• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

1St Wedding Shower Looking Very Dismal!! Help!

In summary, the bride's family was confused about how to participate in the shower and some guests were unclear about what was required to attend. The shower was successful in spite of the lack of RSVPs and the guests who did attend bought gifts for the bride and themselves.
heat123
Silver Member
Man have any of you ever had this problem...???

I have a shower of 25 expected guests. I am the actual host (this is my best freind's wedding shower). I sent out invites using the one I found here at CS, stating not to bring any gifts that she is registered with TPC etc.

Well the Bride is getting calls for all or most RSVPs (and I listed my name and # to RSVP to) which I thought very strange and she's getting a bunch of calls asking if "they have to" purchase off her PC registry!? She doesn't want to be rude and say "yes you must or else" so she thinks everyone will just bring a gift from random places with gifts she doesn't even want!!

So needless to say, I don't have high expectations for my first bridal shower and and hoping it qualifies :( !

You could try making the follow-up calls to everyone invited yourself and re-enforce how excited the bride and groom are about stocking their kitchen with great kitchen tools! Put her wish list on your website and directly them there to view all of the great tools she wants. Maybe if they see there is something for every budget they will be more open to purchasing at the shower. You could also suggest that give cash and also the bride to shop.

I hope it all works out.

Also...maybe if you explained to each of them that also she wants certain items that she cant afford & doesnt want her guests to pay for them, so by buying the items she has specified she will get X amount of items free!!! Then NO ONE has to pay for them..;)

I like Shari's idea. Make follow up calls. Tell them your friend is really excited about receiving PC gifts and you hope they can come.

I've only had one bridal shower and I thought it would be a flop. The bride only registered for $300 because she was already having 4 other showers. She ended up getting everything she registered for, plus the guests bought so much for themselves the show was a little over $600.

Well I had the shower this weekend and it went so much better than I had anticipated it would! Of the 18 guests (kids incl) from the 22 people expected all but 2 of her aunts ordered from her PC wishlist! Wheewww, what a relief!

She closed at $433 so I am glad that it was able to qualify and she received $500+ in PC products to fill her kitchen! Overall it was a good first PC bridal shower experience in the end! THank Goodness!

heat123 said:
Man have any of you ever had this problem...???

I have a shower of 25 expected guests. I am the actual host (this is my best freind's wedding shower). I sent out invites using the one I found here at CS, stating not to bring any gifts that she is registered with TPC etc.

Well the Bride is getting calls for all or most RSVPs (and I listed my name and # to RSVP to) which I thought very strange and she's getting a bunch of calls asking if "they have to" purchase off her PC registry!? She doesn't want to be rude and say "yes you must or else" so she thinks everyone will just bring a gift from random places with gifts she doesn't even want!!

So needless to say, I don't have high expectations for my first bridal shower and and hoping it qualifies :( !

My first bridal shower went great--only one brought a gift out of 18--$800 show--I used the order form I got on here --there are 5 lines to buy FOR THE BRIDE and like 5 line FOR MYSELF!!!
got 3 bookings and a lady that heard about the show had a small one and signed up!!

stay positive

I have my first wedding shower planned for next month, it's for my youngest sister. I sent out the invitations that I got from PC. I've had the strangest rsvp's. One called and asked where she's registered- so she could buy a gift. I explained that they were registered with PC and she could make a purchase off their wish list and she asked me if the bride was ok with not having gifts to open that day ??? :confused: Another called my grandmother and asked if it was ok to buy whatever they (her and 3 daughters) wanted, since PC was too expensive. I told granny that over 100 items on wishlist were $30 or less and asked if I should call and explain. Another one called me to say she couldn't make it and her and her girls would just buy them something at WalMart. :eek: When I explained to her she could still get a gift off their wish list, she chuckled and said she'd send a gift to my mom's for her. I'm quite puzzled by this since I thought the invitation was pretty straight forward. Heck, I even asked my husband to read it. After he did I asked him what the people who were invited were supposed to do, his answer was "bring a favorite recipe and buy a gift from their wish list, which you will supply and something for themselves if they want". Now I thought that if my mostly unsupportive ( for PC that is) husband got it, that it's pretty clear.
The other problem is that 80 people have been invited and you all know how many people have actually responded- 12 so far and some of them called the bride, not me to rsvp. I want this to be a sucess so that my sister and fiance can get the things that they want but I'm not sure what to do. My director always said that a wedding shower was the easiest shower you could ever have but from past experience this is not easier it's much more aggravation. Thoughts?

I had the exact same problem. As posted on my orignal thread. I could not understand why people were calling the bride directly to RSVP (when my name and # was listed on the invite) and they were asking the bride directly if it was ok not to go off her wishlist???!!!!

I was just baffled by the responses! But in the end after talking to the bride, I explained to her to tell further guests to either call me to explain the wishlist gift purchase or just explain to them that she was really excited to recieve the PC things she had registered for! So they would get the hint to not buy an outside gift!

Luckily, only 2 ended up not going off her PC wishlist! And everything went ok in the end!

Good luck to yours! Hopefully it goes well for you!

How did you do her wish list? I dont have the time to make the picture index cards...I am thinking about make a list of the things she wants but I am not sure what to put on the list--do I put the price???

Beth,

You can make index cards by cutting pictures out of the catalog. Glue to card stock (or cardboard) -- that's what I've done (I tell my guests that this is as close to artistic as I get).

I would include the price of the items . You can do this by cutting out the picture and the description of the item, including # and price).

Be sure you don't put all of the wish list items on one page. You want to have cards/pages so that more than one guest can review wish list products at one time. That being said, don't circulate duplicate lists! If you do this, you'll get multiples of items that were supposed to be singles.

I hope this makes sense. . .I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I confused you completely.

omg.after reading all these posts im getting worried! I have my first bridal shower(which the bride gave me 1wk notice)this saturday! I have been trying to contact this girl over & over & no response then BAM an email stating we're having a house warming/bridal shower this date this time.So i said ok lets kick it in gear,did you mention that PC will be there & to buy gifts thru them?? She said yes but she is just sooo difficult hasnt even done her wishlist yet! if it isnt done by tomorrow i'm doing it for her!!!!

i have one august 12th that i am very worried about :( . this is my first bride and she is a friend of the family. i got ropped into actually hosting it too. she told my mom that i said we were giving her a PC shower when i actually told her if ANYONE wanted to give her one i would be glad to come do the presention, but there was no way to get out of it. now that we have gotten the guest list, i know the people and most of them NEVER go to showers nor send gifts. we tried to encourage inviting others but when we got the list they had not. i am keeping my fingers crossed that this is one of those i am dreading that turns into awesome!! :eek: on a much better none, i have a mom that called to set a registry up for her daughter that told me she would get back with me today with an order about $400 just from her :D for her daughter and they still want me to come do a family shower. so, i do see they are not all bad - that can be encouraging!!! i am gong to enter this mom's order in as a show b/c i feel if she is spending that much the least i can do is work it where she gets the benefits from what she is spending. and i know this can create some lifetime customers by doing the little things to help them get more for their money.:cool:

Related to 1St Wedding Shower Looking Very Dismal!! Help!

1. How can I make the 1st wedding shower look more lively and exciting?

One way to make the event more lively is to incorporate fun games and activities for the guests to participate in. You can also add some upbeat music and decorations to create a festive atmosphere.

2. What are some budget-friendly options for food and drinks for the shower?

Consider making homemade appetizers or finger foods instead of ordering catering. You can also ask friends and family to contribute dishes or drinks to help cut costs. Another option is to have a potluck-style shower where everyone brings a dish to share.

3. How can I involve the bride and groom in the shower without making it feel like a traditional gift-opening event?

Instead of a traditional gift opening, you can have the couple participate in fun activities or games that relate to their relationship or future marriage. This will make the event more interactive and entertaining for everyone.

4. What are some unique theme ideas for a 1st wedding shower?

Some unique theme ideas include a wine and cheese tasting, a spa day, a cooking class, or a DIY crafting party. Choose a theme that reflects the interests or hobbies of the couple.

5. How can I ensure that all guests feel included and have a good time at the shower?

Consider having icebreaker games or activities to help guests get to know each other. You can also assign seating arrangements to mix up different groups of people. Additionally, make sure to have plenty of food and drinks to keep everyone satisfied and happy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Tams
  • darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies