• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon

In summary, My friends' aunt and cousin were involved in a tragic accident a few days ago. His aunt is recovering but will be in the hospital for many weeks to heal completely. His cousin, however, never regained consciousness. Ashley was taken off life support last night and passed away. She was only 18, had just graduated from high school and was beginning the next phase of her life. She gave the ulitmate gift of life by donating 8 of her organs.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
My friends.....

Please say a prayer....

My DH's aunt and cousin were involved in a tragic accident a few days ago. His aunt is recovering but will be in the hospital for many weeks to heal completely. His cousin, however, never regained consciousness. Ashley was taken off life support last night and passed away. She was only 18, had just graduated from high school and was beginning the next phase of her life. She gave the ulitmate gift of life by donating 8 of her organs.

My heart is breaking for the little girl who was SO excited to be the designated bubble blower at my weddingg. She wore a pink dress and my mom made her a "special" flower arrangement to wear in her hair.

Thank you.....

Erin, I just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Erin~

My heart goes out to you and your family. May God give you His peace.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Oh Erin...I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!:(

That is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Erin,

I am so sorry. I am praying for your family that you may find peace and comfort. How wonderful that Ashley gave continued gift of life to up to 8 people!

I am so sorry for your loss Erin. It is such a wonderful gift that she has given to so many people. I hope that her mother's recovery goes well & is speedy.

Oh... in your sadness... 8 families celebrate ...such a wide canyon of emotions for each of you. YOU and your family will be lifted before God's throne as you grieve this huge loss!

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers. I also pray for a full and quick recovery for your aunt.

Erin,

I'm so sorry for your loss - may you find comfort in this difficult time. Praying for the quick recovery of your aunt as well.

I send many hugs and prayers to you and your family. I know this is a very difficult time for you, and I wish had words or actions that could make this easier for all of you.
Remember she is continuing to live in others as she has changed the lives of 8 families. What a wonderful gift of life she was able to give. Celebrate her beautiful life, and please know that heaven must be a brighter a place with her there.

I am so, so sorry.
tacklehug.gif

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I am so sorry - I am so glad the family decided to donate organs so others do not lose their loved ones. My htoughts and prayer are with you, your hubby and all the family at this sad time.

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and continued prayers. I am finding peace in the fact that Ashley continues to spread her love and joy with the world.

Erin,
saying a prayer for you and a special one for her parents. Does she have siblings?
May you find comfort by remembering her during this difficult time.
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
Erin,
saying a prayer for you and a special one for her parents. Does she have siblings?
May you find comfort by remembering her during this difficult time.
Teresa

She does.. two brothers and a sister.

Thank you for your prayers...

Erin, I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Erin, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

The bright side of the situation, is that 8 people will be receiving a second chance at life through the organ donation. What a wonderful gift!

I also pray for a fast recovery for your aunt-in-law.

{{{{ hugs }}}}

Sending you hugs and prayers. So sorry to hear of your loss. Hold on to those happy memories of your "designated bubble blower". Focus on the happy times and give thanks that she was able to bless 8 others with the gift of life. Let that be her legacy.

I'll also be sending prayers up for your family to know God's peace as they deal with this tragedy.

so so sad. my thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

This is so heartbreaking to hear. I'm so sorry about your family's loss and I hope your DH's aunt recovers quickly from her injuries. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you at this difficult time. It is wonderful that she was able to help so many people with the ultimate gift. (((HUGS)))

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

The lives she touched are forever changed. It isn't just the eight organ receipents, but the ripple effect that has for generations in their families. I worked as a transplant case manager at an insurance company and
believe me, each of these gifts touch many more lives than just those needing the organs. Please try to find comfort in knowing this.

My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time. My father was a receiver of a liver transplant several years back, so I personally appreciate the great gift Ashley has given, she is one special person who will always be remembered in many ways, she still lives in yours and the new gifted families hearts forever. My family thanks my dad's gift that we all received, which extended his life for many years- he passed away in 2004 in an unrelated illness. May she rest in peace. . . . Sincere sympathies to you and your family.

WOW, what a sad story. You know God has everything under control. I will definitely keep this family in my prayers. And I will include you Erin as well. I know that has to be hard. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am so sorry Erin.

Erin, my heart aches for all of you right now. Your husband's aunt is in my prayers along with Ashley. She will have physical and emotional hurdles to endure. Ashley was too young to be taken so tragically. I too had a cousin at 18 killed in a car accident and the pain will never fade for her parents. Time will just change it. We have a close friend who has an unusual disease and has just received a heart transplant. Ashley's gifts are as precious as she is. Many hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Again thank you all. Your kind words and unending prayers bring so much comfort.......

What is "Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon"?

"Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef in honor of Ashley, a former consultant who passed away from cancer. It features her favorite recipes, stories, and memories from her friends and family.

How can I purchase "Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon"?

You can purchase "Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon" through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. All proceeds from the cookbook will be donated to a charity chosen by Ashley's family.

What types of recipes are included in "Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes ranging from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and drinks. All of the recipes were hand-picked by Ashley and are her personal favorites.

Can I make substitutions or modifications to the recipes in "Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon"?

Yes, feel free to make substitutions or modifications to the recipes in the cookbook to suit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. The most important thing is to remember Ashley's spirit and love for cooking while making the recipes.

How will the proceeds from "Remembering Ashley: A Life Taken Too Soon" be used?

All proceeds from the cookbook will be donated to a charity chosen by Ashley's family. This is a way for her memory to live on and make a positive impact in the world.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cwinter474
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef