• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can you make a delicious 9-minute batter bowl cake in the microwave?

In summary, the lava cake in the classic batter bowl will work, but you will need to mix the cake right in the rice cooker and then put four large spoonfuls of icing in the cake mix. The cake will then be microwaved for 8 minutes with a clear plastic lid. The director of the show says look for the "penis" that sticks up through the hole in the lid and you know it is done.
pchefinski
I thought I read somewhere on here about making the lava cake in the classic batter bowl..cooking it for 9 minutes in the micro. does this work out? I have a show tonight and I want to do it. I bought triple fudge chocolate cake mix and triple fudge chocolate chip frosting -- if it works, it'll be SOOOOOO good!!! :D

I'm going to try this, as I haven't heard any tips on whether it'll work or not. Do I put the lid on the batter bowl? micro it without the lid? how would i know when it's done? do you just use the cake tester? or would the frosting throughout it mess up testing it that way? i have triple chocolate fudge cake and triple chocolate chip fudge frosting to use.. DH is SUPER excited to eat it!

This is too late for your show, sorry about that, but I do the lava cake in the rice cooker with the lid on. You can mix the cake right in the rice cooker and
then put four large spoonfuls of icing in the cake mix. Put the lid on and microwave for 8 minutes. My director says look for the "penis" that sticks up through the hole in the clear plastic lid and you know it is done. She's a hoot!! This is a very good recipe. You can serve with ice cream and put extra sauce on for hot fudge. Sorry it is to late but maybe it will help for your next show. You do want to dump it out in something that has sides on it, because the icing makes a lot of sauce. Maybe the deep dish baker.

This is too late for your show, sorry about that, but I do the lava cake in the rice cooker with the lid on. You can mix the cake right in the rice cooker and
then put four large spoonfuls of icing in the cake mix. Put the lid on and microwave for 8 minutes. My director says look for the "penis" that sticks up through the hole in the clear plastic lid and you know it is done. She's a hoot!! This is a very good recipe. You can serve with ice cream and put extra sauce on for hot fudge. Sorry it is to late but maybe it will help for your next show. You do want to dump it out in something that has sides on it, because the icing makes a lot of sauce. Maybe the deep dish baker.

i've been wanting the rice cooker so i can make this cake! and micro mashed potatoes and rice too.. i just haven't gotten it yet! lol

1. How do I make a 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake?

To make a 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake, you will need a Pampered Chef Batter Bowl, a cake mix of your choice, and any additional ingredients listed on the cake mix box. Mix the cake batter in the batter bowl according to the package instructions, then microwave for 9 minutes. Let the cake cool before removing it from the bowl and decorating as desired.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for a 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake. However, some cake mixes may require different cooking times in the microwave, so be sure to check the package instructions and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Can I add mix-ins to my 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake?

Yes, you can add mix-ins to your 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake to customize it to your liking. Some popular mix-ins include chocolate chips, nuts, and fruit. Simply fold them into the cake batter before microwaving.

4. How many servings does a 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake make?

A 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake typically makes 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the slices. If you are serving a larger group, you can easily double the recipe and use a larger batter bowl.

5. Can I make a 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake in a regular oven?

No, the 9 Min Batter Bowl Cake is specifically designed to be made in the microwave. If you prefer to use a regular oven, you can follow the instructions on the cake mix package for baking a traditional cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies