• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Steel Cleaner on Forged Cutlery?

In summary, the SS cleaner works great on removing rust from knives. However, it is not effective on removing spots from flatware.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a few teeny tiny spots on my knives. Rust? I don't know what it is exactly. I wondering if it's because I didn't dry it right away after washing? But can the SS cleaner get this off? It looks kindof bad for my shows. :(

Sounds like a warranty issue to me. I'd call HO.

My knife did the same thing! Let me know what you figure out!!

I had that happen to one of my guests too and they called the HO and were told to return it...

babywings76 said:
I have a few teeny tiny spots on my knives. Rust? I don't know what it is exactly. I wondering if it's because I didn't dry it right away after washing? But can the SS cleaner get this off? It looks kindof bad for my shows. :(

The SS cleaner works GREAT for that! I have used it on one of my forged knives and on my flatware. And no spots have returned.

I am glad I am not the only one thinking some was wrong. But my utlity knife I got in my kit has rusted in spots. Let me know if you call ho and what they say I am have been wondering about this too.

Oh my gosh! I noticed tiny spots on my UK today, and was also wondering about the SS cleaner!! I really don't want to be without my knife, so I'd rather try the cleaner than have to call HO.

I am not pushing those knives anymore. I see many problems regarding the lifetime guarantee.

My chef knife tip is bent. The utility and boning knife are rusting.

I have a Wustoff? 20-yr-old knife without these problems. Not sure of the brand - I'd have to go look at it. I bought it when we first married, and it had lasted this long and is still sharp. It didn't bend or rust the 1st year of our marriage.

kspry said:
I am not pushing those knives anymore. I see many problems regarding the lifetime guarantee.

My chef knife tip is bent. The utility and boning knife are rusting.

I have a Wustoff? 20-yr-old knife without these problems. Not sure of the brand - I'd have to go look at it. I bought it when we first married, and it had lasted this long and is still sharp. It didn't bend or rust the 1st year of our marriage.

Call HO and tell them! That's what the lifetime guarantee is for! :)

BethCooks4U said:
The SS cleaner works GREAT for that! I have used it on one of my forged knives and on my flatware. And no spots have returned.

Yeah!!! What Beth says!:)

I have used the SS cleaner on my forged cutlery knives and it works beautiful. I LOVE these knives and proudly sell them. I am glad that the knives in sharpening cases have had the warrenty changed to 5 years. They are a good knife but not a lifetime warrenty quality knife.

thanks for letting me know that you have tried this with success, I was nervous to try for fear of ruining them.

Just used it today on two different knives. My dishwasher is out of commission so I am not keeping up on my handwashing!! They are more likely to have the occassional spots!!

What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef forged cutlery?

The best way to clean your Pampered Chef forged cutlery is to use a gentle, non-abrasive stainless steel cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scouring pads, as they can damage the finish of the cutlery.

Can I use a dishwasher to clean my Pampered Chef forged cutlery?

No, we do not recommend using a dishwasher to clean your Pampered Chef forged cutlery. The high heat and harsh detergents can cause the cutlery to corrode or lose its shine over time.

How often should I clean my Pampered Chef forged cutlery?

It is best to clean your Pampered Chef forged cutlery after each use. This will help prevent any food or bacteria from building up on the surface and keep your cutlery looking its best.

Can I use a regular stainless steel cleaner on my Pampered Chef forged cutlery?

While you can use a regular stainless steel cleaner on your Pampered Chef forged cutlery, we recommend using a cleaner specifically designed for stainless steel to ensure the best results and prevent any potential damage to the cutlery.

How should I store my Pampered Chef forged cutlery?

The best way to store your Pampered Chef forged cutlery is in a knife block or sheath to protect the blades and keep them from getting dull. If you do not have a knife block or sheath, make sure to store them in a safe place where they will not come into contact with other sharp objects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kathijenkins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies