• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forged Cutlery Breaking Tips: Anyone Else Having Problems?

In summary, several people have had problems with their forged knives because the tips have broken off. The best way to avoid this is to store your knives upright, and if you do have a problem, make sure to let the company know so that they can help fix it.
robinlkoch
Is anyone else having problems with people returning their forged cutlery because they are breaking the tips off? I have returned four so far! One utility, 2 chef's and 1 santuko. Thank goodness for our guarentee, but...I have a consultant who has a customer that after two different knives doing this is getting a refund. I LOVE my knives and am frustrated that others seem to have problems with them.:grumpy:

I have had one (new 3" paring knife) with a bent tip.
Wasn't broken off, it was this way when she opened it up.

Kelly V.

I haven't had any problems with this!

I haven't had any problems with this. I have sold many forged cutlery products since they were released. Had to help a few folks with the carbon "rust" issue that can occur (Bar Keeper's Friend to the resuce) and 1 santouko that a gal returned for a refund cause she felt it was to big for her hands.

I have 2 professional chefs who have pretty much the entire collection and they are used well and often, no problems.

But...if you are seeing problem, I strongly recommend that in addtion to helping facililate a return/refund/exhchange, whatever, that you send a SEPERATE email to solution center indicating your concern. The more people who do this, the better chance that problems that can be corrected ARE.

I DROPPED a Chef's Knife:eek: It stuck in the host's wood floor, and bent over, breaking the tip.

Was not my best moment in the show:eek:

If people are storing their knives upright (like in a TTA), it can weaken the tips and cause them to break off.

The tip of my santoku broke off. A very small part so I haven't returned it yet.

I bent the chef knife tip slicing a watermelon in half...I was not happy. I do store mine in a drawer in their cases. I thought I was a fluke as I am very clumsy in the kitchen!

Sallie_M said:
I DROPPED a Chef's Knife:eek: It stuck in the host's wood floor, and bent over, breaking the tip.

Was not my best moment in the show:eek:
Better the floor than your toe! :eek:
A very dear friend dropped a stone on a host's tile floor and cracked 2 stones (the host was taking it from her hands unexpectedly). We've all had mishaps! :angel:

1. What makes Pampered Chef's Forged Cutlery different from other brands?

Pampered Chef's Forged Cutlery is made from high-quality German stainless steel, which is known for its durability and resistance to corrosion. Our knives are also forged, meaning the blade is heated and shaped under intense pressure, resulting in a stronger and more durable edge.

2. How often should I sharpen my Forged Cutlery knives?

To maintain the best performance, we recommend sharpening your Forged Cutlery knives every 6-12 months with a honing steel. If you use your knives frequently, it may be necessary to sharpen them more often.

3. Can I put my Forged Cutlery knives in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting your Forged Cutlery knives in the dishwasher. The harsh detergents and high heat can damage the blades and handles. Instead, we recommend hand washing and drying them immediately after use.

4. How do I store my Forged Cutlery knives?

We recommend storing your Forged Cutlery knives in a knife block or on a magnetic strip to protect the blades and prevent them from getting dull. If storing in a drawer, use blade guards to protect the edges and keep them separate from other utensils.

5. What is the warranty for Forged Cutlery knives?

Pampered Chef offers a lifetime guarantee on our Forged Cutlery knives against defects in material or workmanship. If you experience any issues with your knives, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • erin.tpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies