in your host coaching. Do you talk about it from the beginning?

I am so excited about your approach. It really put it into terms that I can relate to finally. It's something that I know I can do!

Thanks,
Sarah

To be really honest, unless I'm getting major red flags during host coaching I don't really hint at it all that much. HOWEVER, I am very intentional when I am talking to the host about how excited I am to do her party and how much I absolutely adore my job. It's a frame of mind. I want them to think "whoa... I want what she has". Planting seeds. Ya know. ;)
Then, after coaching, during set-up at her party (when we're face to face) and she is watching me and how easy my job is, I'll probably bring it up. Something like "You know, I have been thinking about you, and how fun you are to work with... would you watch what I do tonight as a consultant? It may be something you'd be interested in, and I'd love to know what you think."

Last edited by a moderator:
Janet asked how it went...

My host is a HOT lead and another guest is interested too.

I tried to call them both yesterday and left messages.

So time will tell...

Great Debbie - keep us posted.

Pretty soon we'll all be students of Laura's "Casual Recruiting".

Well, I'm not a very good student! I ended up not doing the casual approach at the end. I did sit in the beginning with the intros & it felt good to kind of be a part of the group.

I'm beginning to think I need to take a step back in my business anyway. I am definitely an over-achiever & I think I'm pushing myself to recruit. I haven't enjoyed PC as much lately & I think part of the problem is that I look at those at the top & think I need to be up there with them. So I'm killing myself with online classes & CDs & such & I'm just exhausted. So I think I'll just go back to working on sales & bookings & maybe in a year or two focus on recruiting again. It's been much harder being pregnant & having a 2 year old & doing PC than I thought. I'd rather look back on this time & remember being happy than killing myself. So I think I'll just relax a bit & work on having fun at my shows. Who knows, maybe that will do the trick! But thanks for all the info & encouragement, Laura! I'm sure you are a great director!

My philosophy is that if you're not having fun, change what you're doing. If you're not having fun changing what you're doing, change what you're doing. ;)

Pampered Laura said:
My philosophy is that if you're not having fun, change what you're doing. If you're not having fun changing what you're doing, change what you're doing. ;)

Kind of like "change the people or change the people".

I truly think that is why you are doing so well Laura, you are enthusiastic (you can even tell in your posts) and that enthusiasm is what makes others want to join you.

People can tell your mood from the time you walk in the door, and if you're rushed/frazzled/not enjoying PC they will notice. If it becomes a chore to do a show, you need to take a step back and re-evaluate.

Amy is doing well being new and recruiting, and I think her enthusiasm is helping too...

Rae has great shows that are always classified as "fun" - Why? Because she is having fun!

I truly think there is no big secret or "magic formula" - go out there and enjoy what you are doing. Not all of us will get as far as we expect because there are other factors, but things will happen bit by bit.

Exactamundo! ;)

Laura - just want to say that I look forward to meeting you in person someday! :) You're earning a fan club on here for just being you! Keep up your hard work!

Fan club. LOL
Not until Ann makes special pins for my "fan club" will it be official. ROFL ;) :D

Ok, waiting for KG to post an image of an airplane fan and some golf clubs...LOL! ;)

I need to get to bed so I'll have to look tomorrow for that!

Pampered Laura said:

You said it! I had fun when I didn't worry about recruiting, so I'm going back to that. I think I let myself get caught up in the excitement of the dream patrol, etc., & want to be a part of it. My time will come!!!!:D

Yes it will. In the meantime it is my life goal to have Jean and Jo show up at my Director's house with flowers for MOI. And then I'm going to confiscate the camera guy's camera so that I don't get my mug flashed all over the web :eek:
LOL :D

Pampered Laura said:
Yes it will. In the meantime it is my life goal to have Jean and Jo show up at my Director's house with flowers for MOI. And then I'm going to confiscate the camera guy's camera so that I don't get my mug flashed all over the web :eek:
LOL :D

I can't wait to hear that you hit top recruiting! You obviously work your business & deserve the praise!

Pampered Laura said:
Fan club. LOL
Not until Ann makes special pins for my "fan club" will it be official. ROFL ;) :D
Thinking.....

:D

Pampered Laura said:
Okay, about “casual recruiting”! :D Its just a nickname I gave it because I am just super casual. Recruiting doesn’t have to be a “shpiel” that we give, a bunch of witty one-liners, well-timed gimmicks, or a big production.

First thing to note is: You can’t fake it. You have to truly believe that what you have is worth offering. Someone shared The Pampered Chef with you. What has it offered you? What have you gained from your business? Not just money… how about self esteem? Freedom? Friendships? Confidence? Or, if you’re a brand new consultant – think about what The Pampered Chef CAN offer you. Imagine, you have the ability to offer something to someone that can make a dramatic difference in their life. That is incredibly rewarding, and really… it’s almost selfish to NOT share the opportunity with everyone that you can. No one is going to run up to you and say “change my life with what you have!”. It’s up to us to offer it to them, and have them say “yes… that’s exactly what I have been looking for”.

A casual approach takes the pressure off everyone. I use this approach when I’m talking with hosts, anyone that tosses up a red flag, and even during shows.

At the end of my shows, I will actually sit down with the guests and “casually recruit” them.

I let them know that I’ve enjoyed visiting with them, and I thank the hostess for being so hospitable and thank the guests for being so welcoming. I try to recap some of the show highlights: (“Wasn’t that 10 minute BBQ pork tenderloin easy? I couldn’t believe how tender and delicious it was the first time I made it – it’s now a staple in my house!”) I go ahead and tell them that I’m pretty casual and that I want to be totally honest with them about something… I tell them that I absolutely adore The Pampered Chef and truly love what I do. I let them know that I have a ridiculous amount of fun at my “job”, and I love training new consultants to have fun while embarking on either a really great hobby or a fantastic career. I tell them that I know many of them came to the show looking for kitchen tools to enhance their life – but “what I don’t know is how many of you are sitting there fretting over that VISA bill. Or if you need a new car. Or if it’s been way too long since your last vacation. Or if an extra $15,000 a year would make whatever situation you’re in, better. Or if you’d just really love to make a few new friends and have a fun career doing something that you really love. I’m here to offer what I have, to you. It’s fun and very easy to get started as a consultant with The Pampered Chef, and I encourage you to give it a try!”

Hope that helps ;)

Laura,

Thank you for your words! I used them at my show tonight. I usually generate no recruit leads but tonight using your words, I handed out 3 recruit packages and have follow up phone call dates in place.

THANK YOU!!

Kristi

I used the "technique" today at my show too. I have one very strong recruit lead! I'm so excited! I have another show tomorrow and can't wait to try it again. Thanks Laura!!!

Sarah and Kristi~

Thanks for sharing your results... I think I need to practice this before me next show!

GourmetGirl said:
Sarah and Kristi~

Thanks for sharing your results... I think I need to practice this before me next show!
Alison, I did practice so it wasnt cold. But i kept looking at my notes in my lap. No one seemed to mind.
Good Luck to you,
Kristi

That is awesome ladies, congratulations!! :D :D

MomToEli said:
Pick the day ... any day but Monday. I have to catch a bus to the HO at 6:30.

Do normal people really get up at 6:30 am?!? I am very spoiled :rolleyes:

No, normal people do not get up at 6:30. Small children and old people do on purpose, but normal people sleep until noon and lounge in bed for a few ore hours reading a trashy book.

But plenty of abnormal people do. I will be on that bus to HO tour on Monday as well.

Robin

You know, I keep wondering why I keep chickening out on trying great new ideas like this. I had a show last week & was all ready to do it & chickened out. I've been doing PC 2 years & have no real recruits (one kitnapper, but she called me interested in joining, so I don't count her). My sales & bookings are great--just not recruiting. Maybe I'm afraid I can't do it??? Or maybe I'm afraid I can & will succeed & it will be too much???? Does anyone else ever feel this way???

You know, I have 3 shows the week after conference & a show the week after that. I'm wondering if I should ask my recruiter (who is also a great friend of mine) to come to one or two of those shows if she can. That would MAKE me have to say it b/c she's there! Hmmm.....think I'll give her a call about that. I see how wonderfully Laura is doing with recruiting & how her words have helped for so many of you. I want that too! Maybe with Laura's words & confidence from conference & my friend waiting for me to say it, I'll be able to!

So Laura... curious minds want to know... how many people total did you recruit in June? Are we going to see you with the Dream Patrol? :D

Just 5... the other 3 are waiting until around the 15th of July :rolleyes:

Laura, I have seen your name around somehwhere. I am glad this thread got bumped to the top again since I missed it the first time. I need to go back and really look at your technique some more.

I keep trying to keep up recruiting and have to say the beginning of 2005 I felt like I was trying to hard to recruit and decided to back off or not focus so much that my show schedule suffered. I am now trying to keep the schedule while working on recruiting.

I am now trying to get the close to happen. I have worked with several people who express what I think is genuine interest in becoming a consultant but they keep waiting for various reasons. I just don't seem to get the close. They all seem to be reasonable reasons and I would rather have someone sign up when they want to than not really start off strong. In May I thought this is awesome I am going to have 2 and also 2 coming in June and when I saw the challenge I thought this is way cool. Well, I have yet to sign one. I had a show on June 23rd and she closed her show yesterday. She did take the kit credit and said she will sign up on the 13th of July.

How do you follow up with those people who have previously expressed an interest? I know I can do this and need to do the follow up better. I like the advice you gave to Sandra and keep saying to myself I NEED to actually write down my goals and hopefully that will help. I guess that is goal for the next couple weeks while I am on vacation and at conference.

I hope to meet you at NC.
Kim

<h2>1. How do you balance your work and personal life as a Pampered Chef consultant?</h2><p>Balancing work and personal life can be challenging, but I make sure to prioritize and schedule my time effectively. I also have a supportive team and family who help me out when needed.</p><h2>2. How do you handle difficult customers or hostesses?</h2><p>I always make sure to listen to their concerns and address them in a calm and professional manner. I also try to find a solution that satisfies both parties and maintain a positive attitude throughout the process.</p><h2>3. How do you generate leads and find new customers?</h2><p>I utilize social media, word of mouth, and attend local events to connect with potential customers. I also offer incentives for referrals and follow up with previous customers to stay in touch and see if they are interested in hosting a party or becoming a consultant.</p><h2>4. What is the best part of being a Pampered Chef consultant?</h2><p>The best part is definitely the flexibility and the opportunity to meet new people and make connections. I also love being able to share my passion for cooking and helping others create delicious meals.</p><h2>5. How do you stay motivated and successful in your business?</h2><p>I stay motivated by setting goals and continuously challenging myself to improve. I also attend trainings and conferences to learn new skills and techniques. Having a positive attitude and a strong support system also helps me stay successful in my business.</p>

Related to aDay in the Life of Laura... Lol!

1. How do you balance your work and personal life as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Balancing work and personal life can be challenging, but I make sure to prioritize and schedule my time effectively. I also have a supportive team and family who help me out when needed.

2. How do you handle difficult customers or hostesses?

I always make sure to listen to their concerns and address them in a calm and professional manner. I also try to find a solution that satisfies both parties and maintain a positive attitude throughout the process.

3. How do you generate leads and find new customers?

I utilize social media, word of mouth, and attend local events to connect with potential customers. I also offer incentives for referrals and follow up with previous customers to stay in touch and see if they are interested in hosting a party or becoming a consultant.

4. What is the best part of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

The best part is definitely the flexibility and the opportunity to meet new people and make connections. I also love being able to share my passion for cooking and helping others create delicious meals.

5. How do you stay motivated and successful in your business?

I stay motivated by setting goals and continuously challenging myself to improve. I also attend trainings and conferences to learn new skills and techniques. Having a positive attitude and a strong support system also helps me stay successful in my business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies