• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds

In summary, DH asked me last night if I would like to go tonight! Can you believe he would sit through that cause he loves moi!;)If he's like me - he'll say he has to go to the Mens' room then sneak into The Dark Night.Sounds like a good chick flick. I have to wait until it comes out on DVD. I need the mute button when they start playing ABBA songs. Waterboarding sounds more fun than listening to the sound track.
chefmeg
Gold Member
sooo, who is going to see this??

DH asked me last night if I would like to go tonight! Can you believe he would sit through that cause he loves moi!;)

If he's like me - he'll say he has to go to the Mens' room then sneak into The Dark Night.

Sounds like a good chick flick. I have to wait until it comes out on DVD. I need the mute button when they start playing ABBA songs. Waterboarding sounds more fun than listening to the sound track.:yuck:

Other than that, I think I would like it!! You must give your husband MAJOR brownie points for this one. Is he banking them for something coming up? Is he pondering a major purchase? :D

wow your dh is nice! i will probably treat myself to it, or wait until my other single friend is back in town then see it with her.

i also want to see the dark knight....esp since it was shot right here in chicago

baychef said:
Sounds like a good chick flick. I have to wait until it comes out on DVD. I need the mute button when they start playing ABBA songs. Waterboarding sounds more fun than listening to the sound track.:yuck:

Other than that, I think I would like it!! You must give your husband MAJOR brownie points for this one. Is he banking them for something coming up? Is he pondering a major purchase? :D

Check his cell phone records to see how many calls have been placed to the Harley dealer.

Thanks for the laugh, KG!! Watching a chick flick is torture enough for a man, but ABBA???:yuck: GAK!! Did I give anyone the impression that they are not my favorite group? I think I would rather hear fingernails on a chalkboard!

I didn't know there was a difference between the two.

If you go to see the movie let us know how it is. I really don't like to rely on reviews ... so far the reviews are not so good.

hmmmmm. i think I'm in the dark I know it was a play but I do not know the plot. (please don't spoil it just let me know) would it be appropriate to do a mom/daughter thing and take my 15 year old she will be a sophomore

The Furry Guy rarely goes to theaters to see movies, but he'll watch that one on DVD with me. We both like ABBA music (I love ya anyway, Ann E!), and I'm a huge fan of Colin Firth.

Just got home from Mamma Mia! LOVED IT!! Very fun! Only about 3 men in the whole place (my guy willingly went :love:...he laughed but won't admit it!) I would have loved to take my daughter. It would be a good "get the girlfriends together" movie or mother/daughter.

I would say that singing is not really a talent that Pierce Bronson has but he's still good to look at :) I want the soundtrack AND the DVD :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Just got home from Mamma Mia! LOVED IT!! Very fun! Only about 3 men in the whole place (my guy willingly went :love:...he laughed but won't admit it!) I would have loved to take my daughter. It would be a good "get the girlfriends together" movie or mother/daughter.

I would say that singing is not really a talent that Pierce Bronson has but he's still good to look at :) I want the soundtrack AND the DVD :)

Is it all the ABBA oldies? IF so I have the old ABBA gold and love it!:love:

I'm guess that, since ABBA hasn't been together for years, they're all oldies. :)

The premise of the musical and the movie are that a girl is getting married and wants her Dad to walk her down the aisle...problem is, there are 3 possibilities as to who could be her Dad! I love the fact that the writer of this musical took ABBA songs that are totally unrealted and turned them into a cute storyline!
I think DH is taking me Sunday as he will be out of town for my birthday and is trying to suck up! I will let you all know what I think of it, but I can already tell you that I'll enjoy Colin Firth AND Poerce Brosnon!!!

I knew you would Sister!

I wanted to see it and didn't at the same time - Having seen it on Broadway (which let me tell you is AMAZING!) I wanted to relive the whole experience! Then reviews came out that said it was the worst movie of the year - (probably doesn't help that its up against Dark Knight in debut) - I'm torn!

DH said "no way babe" when I asked if he wanted to go - SO my girls and 2 DD's were going until they saw the reviews on television - SO I am waiting for REAL reviews.........

raebates said:
I'm guess that, since ABBA hasn't been together for years, they're all oldies. :)

We're not getting any younger, either.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We're not getting any younger, either.

Oh KG! Age is only a number! ;)

Well, in my case then, it's not the age, it's the mileage.

PamperedDor said:
I wanted to see it and didn't at the same time - Having seen it on Broadway (which let me tell you is AMAZING!) I wanted to relive the whole experience! Then reviews came out that said it was the worst movie of the year - (probably doesn't help that its up against Dark Knight in debut) - I'm torn!

DH said "no way babe" when I asked if he wanted to go - SO my girls and 2 DD's were going until they saw the reviews on television - SO I am waiting for REAL reviews.........

Hey Dor, I might me going tomorrow night, since I am not going to Jones Beach to see Donna Summers.

letscook04 said:
Hey Dor, I might me going tomorrow night, since I am not going to Jones Beach to see Donna Summers.

Coll- I can't we have 2 bbqs to go to - (this vacation mode is never ending!! LOL) Let me know how it is though - sure Stu ain't going right?? Sorry I didnt call you back - it was clean the kitchen cabinet day ( I only got 1/2 done! LOL!!) and the kids have friends over in the pool -

Bummer about Donna Summer - That would have been a great concert - NOW if ABBA comes to Jones Beach..................

There are two chances of ABBA ever performing again, and Slim is on a diet.

PamperedDor said:
Oh KG! Age is only a number! ;)

Yeah, but in some cases it's a really big number.

PamperedDor said:
Coll- I can't we have 2 bbqs to go to - (this vacation mode is never ending!! LOL) Let me know how it is though - sure Stu ain't going right?? Sorry I didnt call you back - it was clean the kitchen cabinet day ( I only got 1/2 done! LOL!!) and the kids have friends over in the pool -

Bummer about Donna Summer - That would have been a great concert - NOW if ABBA comes to Jones Beach..................

I feel the same way about it never ending! When I asked hubby if he wanted to go see mamma mia, he looked at me like I had 3 heads.

I was at a Wildtree party last night. They had alot of seasonings like ours??

I am in FULL 80's mode this weekend....

going to see Rick Springfield tonight and Mamma Mia tomorrow! Now, if I could just fine my sky blue eyeliner and Aqua Net!

chefmeg said:

going to see Rick Springfield tonight and Mamma Mia tomorrow! Now, if I could just fine my sky blue eyeliner and Aqua Net!

Meg - I am ALWAYS in 80's mode!!! LOL - I listen to the 80's station from xm in my car all the time! I did use the blue eyeliner (don't anymore!) but I didn't use Aqua Net - it was STIFF STUFF for my big hair! Oh those were the days.............:love:

DH and I went last night. Loved it! He was surprised at how much fun it was. We had to go back to the house and get my ABBA Gold CD so we could play the music again on the way to do some shopping. I know people were staring, we had the volume cranked. :sing:

If I had XM, I be tuned to an 80's station. Of course, ABBA was more from the 70's than the 80's. . .so now we are really dating ourselves.

chefmeg said:

Girl...you do know that you can rock the blue eyeliner again..right? It is in again...not the Aqua net mess though!
Speaking of youth.....I bought my blue and green eyeliner from Wet N Wild. My DD's always are drawn to that display at the store....just makes me laugh.

chefjeanine said:
If I had XM, I be tuned to an 80's station. Of course, ABBA was more from the 70's than the 80's. . .so now we are really dating ourselves.

Sirius has an ALL ABBA station...#003. Yesterday they featured alot of stuff about the movie. Interviewed Meryl and Pierce. We listened to it on the way to and from the movie :)

chefjeanine said:
DH and I went last night. Loved it! He was surprised at how much fun it was. We had to go back to the house and get my ABBA Gold CD so we could play the music again on the way to do some shopping. I know people were staring, we had the volume cranked. :sing:

Tell me this is all just a bad dream.

200px-Saturday_night_fever_movie_poster.jpg

Yep, KG.....we are "the people our parents warned us about"!!!!!!!!!!!!

erinyourpclady said:
Girl...you do know that you can rock the blue eyeliner again..right? It is in again...not the Aqua net mess though!
Speaking of youth.....I bought my blue and green eyeliner from Wet N Wild. My DD's always are drawn to that display at the store....just makes me laugh.

I feel like I am far too young for the 80's to be "back in style"!!!!

Aqua Net is sold at Target my daughter has to use it for her dance competitions
SHE HATES IT!!

I just discovered I could love ABBA too...it is the initials of the American Bed & Breakfast Association!! Bed and breakfast...I do that everyday...still!!!:sing:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Tell me this is all just a bad dream.

Go back to sleep KG . . .maybe you can dream of something nicer.

and the point of using it in the 80's was to keep all that BIG hair in place, just like your daughter needs for her compititions! Scary........it is still on the market!

yeah and its only 97 cents

chefmeg said:
I feel like I am far too young for the 80's to be "back in style"!!!!

I remember my college roommate blowing her hair dry, putting it up in curlers (the ones you heat up) and then using a curling iron! Of course, all of this was followed by a ton of hair spray (don't know what flavor). Back then we were all using hair spray. . .we'll probably suffer from some exotic lung disease when we get older.

Last edited:
Bog Hair? Somehow, Monica Lewinsky comes to mind...

Iknow we probaly are responsible for one of those supposed holes in the ozone!

chefmeg said:

Don't forget your dep gel, and your rubber braclets! :) LOL

My family will not let me watch this movie with them, dh and two ds's. We actually have a hard time watching musicals w/o a lot of snickering. I may be able to watch it along, but I think if I watch it w/ other people I will be laughing every time the singing comes out.

Wow, I can just smell the AquaNet hairspray oozing from this thread! I used Stiff Stuff, too, Dor! ;)

Y'all Mamma Mia was seriously one of my favorite movies ever! This could be because the musical is up there (behind Les Mis and The Lion King) for my favorites as well. Yes there were some cheesy parts, however I have not been in that good of a mood in a long time! Worth every full price cent I paid!

I Loved it!!! Go out and see it!!

GourmetGirl said:
Y'all Mamma Mia was seriously one of my favorite movies ever! This could be because the musical is up there (behind Les Mis and The Lion King) for my favorites as well. Yes there were some cheesy parts, however I have not been in that good of a mood in a long time! Worth every full price cent I paid!

I agree :) I wanted to run out of the theater singing...then run on to a dock and jump in the blue, blue water :) I smiled the rest of the day. I usually could care less one way or another regarding movies but I was ready to plop down more money IMMEDIATELY and buy a ticket to the next showing.

We are getting ready to kick off a brand new women's ministry program and I've already planned to have a HUGE chick flick night when this comes out on DVD! Maybe give everyone the lyrics so we can jump up and sing along with the cast :D

:thumbup::thumbup: I saw it last night with my husband and my parents. We all LOVED it! I even bought the soundtrack today!

This has been one of the best weekends EVER! Friday I spent 6 hours scrapbooking at my friends house, Saturday, we went to see Rick Springfield and it was great, and today, DH & I went to see Mamma Mia!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Springfield has aged VERY well~he is going to be 59 next month and I just don't see HOW! Now, 59 isn't old by any means, but he has lived a rock star life and still looks really, really good! The concert was great~

Mammia Mia the movie was great! Yep, Peirce brosnan could use a singing coach, but it was such a feel good movie! The place was backed! God love DH for being one of only about 10 men in the whole place!

Now, I must go work my business!

chefmeg said:
Rick Springfield has aged VERY well~he is going to be 59 next month and I just don't see HOW! Now, 59 isn't old by any means, but he has lived a rock star life and still looks really, really good! The concert was great~

My husband works with a gal who is a Rick Springfield groupie (stalker?). She has several photos of the two of them together and he looks really good.

<h2>1. Who is invited to "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds"?</h2><p>The event is open to anyone who wants to attend! It's a great opportunity to spend a fun evening with friends, family, or even solo.</p><h2>2. What exactly is "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds"?</h2><p>It's a special event hosted by Pampered Chef where participants can enjoy a cooking demonstration, sample delicious food, and learn about new products.</p><h2>3. How long does the event typically last?</h2><p>The event usually lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the size of the group and the activities planned.</p><h2>4. Is there a cost to attend "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds"?</h2><p>There is no cost to attend the event. It is completely free for guests to join and enjoy the festivities.</p><h2>5. Can I bring a friend or family member who is not a Pampered Chef consultant?</h2><p>Absolutely! The more, the merrier. Non-consultants are welcome to attend and experience the fun of "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds".</p>

1. Who is invited to "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds"?

The event is open to anyone who wants to attend! It's a great opportunity to spend a fun evening with friends, family, or even solo.

2. What exactly is "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds"?

It's a special event hosted by Pampered Chef where participants can enjoy a cooking demonstration, sample delicious food, and learn about new products.

3. How long does the event typically last?

The event usually lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the size of the group and the activities planned.

4. Is there a cost to attend "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds"?

There is no cost to attend the event. It is completely free for guests to join and enjoy the festivities.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member who is not a Pampered Chef consultant?

Absolutely! The more, the merrier. Non-consultants are welcome to attend and experience the fun of "A Night Out with DH - Love Knows No Bounds".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG