• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Really Need Help! I've Been so Excited

In summary, the author is having difficulties getting shows in their first 30 or 90 days. They suggest talking to everyone you know, and working your list of 100. They also suggest sharing your goals with people.
xxmandie1xx
I really need help! I've been so excited about starting pampered chef...and so far i've only held one show and it was a DUD!! only $190 in sales...and now it seems like all my other shows have fallen through and my first 30 days will be up on march 5th..i dunno if i should keep trying...i really want this to work out for me though. I have a catalog order out right now and not sure how it will turn out...and i dont have another show untill march 1st & 3rd. i guess im just kinda bummed right now. does anyone have any suggestions on getting more shows b4 march?

Have you worked you list of 100? If not, get on the phone and share some of your excitement with EVERYONE you know! You may just pick up some more orders and be able to submit another catalog show next week.

Host your own show! GRAND OPENING!! :sing:

Ask/tell the hosts of the two shows you have in March to close the night of the show. Coach them to get any outside orders before the night of the show. Tell them you have a goal to get four shows turned in before your 30 days are over.
Did you ask each guest if they would be interested in having a show? Do you have a list of 100? Call and explain in an excited manner that the special is two 60% off items with a show in February. Get them pumped to start calling people they know for orders. Don't forget about the free gift with $60 purchase.
Don't get down. You can do this. Even if your first 30 days is not the way you wanted it to be, you can still have a great 90 days. Don't give up!

If you don't have a ton of shows in your first 30 or 90 days - don't worry about it. I know everyone says it is easier if you start with a lot of shows - but sometimes it is not that easy.

When I started - my "circle" was completely tired of Pampered Chef. So it was really difficult to get a lot of shows right away. Well, I ended up with 4 shows in the first 90 days - which wasn't as many as I wanted - but it was a start.

I had a really slow December and January only had 1 show, but my schedule is building now!

It is not the end of the world if you don't qualify in your first 30 days. Certainly do not give up.

This board has a lot of people with really great ideas on how to get bookings and go outside your "circle".

Good Luck!

Sometimes things just don't work and the above advice is great. Keep calling and try for catalog shows for Feb. 2 weeks is plenty of time to pass a catalog and just tell them to do that. Even $150 shows can really add up. Have friends/family out of town? Get them to pass a catalog at work.

Definitely share your goals with people. Many love to help. Also, don't get discouraged if friends and family don't do as much as you'd like/expect. They are not where your main business will come from...eventually.

Do you have businesses that you frequent? Pamper them by dropping off a recipe that you want to test on them. Drop off a catalog and order forms and tell them if there is anything they'd like to let you know. You could go back in a week to pick up the stone or SA piece and collect orders then. It doesn't always work, but you are in the stage of wanting your name out there.

Good luck and don't give up. It sometimes can take a little time to really take off. Excitement and love for the product will get you through.

aww thanks!! i'll definately have to give ur ideas a try! i think i'm just having a bad day. my problem is that i don't see very many ppl on a daily basis ..and when i do its usually the same old ppl!! it really ticks me off when i have friends thats i always try to help out ...and now when i need help they dont return the favor! oh well ..i'm done ranting now! Thanks alot ...i needed a boost =)

I had the same problems when I started this time last year. I couldn't do my own show because of where I lived, and my family was NO help! I just started talking to everyone I met. I've learned a lot in the last year and I think that slow may not be the rush that I thought I was going to have but my hosts are happy and refer me to others now. Sometimes slow is the way to go! Down worry everything will fall into place for you! :)

I didn't get qualified in my first 30 days... I felt the pressure too but didn't give up. My first show was my own (consultant as host) and barely qualified at $150... my 2nd was a friend and again barely qualified.... I just kept going though and learned to appreciate when they made it to $150. I saw those first few shows really as a learning experience. I had friends who said absolutely to hosting but then things happened as life is wont to do... so I did what I could and qualified well within my 90 days and earned $200 in PC$ and had a lot of great lessons learned and confidence built thanks to each show...Try an open house... I did that too... tell friends and family what your goals are, sometimes that helps them feel compelled to help more so than the benefits they would get as host. Really give it 90 days and give it your all before you think about quitting... otherwise you're quitting before you ever really get started. Good luck!

xxmandie1xx said:
I really need help! I've been so excited about starting pampered chef...and so far i've only held one show and it was a DUD!! only $190 in sales...and now it seems like all my other shows have fallen through and my first 30 days will be up on march 5th..i dunno if i should keep trying...

Don't give up....my first couple shows weren't very high, either and I got NO bookings at a show until my 6th or 7th! I just worked the phone a LOT.

Host a show of your own...those that wouldn't host, may come to a show for you (and once they see how much fun it is they may want to host after all).

After my slow start, I'm going strong (even after a move and knowing no one at my new place)...You can do this!!!

All businesses have their ups and downs. Don't let one bad month get you down. January was my lowest month since last May but someone in my cluster told me that if my sales were over $1000, I should feel good about it. I think it's just a rough time of the year. I've had 3 shows close this month already and they are barely over $800 together! Keep up the great work and keep your head high.

I also had a slow beginning. On my first show in Sept '06, the host didn't actually want to invite anyone so I came up with the list and 3 people showed up. I did get one booking. Luckily I had a coulple of outside orders and I did what my Mom called the "practice show" and requested that her two friends NOT order! They did however. All in all, it was about $300. I then lined up 4 shows for October and was really excited. Every one of them shifted dates and I ended up with 2 in late October and two in Novemer. One of mine in Oct. called the day before and said no one was coming, couldn't we "bag it" 'til the spring. I said no because I needed to qualify before then! We ended up with three people, a booking, and a couple of outside orders. Hers was the qualifiying show! She ended up with a full set of Forged Cutlery and I was happy. Some qualify in one show, others more. Just keep going! As long as you are having fun it's worth it!

By the way, I still don't go like gang busters. I am more of a hobbyist with this business, but even with all that, I just reached $15,000 in career sales as of yesterday, so it has been worth the effort!
Jessica

Totally agree with the above post, not everyone does this business in the same fashion. Some people qualify in their first show, others qualify in a few months. I had 1 show my first month and 1 show my second month. Followed by two shows each in the third and fourth month. But it did pick up after that. As soon as you get outside of your circle, it will branch out from there. I have a host who wants to do another show in March that just did one in January. Meeting the right people and hosts who are enthusiastic about our products is great!

I don't really have advice, because I'm new too, and just getting started. My first show was only $180...and I was pretty happy with that. There were only 3 guests, and they were all pretty low-income moms, so I didn't expect a lot. But I told them I was just happy to have the practice, and asked if they would recommend me to friends.

I think some people just get a slower start than others. I'm a stay-at-home mom, and at my PC meetings, sometimes I get bummed with the other ladies talking about all the bookings they get from co-workers. But that's okay. If it takes me a little longer to get business rolling, I'm not going to get discouraged.

As an encouragement...just tonight I got a phone call from a mom who is in charge of fundraising for my son's baseball team. She wants to do a fundraising cooking show and a catalog show. I'm hoping to get some bookings from that, and get my name out there.

Hang in there! Don't give up! Give it some time, and stay excited.

Deb

Don't get bummed hearing about other's bookings. Be excited for their acheivments and let it challenge you and encourage you that it's possible. Take everything positive that they are doing and figure out how to do some of the same things. When we start looking at how someone else's ways won't work for us it gets us down. Store those things in the back of your mind for when it is possible and ask what works for people in your own situation. Challenge yourself everyday to do something you don't want to do. Don't expect things from friends and family. Then when they do something great for you, you will be pleasantly surprised. Don't give up.
Eat chocolate! That always makes me feel better.:)

I agree, I am starting out fast, but I don't think that is always the way to go. Or I should say the way it HAS to go. I think if you talk to a lot of the very successful people on this board, more than half probably started out slow. The thing is just to NOT GIVE UP. And you aren't, so your time will come! Just take it day by day. Before you know it, your schedule will book up! Good luck! Hang in there!

xxmandie1xx said:
I really need help! I've been so excited about starting pampered chef...and so far i've only held one show and it was a DUD!! only $190 in sales...and now it seems like all my other shows have fallen through and my first 30 days will be up on march 5th..i dunno if i should keep trying...i really want this to work out for me though. I have a catalog order out right now and not sure how it will turn out...and i dont have another show untill march 1st & 3rd. i guess im just kinda bummed right now. does anyone have any suggestions on getting more shows b4 march?

I am in a simular boat...my 30 days is up Mar 11...I am having a 'Grand Opening' in 1 week...I hope it goes well...you could do the same

xxmandie1xx said:

Patience and determination are two key factors in making your business work. Don't fall out because of not qualifying in 30 days. I didn't qualify in 30 days or 60 days, but it hasn't stopped me. I started my business in October and am just now getting going. Hang in there, it DOES get better and easier.

1. How can I get started with Pampered Chef?

To get started with Pampered Chef, you can either host a cooking show with one of our consultants or join as a consultant yourself. Hosting a show allows you to earn free and discounted products, while becoming a consultant allows you to earn income and discounts on products.

2. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and cookware, including bakeware, cookware, knives, kitchen gadgets, and more. We also offer pantry items and cookbooks to help you create delicious meals.

3. How do I place an order?

You can place an order through a Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website. If you have a consultant, you can contact them directly to place an order. If not, you can find a consultant near you on our website or place an order through our website directly.

4. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef cooking show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef cooking show allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as learn new recipes and cooking techniques. You can also have a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family while earning rewards.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through our website or through a current consultant. You will receive training and support from our team and have the opportunity to earn income and discounts on products while sharing your love for cooking with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TerraOB83
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shelbi
  • tahodgin