• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncovering the Top Benefits of Becoming a Director

In summary, the common benefits of promotion include increased commission, free products, decreased trip points, additional workshop choices at conferences (geared towards directors and above), a Director's edition KCN with training tips and meeting suggestions, a Director's edition CC with extra links, bigger discount on personal orders, red ribbon on your conference name tag, more tele classes offered, a Production Bonus based on the composition of the cluster, a $50/mth allowance for craft fairs and the like, $100 for continuing education (once per year, higher level directors get more), Quick Start boxes, special gifts at conferences, b-day cards, christmas gift, special director only loops (thru your upline), director retreats once a year, PC Dollars, special "director" store thru VIP, reduced trip points, special events at conferences, the Directors Dinner Event (replaced with a special training breakfast), Consultants News comes a few days earlier and has special inserts just for Directors, and receiving a GOLD whisk charm (just like the silver one for $15k in sales). Some suggest waiting until having 7 recruits before promoting, however it is possible to promote with 5 recruits. It is important to remember that if one of your consultants goes inactive, you will lose your directorship if you have fewer than 6 active consultants.
I found this one for $14.40 and it includes sig confirmation but it is a big box... is this right?

http://www.usps.com/all/shippingandmailing/overnightguaranteedpackages.htm

There is an overnight flat envelope you can get.

I found the envelope but it is $14.40 too! I know my director paychecks will be bigger, but this is getting expensive!

gilliandanielle said:
I called this afternoon and she said that it should have been sent mid-Feb. I told her I never got anything so she sent one out. Do I have to sign it and get it back to them by the first to get my call? I am getting really worried that this stupid oversight is going to affect my paycheck for April!!

Gillian...call the HO and ask. I don't think you should have to pay to overnight it back to them. I think the form is really a formality. If they call and you accept, your paycheck should be fine.

Ok... I think you want Express Mail. That does overnight and it can be in a flat envelope like Priority does. I picked a zip code that looks like it's close to your area, and then I picked a Chicago zip code, just to estimate postage... and it looks to be about $14.40... but to know that HO *has* your letter so you can promote ASAP... might be worth the peace of mind. :)I hope that helps! :)

And I agree with what the others said... you shouldn't HAVE to jump through these hoops. I just know I've liked the peace of mind in the past when I've done it.Calling HO first may not be a bad idea. :)

I asked if they needed it for me to promote and she said that it wouldn't be an official promotion until they recieve it... I didn't go on to ask what that means for my commission and overrides so I guess I will have to call back...

I just have to say how excited this thread makes me. I haven't been on here in a few weeks and hadn't run across this one before. I had a really good February, but my schedule is very much a roller coaster. I know I need to get it consistent, and that means getting on the phone...and I definitely think reading about all these extra director perks is motivating me to actually get off the couch and pick up the phone! Good luck to everyone who's ready to walk across that stage. My 1 recruit went inactive, so I'm starting over.

Brooke =)

I think it's not official until they receive it, but it should be all retroactive to 4/1. I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Gill, You wouldn't get your overrides till the end of the month so I think that it should be fine. However I would call HO just to be safe!

ChefBrooke said:
I just have to say how excited this thread makes me. I haven't been on here in a few weeks and hadn't run across this one before. I had a really good February, but my schedule is very much a roller coaster. I know I need to get it consistent, and that means getting on the phone...and I definitely think reading about all these extra director perks is motivating me to actually get off the couch and pick up the phone! Good luck to everyone who's ready to walk across that stage. My 1 recruit went inactive, so I'm starting over.

Yeah, Brooke, this thread excited me too. I didn't even CONSIDER working on promoting until I read this thread.

I'm trying to encourage my best friend to hurry up and get a couple of life issues out of the way... as soon as she's got that, I'm buying her kit for her. She'll be my first recruit if she hurries her butt up! :D

I guess that is true that overrides wouldn't be until the end of the month anyway... I just get scared because I know how long it takes for HO mail to get to me!

Calm down Gillian.....there are instructions on the agreement that you can FAX the signature page to HO - that's what I did in December.... I still have the original agreement I signed here at my house

Thanks Gina! That makes me feel a lot better!! It is half hormones and half director stress!!

I certainly HOPE you do not bite your nails:eek: LOL!!

If so - I might have to send you some bandaids.... ;)

AND - you are too cheap to send a little piece of paper OVERNIGHT!!!:D

I can't WAIT to see your sig change!!!

I don't bite them, so it isn't that bad, but I am sure my blood pressure is creeping up slowly as the month ticks away!

I am so glad I can fax and save myself $14!! You are right- I am too cheap for that!

On a side note I beat my best monthly total ($1400) already this month and have a total of almost $2300 and 3 MORE SHOWS THIS MONTH! I need $1300 more for my $15K so I am hoping that I can get that done this month too so I will get a HUGE raise April 1st!

gilliandanielle said:
On a side note I beat my best monthly total ($1400) already this month and have a total of almost $2300 and 3 MORE SHOWS THIS MONTH! I need $1300 more for my $15K so I am hoping that I can get that done this month too so I will get a HUGE raise April 1st!

That is great. Wow. I'm sure you can do it.

Oh, wow, I'm *glad* you can fax that. :D

gilliandanielle said:

You go girl!!! You're a director and haven't even reached your $15k?:p That's great!:D

PampMomof3 said:
You go girl!!! You're a director and haven't even reached your $15k?:p That's great!:D
No doubt Gill! That's AWESOME:D :) :D

PampMomof3 said:
I got close after 9 months in business, but then I had my son and lost everything when I went inactive for 6 months. I reactivated when I found this site, started recruiting and am now here! I only do around one show a month so it adds up so slowly, but now that I have 8 shows this month I hope to excell from here on out!

Keep the momentum going Gillian!!! We will have to move out of the way when you take the STAGE by storm:cool: :cool:

HOW EXCITING!!! Now - get on the phone and get that $1300.00 in sales - I know you can do it.... you HAVE 15 days left in the month!!! <<<<<WOW>>>>

Thanks Gina! I have 3 more shows this month so I am hopeful that I will hit it without adding anything else. I have a show tomorrow, the 24th and the 29th so I really won't know until the last minute whether I got it or not!

I will have to walk at leadership also because I won't be making it to conference...

Congratulations, Gillian! I hope to be at leadership and I will be cheering you on! You will have your hands full with a new baby, but I think I would love to be a recruit of yours and receive training while holding a newborn!! I saw your tummy on another thread and you are so adorable!!! All tummy. I am and still am (after 17 years) all tubby!!!!:eek: I think I have to stop blaming my son after that long, though!!:rolleyes:

baychef said:
Congratulations, Gillian! I hope to be at leadership and I will be cheering you on! You will have your hands full with a new baby, but I think I would love to be a recruit of yours and receive training while holding a newborn!! I saw your tummy on another thread and you are so adorable!!! All tummy. I am and still am (after 17 years) all tubby!!!!:eek: I think I have to stop blaming my son after that long, though!!:rolleyes:
LOL! My newest recruit is a really good friend of mine and I am sure she is going to come to my cluster meetings just to hold the baby! I am all tummy and hope to get back to normal quickly after the baby... I am that lady that people come up to me after I have a baby and say "I hate you!".

I had the baby blues last time and people would come up to me and tell me that they hated me daily. It was really hard with my hormones even though they were joking. I actually remember wishing I wouldn't go back to normal as quickly so people would quit telling me they hated me ALL day!

I don't know how I am going to NOT lose weight chasing after two toddlers and carrying a newborn all the time! :eek: :eek:

gilliandanielle said:
I had the baby blues last time and people would come up to me and tell me that they hated me daily. It was really hard with my hormones even though they were joking. I actually remember wishing I wouldn't go back to normal as quickly so people would quit telling me they hated me ALL day!

That is awful. We have no control over stuff like this. And I can't imagine hating someone because there body goes back to normal quickly. I hope you don't get the blues this time around. Remember we are hear to cheer you up and rant against the stupid people.

gilliandanielle said:
I am all tummy and hope to get back to normal quickly after the baby... I am that lady that people come up to me after I have a baby and say "I hate you!".

I don't know how I am going to NOT lose weight chasing after two toddlers and carrying a newborn all the time! :eek: :eek:

I thought the words "I hate you" but it's not your fault God designed your body the right way and slept through the part about putting in a metabolism in me that keeps up with my appetite!! Or gave me the desire to want to exercise!! I was born early on a Sat. morning so maybe she/he was still out partying when that part was supposed to go into my system!!!

The hormones play such rotten tricks on us. I know I had a old fart lady visit me that looked around my house and said...Oh, must be you've been holding the baby a lot. Come to find out...she had a cleaning lady her entire life!!! :mad: :mad: I nearly bit my tongue off!!!

Pregnant women and new Moms are beautiful...no matter how rotten and tired they may feel. When people compliment them on their beautiful new baby, that radiant smile peeks through even the most sleep deprived parent!

Hormones are definetly an adventure!! I would have smacked her- even if she was elderly!! I have pics of when my son was a newborn and you can see the mess in the background of each one. It sucks when I look back, but there is only so much you can get done when sleep deprived and taking care of a newborn!

I am so excited that the baby is going to be born in the summer when I can take my kids outside more and hopefully keep my house cleaner, LOL!

Bact to Benefits of Directors.....Sorry to "un-hijack" - but I just found the neatest download on CC! Under downloads - there are ones that have a big blue D beside them that are for directors only.....well, you can still access them! I just downloaded the Directors Policies - answers every question we have about promoting to director and benefits of directorship!:D Check it out!

Maybe that is where I read all that stuff before, LOL! I knew I read it on CC, but couldn't find it in the Policies & Procedures...

Thanks Becky!

gilliandanielle said:
Maybe that is where I read all that stuff before, LOL! I knew I read it on CC, but couldn't find it in the Policies & Procedures...

Thanks Becky!

You're welcome.....and now back to our regularly scheduled hi-jack!:D

I can't believed you interrupted a hijack with relevant information!!

So am I crazy for reading that info about Director policy, and all about that great stuff, and I still don't want it. Well at least not right now. I want to be a future director and that's about it!

Chef_2_Four said:
So am I crazy for reading that info about Director policy, and all about that great stuff, and I still don't want it. Well at least not right now. I want to be a future director and that's about it!

No, you're not crazy! I personally like my full-time job and would be absolutely nuts to jeopardize it in any way, shape or form. I will be happy being a consultant for awhile.

Ok! just checking!! :D

Isn't that the real beauty of our organization? We can choose to do with our businesses as we wish. You two can be consultants and there's no forced promotion, or getting stuck as a consultant forever just because you don't want to promote now.I love it! :D

Me too y'all...right now I don't have the time to devote so I'm happy to be a consultant and get those perks for now!

Ah the pleasure of working a full time job. I wish I could make PC my full time and become a director but I can't do it right now. I need the health benefits.

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. It does not include any CD or DVD's you buy or courses like that nor does it include anything PC would sponsor but it would pay for a class or a speaker that you would go to.

My cluster did a tele-class with someone once and it was $60 each. That WAS covered.

NOTE:: The $100 for classes is once per year.

Actually, I had Belinda's CD program reimbursed last year.
It could also be a cooking class, a computer class, public speaking, leadership workshop, Spanish class...

BethCooks4U said:
2006 - shipping box hinged ornament
2005 - Doris' book hinged ornament
2004 - heritage House hinged ornament

Actually, these aren't ornaments, they are limoge boxes. They are EXTREMELY expensive in the stores (I think they're supposed to be used for little mints in the powder room), but it's really cool because they are special to us as they relate to PC.

ShanaSmith said:
Gillian, you have a few months before you even can go into relinquishment. I believe it is 3 and then you have 3 more month before you would loose anything. I think the important thing is that your team is also meeting the sales requirement ($4000 a month, including you). That is the one that you could have trouble with after the baby is born if you are the one that is usually doing most of the numbers for your team.

Unless you have a director in your downline. If you are in relinquishment more than the initial 3 months, you'll lose any directors in your downline for good. The rest of your team you can recover in the following 3 months.

Thanks for clearing these things up Paige!

Paige Dixon said:
Actually, I had Belinda's CD program reimbursed last year.
It could also be a cooking class, a computer class, public speaking, leadership workshop, Spanish class...
I ordered a CD program this year and they denied it. Maybe they changed the rules? It was definitely business training related.

Gillian ~ you can FAX your Director Agreement and send in the hard copy ~ that's what was suggested to me...worked great!

ANOTHER Director perk ~ I LOVED this one...I promoted Oct 1, 2006 and because I sold the $1250 for the 3 qualifying months for Directors to earn FALL products...they BACK DATE this and you get them all!!!

I think the BEST perk ~ is SHARING THE BIZ WITH EVERYONE ~ YOU NEVER KNOW WHO NEEDS THAT EXTRA $$$, NEW FRIENDSHIPS, A NIGHT OUT, ETC.

Ginny

Someone else said that I could fax it, but there wasn't a number on the agreement- do I just find the fax number for career solutions? I think that is what the envelope to mail it in said...

The fax number is 630-261-8586.

At least that's what it said in my letter.

Where in the letter? I guess I didn't get a letter, just the agreement and the fast track flyer... was there supposed to be a personalized letter too?

Mine had a letter, the two parts of the agreement, and a Fast Track Flyer.

Sounds like they're really slacking on these agreements.

Maybe I just didn't even read the letter- let me go check...

I have the agreement (the page where you sign the back), the attachment with the overrides, etc, tha fast track flyer, and Frequently Asked Questions sheet. No letter, no fax number... anyhting else important in this letter I should know about??

<h2>1. What are the main benefits of becoming a Director at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef comes with a variety of benefits, including increased earning potential, the opportunity to build a team and mentor others, and the chance to attend exclusive leadership events and trainings.</p><h2>2. How does being a Director at Pampered Chef impact my income?</h2><p>As a Director, you have the potential to earn higher commissions and bonuses based on your team's sales and performance. You also have the opportunity to earn leadership bonuses and incentives, which can significantly increase your income.</p><h2>3. Can you explain the team-building aspect of being a Director?</h2><p>As a Director, you have the opportunity to build and lead a team of consultants. This means you can earn a percentage of your team's sales, as well as bonuses for helping them achieve their goals. You also have the chance to mentor and support your team members, which can be incredibly rewarding.</p><h2>4. Are there any exclusive events or trainings for Directors?</h2><p>Yes, as a Director, you have access to exclusive leadership events and trainings where you can learn from top-performing leaders, network with other Directors, and gain valuable skills and insights to help you grow your business.</p><h2>5. How can becoming a Director benefit my overall career and personal growth?</h2><p>Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef can be a valuable addition to your resume and demonstrate your leadership skills, which can be beneficial for future career opportunities. Additionally, being a Director allows you to develop and improve your leadership and communication skills, and gain confidence in yourself and your abilities.</p>

1. What are the main benefits of becoming a Director at Pampered Chef?

Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef comes with a variety of benefits, including increased earning potential, the opportunity to build a team and mentor others, and the chance to attend exclusive leadership events and trainings.

2. How does being a Director at Pampered Chef impact my income?

As a Director, you have the potential to earn higher commissions and bonuses based on your team's sales and performance. You also have the opportunity to earn leadership bonuses and incentives, which can significantly increase your income.

3. Can you explain the team-building aspect of being a Director?

As a Director, you have the opportunity to build and lead a team of consultants. This means you can earn a percentage of your team's sales, as well as bonuses for helping them achieve their goals. You also have the chance to mentor and support your team members, which can be incredibly rewarding.

4. Are there any exclusive events or trainings for Directors?

Yes, as a Director, you have access to exclusive leadership events and trainings where you can learn from top-performing leaders, network with other Directors, and gain valuable skills and insights to help you grow your business.

5. How can becoming a Director benefit my overall career and personal growth?

Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef can be a valuable addition to your resume and demonstrate your leadership skills, which can be beneficial for future career opportunities. Additionally, being a Director allows you to develop and improve your leadership and communication skills, and gain confidence in yourself and your abilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefNic
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • phatratz
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jcsmilez