• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest

In summary, the conversation revolves around the frustration and struggles of running a Pampered Chef business. The person is feeling discouraged and unsure of what to do as they are not making enough sales or bookings. They are considering quitting the business but others are encouraging them to take a leave and focus on their personal life before returning to the business. Others share their own struggles and offer advice and encouragement to keep going.
tazzygurl611
I just dunno what to do. I hardly have time with college graduation coming up.... bookings aren't happening...sales aren't happening. i just had a show this weekend and only got $200 in sales... no bookings. I dunno what to do. My first show was fantastic-- $400, second show $400 and a booking in JULY. This last show is my only show for April -- also my SS3 month and I am not even going to make it to the required $1250 in sales. My fiance is telling me to quit b/c i am spending more than making.

I knew that starting a business was hard but is it supposed to be this hard. I've tried the scene at my small college and most ppl don't have time, money or are even interested in cooking. My family is pampered chef out and my open house didn't bring anyone from the neighborhood-- only 4 people showed. Grrr and the amount of money I spent on food, drinks, etc... :mad:

I'm out of options. I don't know where I will get the 250 I need to fulfil my contract by April 30... any suggestion fellow PC consultants. I've read the list on here. I've talked to everyone from my dr. office to grocery and walmart ladies... i dunno where to go from here. :confused:

You have one year to qualify, not three months.

Tazzy girl--don't freak out!! This is your business. Enjoy graduation. The only thing I would work on is finding an additional $50 by the end of the month. Relax.

What do you plan on doing after graduation? Do you have a job lined up already? This is my opinion...ask for a (I don't remember what it's called) brief leave. You are going to have finals coming up and then interviews if you haven't started that already. Don't stop working on PC, but use your leave to get things in line. Asking for the leave will allow you to keep your career sales and any other accomplishments you've attained, but you will not be expected to submit orders for a time.

Use your leave to branch out to other neighborhoods. Find the bookings for July, August and September.

You can do it. It is not easy when you have someone encouraging you to quit, but if you are serious about PC do not allow them to discourage you.

Do you have a recruiter/director you can talk to that may be able to help you out? Stay on this site b/c there are lots of ideas posted, surf around and you will see, hopefully one will spark some ideas for you!! Keep your head up!! God works in mysterious ways!!:D

I thought I was done with PC too!! when I went inactive I thought my career was over. I know how it feels not to have any bookings. the only one I have for april is my own. I have a girl that wants to do a show but not until her house that she is buying goes through and they get moved in which could take forever!! but somewhere along the way that fire started burning again. I had to want to do it for myself and not for anyone else!! you can do it!!

I agree about taking a leave, things have been slow for me too. I am finding it hard. I decided to sell PC because I did not/can not work during the day. My son is in school full time but I don't want to put him in the after school program and I don't have anyone to watch him for me. But I need to make money to help support my family. PC has been great I did wonderful my first few months then come December I had NO bookings. Since then things have been slow, I am trying to keep things going. But sales have not been what I have hoped. My husband has not been telling to to quit but he would be happier if I had more bookings.

Take the leave and get your life in order, you should be excited about graduation not stressed out about PC. Once you have that behind you then you can give PC your full attention. Good luck.

I feel the same way. I'm doing all I can but nothing seems to be happening. Discouraged yes, definately! I haven't even had one show yet. I'm not giving up but man this is tough! I just wish I could get someone to give me a chance to do a show. I'm confident that I could get some bookings once I have a show. Please hang in there, it's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling!

one thing about this business is it comes in waves!! things are just warming up but on the down side with warm weather comes storms!! i think it will pick up stronger when the weather makes up its mind if it wants to be cold or hot!! so many picnics, outside events, and such people will want/need our products!

Don't give up. When I started I only did about 1 show a month, and I struggled with that. When you have the time you can start working your business more and get it to where you want it. Have you thought of looking into Vendor Fairs. Maybe you could find some cheap ones.

That is the great thing about this business....you can work as little or as much as you want!!!

Can I offer a word of advice? Pick up the phone--EVERYONE! Call everyone you know, call past hosts, call past customers, call any lead you have, just call them!

I made a commitment to making calls this year and my business is blossoming like you wouldn't believe. I already have 5 bookings for May and 3 at the beginning of June. I had an awesome February and March because I called people who showed an interest. My two biggest shows to date were for people I had NEVER met until I rang their doorbell the day of their show! They had both placed outside orders and I called them to thank them and ask them to book and they DID!

I am not saying this to toot my own horn, I am saying it because I know it works!! Your next show is just a phone call away!

leave ??I didn't even know you could take a leave... wow! How would I go about doing that.... at least until June. I thought I had to sell $1250 in products or submitt 4 shows by the end of my first 3 months. Did I misunderstand my contract? It seems so bad for me to take a leave. I signed up at Christmas before my professor made me switch majors and take on two semesters in one to graduate (another total huge issue in my life-- I am fighting to get my original degree as a social worker and the one I am completing now to graduate as a sociologist). My first SS month was February and I did okay. March was okay with my first Cooking Show and then April shows up and I had nothing except my lousy open house.

As I suggested I have a lot going on in my student life and I am planning an August wedding. I don't want to give up but I am exhausted trying to fit everything in and hold onto my business. My fiance was intially interested in the business until I started school and realized I wouldn't be able to but my all into it.

Plus I have soo much going on (not to say that everyone else doesnt') but my director just doesn't seem to understand that I can't make cluster meetings or be at home every tuesday at 8 for a phonecall. I think she may have given up for me, except for email contact that she sends to everyone. My recruiter understands and told me PC is flexible to my schedule.

I am grateful to have support from everyone and to know that I amnot the only one. I believe in PC products and know that I CAN DO GREAT.... if I had the time. I truly wish that my family and fiance are backing me-- but they aren't :( I am grateful to sites like this and groups at Yahoo and MSN for feedback and ideas.

I was looking on this site at the realtor ideas and am interested however there are alot of PC consultants in my area and I don't want to step on toes if someone already has a realtor as their customer. How do I go about not stepping on other consultant's toes?

Also, I just got the website and it won't let me place individual orders or do a Registry... I cheated and tried to do a wedding registry for myself :p Dunno why I can't use the site that I payed money for....
check it out : www.pamperedchef.biz/jthomas

I know I can get bookings when I start working--- once I get a full time job. This is part time work for me on the weekends/ evenings. Once I start meeting new people - i can do it. Just not this month-- or next....

So, in the end... How do I do this leave and what about the contract -- $1250 in sales by the end of SS3 or have 4 shows.... i don't want PC to think I signed and took the kit b/c that is not what I am doing... im just having a bad spot of business :confused:

college lifeI used to work on a college campus for over 16 years, before I had children. College students are great and always looking for ways to make things to eat in there dorm rooms or apartments. Try to promote your business to these students staying around for summer courses. The website is great for this because most have email and you could make up a flyer to send to them about all the great items pampered chef has and they could in turn forward it to there parents ($$) and have them order it thru your website as a Summer Welcome package of sorts. Go to the file section and type in Dorm Survival and the ideas will come up. Hope this might help not only jump start your website but also get you qualified. You might want to leave flyers in the college housing office if they will allow you too. If this is an off campus housing only campus leave them in admissions office. Hope this helps!

Put yourself on the Wedding RegistryI know the feeling, I'm new too and off to a slow start....and I agree with above strongly about the phone calls....I am soooo shy about calls....and my other profession is too based on Cold Calling and door knocking and getting it on my own....:eek:

God KNOWS I am NOT a shy person typically, but calling people, well we feel like we are disrupting their lives, you know how it feels to get a call you didn't ask for? Well, I'm getting over that....with enthusiasm and always a smile on your face, believe it or not, people can TELL if your smiling or not through the phone always remember that, people tend to be more receptive....keep it short and sweet....but YES make your calls....

Today I am calling past guests and hosts too to build up my bookings for the Spring (if we have one) and the summer.....

You have such a busy schedule....but when you are ready, MAKE those calls, let them know you took a break to finish your studies and plan a wedding, they'll love to hear about a young person forging their lifes path....

Much luck Tazz....DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!

If your worried about stepping on toes remember we have no territories! When you contact a realtor just ask if they are already working with another consultant.

Hi, I know the feeling. This is my 2nd month & it can get really slow but it's true, your next show is a phone call away. You can do catalog shows with family & friends that do not live in your area too. They count. To qualify you only need 4 shows. To get the BONUS u need $1250. When you qualify you get the button for the registry. Since your getting married you should definately register. And as Tina said, call realtors and ask if they are working with someone. If notm then you dont have to worry about it. There's enough business out there for all of us!

Shari
WAVE 2

I'm a SS too...still in my first month. I've had one show so far and it was pretty skimpy. I've got a catalog show going on that has reached right at $200 so far and will close on Thursday. I do have several more shows booked but I'm having a hard time getting more. So, I came up with an idea that I hope will succeed and will help anyone else out too.
For all those who tell me no, I will go one step farther and let them know that my business is based on referrals. If they can refer me to someone and that person books and holds a show, they will recieve the benefits of a co-host for that show...i.e. up to 30% off and no shipping charge on their order.

I wonder if anyone has already tried this and if it worked for their business.

LOL....we do that as realtors....
reesefamily5 said:
If your worried about stepping on toes remember we have no territories! When you contact a realtor just ask if they are already working with another consultant.

If we do an open house (as realtors), we sure do ask "are you working with another realtor"....so that is a GREAT idea to reverse it "are you working with another PC Consultant....":D

barbchan said:
If they can refer me to someone and that person books and holds a show, they will recieve the benefits of a co-host for that show...i.e. up to 30% off and no shipping charge on their order.
That's a GREAT idea!! I think that will really encourage people to check to see if others will host shows. Maybe then say you'll give them a few days to get some names for you and you'll give them a call back for them. Good thinking!:D

I have recieved many "No"s -- I never thought to ask for referrals... what a great idea.

I was actually thinking about going to open houses in my area and talking to realtors there... or (using an idea off of this site) sending a letter to different realtors... but finding the time to do follow up calls is difficult.

I don't mind talking on the phone-- I am female after all but I never know what to do when someone is busy. I always ask and then if the are busy, ask to call back.

Ive had a few "bad" follow up calls with customers who hadn't even recieved their products from hosts -- who received about two weeks prior. So instead of calls to see how the products are and if they need reciepes-- I send out a postcard -- but that can get expensive after a while.

I actually had planned to use PC to get customers for my other "hobby" -- soap and candle making.... but if I can't get PC to work, it disheartens me to see how I am selling my own products.

Yes-- I am an overachiever and take on alot-- as can be seen by my busy schedule.

But on the plus I got an order today from a friend at school and an order from her mom :) I am gonna see if she wants to do a show-- shes just as busy but hopefully she will! Small steps , right?

Thanks for the tips... you guys make this site fantastic!

tazzygurl611 said:
I have recieved many "No"s -- I never thought to ask for referrals... what a great idea.

I was actually thinking about going to open houses in my area and talking to realtors there... or (using an idea off of this site) sending a letter to different realtors... but finding the time to do follow up calls is difficult.

I don't mind talking on the phone-- I am female after all but I never know what to do when someone is busy. I always ask and then if the are busy, ask to call back.

Ive had a few "bad" follow up calls with customers who hadn't even recieved their products from hosts -- who received about two weeks prior. So instead of calls to see how the products are and if they need reciepes-- I send out a postcard -- but that can get expensive after a while.

I actually had planned to use PC to get customers for my other "hobby" -- soap and candle making.... but if I can't get PC to work, it disheartens me to see how I am selling my own products.

Yes-- I am an overachiever and take on alot-- as can be seen by my busy schedule.

But on the plus I got an order today from a friend at school and an order from her mom :) I am gonna see if she wants to do a show-- shes just as busy but hopefully she will! Small steps , right?

Thanks for the tips... you guys make this site fantastic!

what do you do with relators? thank you:)

1. What is "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest" about?

"About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest" is a collection of personal essays written by various authors about their experiences with overcoming challenges and finding the strength to keep going.

2. Who are the authors of the essays in "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest"?

The essays in "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest" are written by a diverse group of individuals, including professional writers, bloggers, and everyday people who have a story to share.

3. How many essays are included in "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest"?

There are a total of 15 essays in "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest". Each essay is unique and offers a different perspective on overcoming challenges and finding motivation.

4. Can I read a sample of one of the essays in "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest" before purchasing?

Yes, a sample essay is available on the product page for "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest". You can also read reviews and ratings from other readers to get an idea of the book's content and quality.

5. Is "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest" available in any other formats besides paperback?

Yes, "About to Give Up-- Gotta Get It off My Chest" is also available in ebook format. You can purchase it from various online retailers or through the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blarrabee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • RMR1984
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies