• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncovering the Top Benefits of Becoming a Director

In summary, the common benefits of promotion include increased commission, free products, decreased trip points, additional workshop choices at conferences (geared towards directors and above), a Director's edition KCN with training tips and meeting suggestions, a Director's edition CC with extra links, bigger discount on personal orders, red ribbon on your conference name tag, more tele classes offered, a Production Bonus based on the composition of the cluster, a $50/mth allowance for craft fairs and the like, $100 for continuing education (once per year, higher level directors get more), Quick Start boxes, special gifts at conferences, b-day cards, christmas gift, special director only loops (thru your upline), director retreats once a year, PC Dollars, special "director" store thru VIP, reduced trip points, special events at conferences, the Directors Dinner Event (replaced with a special training breakfast), Consultants News comes a few days earlier and has special inserts just for Directors, and receiving a GOLD whisk charm (just like the silver one for $15k in sales). Some suggest waiting until having 7 recruits before promoting, however it is possible to promote with 5 recruits. It is important to remember that if one of your consultants goes inactive, you will lose your directorship if you have fewer than 6 active consultants.
I remembered another! A Christmas gift from Doris Christopher herownself! Last year it was a little trinket box shaped like the UPS boxes that the products come in. I sat mine in my Christmas tree. Year before I think it was an ornament. Comes packaged really nice with a card from Doris!

Cindycooks said:
I remembered another! A Christmas gift from Doris Christopher herownself! Last year it was a little trinket box shaped like the UPS boxes that the products come in. I sat mine in my Christmas tree. Year before I think it was an ornament. Comes packaged really nice with a card from Doris!
2006 - shipping box hinged ornament
2005 - Doris' book hinged ornament
2004 - heritage House hinged ornament

That sounds like a really nice added touch.

BethCooks4U said:
2006 - shipping box hinged ornament
2005 - Doris' book hinged ornament
2004 - heritage House hinged ornament

Little piece of Pampered Chef trivia....Doris collects those kind of hinged boxes. They have a name but I forget it. The NED's gave her one one year as a gift at conference. They talked about it then how she collected them.

Limoges, I think.

My 5th signed on Friday but my 1st when inactive! Ugh! I'm so ready for this!!

PampMomof3 said:
My 5th signed on Friday but my 1st when inactive! Ugh! I'm so ready for this!!

Just keep recruiting Kristi - you can do it!

Kristi,

I signed my 9th today. I have two inactive and two active but quitting. It's so close!

I know I just have to keep at it, too, and it WILL pay off!

I don't know if I shared my "stats". I have four, two are qualified, one is on his way to qualifying. Two are inactive and one is quitting. LOL I had to break it out below, so I would understand. I do have a May recruit coming on. She's just waiting to have her second child.

#1 (inactive, but just temp.)
#2 (inactive never qualified)
#3 (qualified, but quitting)
#4 (on his way to qualifying)

I have a question for current directors: when you get show leads from HO, do you help out your team or do you do them? Just curious what everyone does.

I am Carolyn! Thanks! I am hoping to sign #6 today. That'll be 4 recruits in one month!

Deb, Geez, that's fantastic!!! Great Job!!! You are on such a roll!:D :D :D

AJPratt said:
I don't know if I shared my "stats". I have four, two are qualified, one is on his way to qualifying. Two are inactive and one is quitting. LOL I had to break it out below, so I would understand. I do have a May recruit coming on. She's just waiting to have her second child.

#1 (inactive, but just temp.)
#2 (inactive never qualified)
#3 (qualified, but quitting)
#4 (on his way to qualifying)

I have a question for current directors: when you get show leads from HO, do you help out your team or do you do them? Just curious what everyone does.

Personaly, I keep them. I the way I see it, worked hard to get to this point, so I see it as a perk for me. I do give shows away when I am not availible, especially in the fall. I think I passed on about 4-6 this past season... some of them very good ones

PampMomof3 said:
I am Carolyn! Thanks! I am hoping to sign #6 today. That'll be 4 recruits in one month!

Deb, Geez, that's fantastic!!! Great Job!!! You are on such a roll!:D :D :D

Four in one month?! That's FABULOUS! YOu'll be in the CN for sure!!

ShanaSmith said:
Personaly, I keep them. I the way I see it, worked hard to get to this point, so I see it as a perk for me. I do give shows away when I am not availible, especially in the fall. I think I passed on about 4-6 this past season... some of them very good ones

I am with Shana. HO leads are not meant for us to pass on unless we are unable to serve them properly. I keep my leads unless they need a date I don't have available or something like that. Then I pass them to my downline.

dannyzmom said:
I am with Shana. HO leads are not meant for us to pass on unless we are unable to serve them properly. I keep my leads unless they need a date I don't have available or something like that. Then I pass them to my downline.

My director teases me with them! She always says to me "I can't wait for you to become a director so that you can get some of these leads too!"
Right now, I've told her I am promoting to director this yr. so that we can do the cruise together!! But I'd really like to get in on that lead system too!

Thanks for your input! I'm always curious about what you all do. Sounds like my director does the same as you guys, which is probably what I will do: Pass the show along if I can't do it. She seems to get a ton of leads, and with her busy show schedule, she isn't able to do them all, so she does pass them along. I know, to have such problems! LOL But she really does an awesome job.

Shana/Dannyz: You are absolutely right! You worked very hard to not only become a director but to keep the status as well. I know I could certainly use the leads myself!

Becky: She does the same to me as your dir! She'll say something like, "I can't wait for you to get all of these!" LOL

How many leads do directors get- is there an average? How do they split up the leads (by town or within 20 miles or whatever)? I have 2 directors in my town, but 4 in my area...

Hey, Gillian! I know my director gets a bunch of leads because there aren't many in the area.

the directors go into a pool for the area, I really don't know how big of an area they use. There are three in my town, but I get leads a little farther out that that. To be in the Dir pool you must sell $1250 a month too, so not everyone counts. They rotate the leads to the Dirs that meet their goals. It can vary a lot in the number that you get. Personally I get quite a few, like average 3-5 a month. I have signed 2 this year already and plan to sign another tomorrow. I don't think I have had any show leads yet this year. I couple of small orders though.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies- I am a little weary of accepting directorship April 1st because I only have 5 active that will have just qualified. My sixth says she wants to get into it now (she never did anything) but isn't returning my calls. I just don't want to have to worry every month if I am going to go into the relinquishment cycle. Even if I had one HO lead a month it would make me feel better knowing that I had something even if they don't sign...

And the leads are not all for recruits. They are sales and bookings leads, too.

Gillian, you have a few months before you even can go into relinquishment. I believe it is 3 and then you have 3 more month before you would loose anything. I think the important thing is that your team is also meeting the sales requirement ($4000 a month, including you). That is the one that you could have trouble with after the baby is born if you are the one that is usually doing most of the numbers for your team.

Thanks Shana- I am not worried about the $4000 because I have a great team of 3 and then me, but it is the 2 that don't contribute much that I worry about. If they go inactive then we all go down!

Your team has to do $4000 a month...didn't know that. My 4th will be signing up later this month and I'm still searching for #5.

Here is the director info from Policies & Procedures:

Director
The next step is to qualify as a Director, which means you
must have:
• at least five personally recruited, active qualified
Consultants (not on a personal sales requirement waiver)
• at least three months of active association with
The Pampered Chef®
• submitted a signed Director agreement.
Promotions are effective on the first day of the month
following the month all requirements are met. The
month following the day you have recruited your fifth
Consultant (and have four other active Consultants), the
Home Office will send you a Director agreement. In order
for you to promote, the agreement must be signed and
returned to the Home Office. Details are in the letter
accompanying the agreement. Upon promotion to Director
you receive a 14-karat gold whisk charm.
Beginning Feb. 1, 2007, Directors will receive 250 PC dollars
when they promote to Director for the first time.
(Consultants who have already received Pampered Chef®
dollars for recruiting, but are not yet a Director, will receive
the balance when they promote to Director, up to a total of
250 PC dollars).
After becoming a Director, you may promote to higher
Director levels. Each level has its own requirements. Each
level also offers additional awards and privileges, such as
increased merchandise discounts, commission overrides,
monthly production bonuses, discounted qualifications for
the annual incentive program, and invitations to special
events and seminars.

I saw all that, but I didn't know about the $4000.

LOL! I didn't even realize that it didn't list the $4000! Sorry!

gilliandanielle said:
LOL! I didn't even realize that it didn't list the $4000! Sorry!

It's ok...I read it twice to make sure I wasn't missing it! Lol!

dannyzmom said:
Four in one month?! That's FABULOUS! YOu'll be in the CN for sure!!

It's 4 within a month timespan but not the way PC looks at it. I signed 2 in February and 2 in March so far!! Man, I would love to get another 2 to make it in there!!!!:D

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks ladies- I am a little weary of accepting directorship April 1st because I only have 5 active that will have just qualified. My sixth says she wants to get into it now (she never did anything) but isn't returning my calls. I just don't want to have to worry every month if I am going to go into the relinquishment cycle. Even if I had one HO lead a month it would make me feel better knowing that I had something even if they don't sign...

Hey Gillian ~ remember in December when I was on this board scared to death I wouldn't get # 5 qualified (I DID) to walk at Leadership (an I DID) and then in January 2 went inactive and another in February?? Then my personal and team sales stunk in January & February??

I had stated the same thing that I thought maybe I should have waited to promote????

I "DO NOT" regret promoting at all!!! It has been the driving force wihtin me. It is just a different world as a Director. Kate mentioned how her teammates "respect" and "look up" to her - how do you measure that? How do you measure how a recruit feels when you get the call from her that she just sent in her show that qualifies her....

When you sit down with your team members and show them "the possibile dreams" ... and tehy GET IT!!! That is what I am talking about!!!

I am pushing myself more now than I did to promote....

3-2-1 is working for me this month... I need more shows to get me closer to that 4K in sales each month... I need more shows to get to meet and offer the opportunity to.... I need to GET ON THE phone....

AND ya know what.... I am doing it "FOR ME" - I like the way I am treated as a Director....I like being able to type the word "DIRECTOR" in capitol letters....I like the perks I have already received and I am CERTAINLY looking for more...

Jump on the band wasgon sweetie....

I finally pulled up my "big girl panties" and got over it and made the decision for myself that I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I promoted with only 5.

I will make the rest of the requirements somehow - I will still sweat it until I have a strong enough team to help pull our team through - but isn't it great that this fab company keeps ginving us "one more chance" to succeed...

Sorry for such a long post fellow cheffers- but needed to express a few thoughts...;)

Last edited:
SO I am not a director yet..... I have one recurit.. have to get her qualifed.. and keep recuriting working on two others!!! I am excited about the perks of becoming a director...... but the one major one for me...is just like my business degree that I am working on... when I become a director I will have achomplished a personal goal of mine.!!!

Last edited:
Good thread Kristi:)

Gina: I"m glad you found your big girl panties:p (gosh that could go under another thread, lol!) I love your attitude though!

I just love all of your ideas and input!

Thank you so much Gina- it means a lot to me that you are so honest and not sugar coating everything! I signed #7 last night with #1 inactive so I will have 6 active, 5 qualified when I promote. It makes me feel better knowing that the weight of my team won't fall solely on the weak link. I can not wait to promote and couldn't imagine being able to promote and not doing it...one more question- I read that they send the agreement out when you have 4 qualified and sign #5, but I only have 3 qualified but both are qualifying this week. Will my agreement get here too late? Can I print it off CC? Thanks!

Gil,

I currently have 5 active, qualified recruits and have not seen an agreement come my way. I asked my director and she said they send it after they call you. ???

One of them is going inactive on April 1st, so this is really getting crazy here! I signed #9 on Monday, but must get her qualified now!

I don't think your director was correct Deb. I had 5 and only 5 on my performance tracker only 1 or 2 of them were qualified and they sent me my agreement to sign. I signed it and mailed it back, but I am not a director yet. One gal went inactive before the others qualified. I now have 4 on my team with 1 qualified. They will not send out the letter again. It is filed for when I do promote.

You should've received it as soon as you had 5 signed consultants. All at the same time. In my career I had signed at least 10, but they haven't all been at the same time. Make sense?

Yep, it makes sense.

But what doesn't make sense is why I have not received a director agreement yet!

I am really looking forward to this!!

DebbieJ said:
Yep, it makes sense.

But what doesn't make sense is why I have not received a director agreement yet!

Call your director Deb and she what she says again or Call HO directly.

Did you get an agreement Kristi?

I just called and they're mailing me one.

She said they usually get sent out mid month after you sign your 5th consultant and didn't know why I hadn't received it yet.

Glad to hear it Deb! I will be getting mine soon. I only have 4 (1 went inactive the day my 5th one showed) on my tracker today but will be signing number 6 this week which is technically number 5!! I did talk to my inactive recruit last night and she's taking catalogs to work to try and get some extra income!!!:D We'll see what happens!:D

Great thread Ladies! I remember what you are all going through and it can frazzle the nerves so much. :eek: But hang in there and it WILL come to you. Directorship was not the leap I thought it was going to be...it is better than I thought, but it is more of a mental challenge than I ever thought it would be. (Ok cut the blonde jokes out there!!!:D)
The most valuble thing to me has been when I actually GOT the part about helping others. It is just like showing someone the value of our product and watching their reaction when they see the same great results. Recruiting is more elusive than selling a product. If you are selling the benefits of the food chopper for example, you put the food in and the product wows people. Getting that wow from a recruit is not that instantanious. Yes, they have the honeymoon period but when a recruit sees the BIG picture it is amazing to watch the transformation.
What we all find frustrating is that getting results from a recruit. (such as qualifying and then keeping a consistant business) It is not a easy as selling a product. Going back to the food chopper analogy....if the customer forgot some of your instructions and put too much food in the chopper, they would be unhappy with the results. They may solve this on their own or they may call you. So once they have jumped that hurdle, say they put it in the dishwasher and put it on the low rack and everything warps. You can see that they may just get discouraged enough to say the heck with this! Or they take action, get it replaced and keep trying!
The same thing can happen with a recruit. They have a set back such as a show cancellation or a bad party or run out of bookings. After their 2nd or 3rd set back, they may say to heck with it too. We all hope that they take action to pull their big girl panties on. (what an mental picture that paints!!:eek: ) I still work on this in my own head. I need to take my own advise here too when I say, stay in close contact with your recruits. I am getting better but this is an area I still need work on.
I am getting my frame of mind into an Advanced Director mode now. I have 2 almost 3 future directors. One is strong but still struggles with recruiting and retention. A fourth one that is not an FD yet is very strong and will make it to FD. So now business takes on a whole new level. I am loving it but working full time besides PC makes time management a hurdle for me.:( But I think I need to find those big girl pantie handles and give them a yank, but avoid giving myself a snuggie (or a wedgie!):p

DebbieJ said:
I just called and they're mailing me one.

She said they usually get sent out mid month after you sign your 5th consultant and didn't know why I hadn't received it yet.

I have had 6 recruits for almost 3 months but they weren't qualified... and NO agreement in the mail!!

Should I call HO?

Never hurts to call them.

I currently have 5 active, qualified, personally recruited team members (with 2 inactive) so they should have sent me by now!

I called this afternoon and she said that it should have been sent mid-Feb. I told her I never got anything so she sent one out. Do I have to sign it and get it back to them by the first to get my call? I am getting really worried that this stupid oversight is going to affect my paycheck for April!!

Gillian, once you get it, why not send it back by overnight mail? I did that once with a job application - got me hired RIGHT when I wanted, and not later. :)

I'm thankful that I started this thread because I didn't know that they sent you a director form! Thanks for the heads up so I'll be calling by the end of the month if I don't receive it by then!

I am thankful too because I didn't know either!! I never thought about overnight mail- is that regular mail or FedEx? I always send everything the slowest/cheapest way so I don't know much about fast mail, LOL!

gilliandanielle said:
I am thankful too because I didn't know either!! I never thought about overnight mail- is that regular mail or FedEx? I always send everything the slowest/cheapest way so I don't know much about fast mail, LOL!

Me either Gilian!:p

You can send stuff overnight either through the post office or through fedex - post office was about $10 for overnight but that was... OMG 13 years ago. Fedex and UPS are quite a bit more.But even with the postal increases since then, it can't be TOO bad. Send it with "signature confirmation" too so you know they got it. THAT isn't very expensive.

<h2>1. What are the main benefits of becoming a Director at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef comes with a variety of benefits, including increased earning potential, the opportunity to build a team and mentor others, and the chance to attend exclusive leadership events and trainings.</p><h2>2. How does being a Director at Pampered Chef impact my income?</h2><p>As a Director, you have the potential to earn higher commissions and bonuses based on your team's sales and performance. You also have the opportunity to earn leadership bonuses and incentives, which can significantly increase your income.</p><h2>3. Can you explain the team-building aspect of being a Director?</h2><p>As a Director, you have the opportunity to build and lead a team of consultants. This means you can earn a percentage of your team's sales, as well as bonuses for helping them achieve their goals. You also have the chance to mentor and support your team members, which can be incredibly rewarding.</p><h2>4. Are there any exclusive events or trainings for Directors?</h2><p>Yes, as a Director, you have access to exclusive leadership events and trainings where you can learn from top-performing leaders, network with other Directors, and gain valuable skills and insights to help you grow your business.</p><h2>5. How can becoming a Director benefit my overall career and personal growth?</h2><p>Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef can be a valuable addition to your resume and demonstrate your leadership skills, which can be beneficial for future career opportunities. Additionally, being a Director allows you to develop and improve your leadership and communication skills, and gain confidence in yourself and your abilities.</p>

1. What are the main benefits of becoming a Director at Pampered Chef?

Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef comes with a variety of benefits, including increased earning potential, the opportunity to build a team and mentor others, and the chance to attend exclusive leadership events and trainings.

2. How does being a Director at Pampered Chef impact my income?

As a Director, you have the potential to earn higher commissions and bonuses based on your team's sales and performance. You also have the opportunity to earn leadership bonuses and incentives, which can significantly increase your income.

3. Can you explain the team-building aspect of being a Director?

As a Director, you have the opportunity to build and lead a team of consultants. This means you can earn a percentage of your team's sales, as well as bonuses for helping them achieve their goals. You also have the chance to mentor and support your team members, which can be incredibly rewarding.

4. Are there any exclusive events or trainings for Directors?

Yes, as a Director, you have access to exclusive leadership events and trainings where you can learn from top-performing leaders, network with other Directors, and gain valuable skills and insights to help you grow your business.

5. How can becoming a Director benefit my overall career and personal growth?

Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef can be a valuable addition to your resume and demonstrate your leadership skills, which can be beneficial for future career opportunities. Additionally, being a Director allows you to develop and improve your leadership and communication skills, and gain confidence in yourself and your abilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefNic
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • phatratz
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jcsmilez