• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Absolutely Favorite Dcb Recipe to Demo?

In summary, after discussing their favorite recipes to demo with the Deep Covered Baker, it seems that the top choices are the Chicken Fajitas and the Chicken Penne al Fresco. Other popular options include the 30 Minute Chicken, pork tenderloin, and Mexican Chicken Lasagna. Some consultants also mentioned using the baker for desserts, such as the 12 minute cake, and for non-microwavable hostesses, bringing their own microwave. The group also shared tips for using the baker, such as pre-cooking chicken at home and using it for a variety of recipes.
kcjodih
Gold Member
After asking what others were making in May, it seems like the DCB recipes are da bomb! So I now want to ask.....what's YOUR favorite to demo?

Also, what are the micro measurement requirements? 17 x 17 x 8? or something like that?

My favorites, although I love them all, are the Chicken fajitas and Chicken Penne al Fresco (at a show I have the hostess get a rotissere chicken and I debone it prior to the start).

I have to agree wiht mscharf. The Chicken Fajitas and the Chicken Penne al Fresco are both popular and delicious. Sell DCBs every time I demo either.

I am wanting to try one of the desserts in it. Has anyone done that?

~Kel

Chicken Fajitas hands down. I have been doing that one since Jan and decided this month to change it, but I'm still using the baker. My sales are down, and I am contributing that to the lack of fajitas, so I"m going back to it in June!

I love the Fajita's, of course...but my all time favorite has to still be the 30 Minute Chicken.

It's quick, easy, inexpensive, and no one can ever believe you can roast a whole chicken in the Micro, and have it be that good!

30 minute chicken for me too! I was afraid to try it for so long but finally did! I am completely convinced! The chicken is always so very moist and juicy! Also love the pork tenderloin, I have never been successful at cooking one in the oven but after doing it in the micro, I am sold.

Fajitas... Hands Down!

Of course I have only done the 30 min chicken once and it felt clumsy to me. I do want to try it some more though.

I'm an addict....couldn't go a day without my DCB:love:

My favorites are Chicken Fajitas and pork tenderloin for med to small groups, Mexican Chicken Lasagna for larger crowds. I haven't tried the penne....have heard mixed results so I don't leave it to chance at a show. During the show, I go on and on and on about all the recipes you can make.....kind of like Forrest Gump's best friend with Shrimp.

6-8m chicken breasts (plug in lime and jerk rub), 12m tenderloin, 12m fajitas, 20 m meatloaf, 20 m ribs, 30m chicken, etc.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to bake the 12min cake in the dcb (i've been selling the dcb when i use it), but the last 2 shows the host's micro was too small! are you guys calling and getting micro measurements or are you carrying a micro to all your shows? :)

Oh and I love the Chicken Penne!

The fajitas for sure! I did them for MONTHS last summer and fall and guess what I'm going back to for June??? Fajitas and Margaritas in June!

Whats the meatloaf recipe?

It's not a PC recipe. I use my normal meatloaf recipe....prepare it in the DCB, so one less dish to wash. Pop it in the micro, and it's done in about 20-22m...depending on how much ground beef and micro power you use.

Last edited:
Love the Penne!! Does anyone have a good recipe for the oven with the DCB? I wasnt sure I could convert that one easily. I was thinking of making the pasta seperate and just making the chicken in the oven for that one. I have a hostess who doesn't have a microwave (seriously??) but I dont want to give up the potential sales. Was thinking of taking my own---is that ridiculous?

Chicken tortialla casserole (my way!) and the Mexican Chicken Lasagna.

diradt said:
Love the Penne!! Does anyone have a good recipe for the oven with the DCB? I wasnt sure I could convert that one easily. I was thinking of making the pasta seperate and just making the chicken in the oven for that one. I have a hostess who doesn't have a microwave (seriously??) but I dont want to give up the potential sales. Was thinking of taking my own---is that ridiculous?

Sometimes I make the chicken at home ( $1.88/lb at Walmart) and then use it to make a ring or braid. They've loved it.

I am all about quick and have been doing the smokey bbq chicken sandwiches for May and will continue through the summer. It's a quick demo, people are all about the time and it allows me a ton of opportunities to talk and show other products, and it is yummy.

I have been doing the baker bundle, a la Michael Reeves, and have sold more in May than I had sold all year. That's $99 a pop, gotta love that.

Chicken Tortilla Casserole is my all time favorite. I have become a new fan of the fajitas. Just tried them this month and guests love it.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
During the show, I go on and on and on about all the recipes you can make.....kind of like Forrest Gump's best friend with Shrimp.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I heart the Mexican Lasagne but am not sure that that would be my demo pick. We are trying the fajitas this week but until then, the 30 min chicken is impressive

I have a show tomorrow night - and once again, the host has chosen the 30 Minute Chicken. It's funny, because she has been to two shows recently where I did the chicken, and so I gave her the option of 3 other DCB meals...and she still wanted the 30 Min. Chicken! The show she booked from had 4 bookings - and all of them booked at least partially because of the DCB!:thumbup:

Becky, have you ever done the thing where you use Stove Top w/ the juices after you take out the chicken? Just wondering if it's any good.

babywings76 said:
Becky, have you ever done the thing where you use Stove Top w/ the juices after you take out the chicken? Just wondering if it's any good.
No - although I think it sounds good, and I should try it at home. DS loves Stove Top Stuffing, and I make the 30 Min Chicken for us a couple times a month!I almost always am doing Garlic Biscuit Bites w/ them, and lately I've been doing the bread w/ oils...so I've never had a chance to do a different kind of bread.Tomorrow I am doing the Chicken w/ biscuit bites, and Strawberry Spinach Salad. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's so much fun to show people a whole meal in 30 minutes, and I want to show off the UM for July. (onion and cuke for the salad)

I felt the same way about doing a demo of the Penne, so I decided to test drive the recipe at home first. I tweeked it when I made it: I used the whole box of Penne, 2 cans of Chicken broth, and left the cheese out of the cooking phase (I grated it over the pasta on the guests' plates). The extra pasta absorbs the extra liquid. It turned out delicious!

My director demoed it at a cluster meeting and followed the recipe. It was way too liquidy and I didn't like the way the cheese turned out in it.

I love the DCB recipes and have been doing the chicken fajitas. Only problem - my host's microwave are never large enough. I find I am always taking my microwave to shows and get the weirdest looks when I take it home with me from the guests ( is the PC lady stealing my friends microwave?)

Andrea

ChefBeckyD...Which DCB recipes do you offer your hosts? If Fajitas is one of them, could you post your recipe/how you demo it? Someone passed me a DCB Fajita recipe a while back and I tried it out of my family first to see and they DID NOT like it, so I decided to pass on that one?!?! I'm curious though, as I really want to start using my DCB more at my shows...

I'm also interested in how you demo the fajitas along with the recipe too!

I also like to demo the Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles from the new 29 min to dinner cookbook. Saw it done at a cluster meeting and it's so easy. I do the chicken right in the baker and slice an extra piece to pass around so they can see how delicious the chicken is right out of the microwave!

Don't know if this is what you've tried - but this is how I've been doing the fajitas for about 2 years now....

Attachments

• Chicken Fajitas.doc
    17 KB · Views: 429
Thanks so much for posting that! It is definitely different than the recipe I tried before. I will try again on the fam and take it from there. I appreciate you being so helpful, and providing such a detailed layout! :)

Off I go to try and get motivated to finish filling my June schedule for Sell A Thon! :) My goal is 10 cooking classes and 5 catalog shows!!!:thumbup:

1. What is the "Absolutely Favorite Dcb Recipe to Demo"?

The "Absolutely Favorite Dcb Recipe to Demo" is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for demonstrating the capabilities of our Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef.

2. What ingredients are needed for the "Absolutely Favorite Dcb Recipe to Demo"?

The ingredients for this recipe include boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced tomatoes, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and some seasonings. You can find the full recipe and ingredient list in our DCB recipe book.

3. How long does it take to make the "Absolutely Favorite Dcb Recipe to Demo"?

The total time for this recipe is about 30 minutes. This includes preparation time and cooking time in the DCB. It's a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights.

4. Can I use a different protein besides chicken in the "Absolutely Favorite Dcb Recipe to Demo"?

Yes, absolutely! While this recipe is specifically designed for chicken, you can easily substitute with other proteins such as pork, beef, or even tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for the different protein.

5. Can I use the DCB for other recipes besides the "Absolutely Favorite Dcb Recipe to Demo"?

Yes, the DCB is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of recipes. It is perfect for roasting meats, baking casseroles, and even making desserts. You can find more recipe ideas and inspiration in our DCB recipe book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies