• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Quick Parenting Hack: Get Your Kids to Nap in Just 4 Minutes!

In summary, The Home Office (HO) will be hosting 20 Spring Events and 20 Fall Events instead of individual fall kick offs. There will also be a Leadership Conference in 2012 which is open to Team Leaders and above. It will take place on September 13-15 in Denver and have a $200 registration fee. Registration for the Fall Launches starts November 8th and will cost $55. Feedback from consultants has indicated that it is getting harder to invest time and money in two conferences each year, so the HO hopes that this will reach more consultants than ever before and ignite their 2012 year with energy and recognition. Executive seminars will be held in January and April, and HO will be hosting New Director Academy and Upper Level Academy events throughout the year. The Home Office will post all of these dates and other information to CC on Monday.
And that concludes the call.

So, what does everyone think? I think the theory sounds fabulous. Hoping that more of my stateside team members will attend. I'm doubting they'll have a class in Japan. :p

You're welcome! :D(I think my 2 FINALLY went to sleep!)

thanks for the info!

I just signed up for conference club. I am not going to miss Leadership!! I came so close to not going to conference this year due to $$.

I was floored by the announcement of no National Conference, but I like that they will be doing more local launches and reaching more people. I am going to promote the heck of Leadership to get people to promote to attend.

Sheila said:
And that concludes the call.

So, what does everyone think?

Not as exciting as I had hoped it would be. But at least it's not bad news.

Although I have NO idea how my D thought this would help us book Jan shows...

Sheila said:
They want this to excite & inspire more consultants than ever before.

They got a standing ovation on Mon when they shared with NED

ED & SED were all excited on Tue like the NED's were on Mon.

20 Spring Events, 20 Fall Events ~ What could that mean for our businesses? No more individual fall kick offs. We can focus on developing leaders & letting HO handle the events.

NC just hasn't been the draw to provide the big picture to so many people. They hope this will reach 20,000 or more consultants ... not just 5,000.

Love this, because I am tiring of our in house launch events. Same old, same old, ya know?

Sheila said:
LC is open to TL & above. Hopefully this will encourage more to promote.

If you have a C or SC who is an Excellence Award Achiever, they will be invited to achieve LC.

this past year, we had ONE C and ONE SC who earned an Excellence Award. So it's rare!

Event happening: Sept 13-15 in Denver ($200 Registration Fee)

I *loved* Leadership in Denver in 09. It's a great location.

Well, with NC Attendance declining, they have to do SOMETHING. And as a side note, while it may cost more to do the 40 sites and a Leadership, I think that because McCormick and the city of Chicago DID raise their prices & taxes for conferences (along with 3 days of transportation and food), it may all be a wash in the end.Why are we going back to Denver? I want to go somewhere WARM!!! Not that I can go anyway -- it's my husband's 50th birthday....

I like the local events. Getting newer and more hobby/part time consultants to commit to three days away from home not to mention the expense, was DIFFICULT!Although I would love a Chicagoland location. Milwaukee??? WTF??Colleen, looks like you're going to Toledo.

My SL is just a 30 min drive away :)

DebbieJ said:
Colleen, looks like you're going to Toledo.

I know. GAG! If I can't inspire them to go to Chicago, how I can I get ANYONE to go to Toledo in February? :sick:

DebbieJ said:
I like the local events. Getting newer and more hobby/part time consultants to commit to three days away from home not to mention the expense, was DIFFICULT!

Although I would love a Chicagoland location. Milwaukee??? WTF??

Colleen, looks like you're going to Toledo.

Hey! Milwaukee is nice - amd still a day trip for you.

bethcooks4u said:

Toledo is about an hour from me. But I can't count on it being a day trip... this year at our spring launch, they called it 2.5 hours early because we were getting DUMPED with snow. My 30 minute drive to get there took 90 minutes to get home. Jan/Feb is just too iffy for us. Who knows... it also could be 60F that day!! Guess we'll find out...

:(

bethcooks4u said:

I would rather drive to Western MI than go up to Wisconsin. I'm down on the south side of Chicago and just do not want to deal with going north through Chicagoland at any time of day.

But I will likely go and try to take team members with me.

Thanks for posting b/c I FORGOT to get on the phone until 45 min. in!!!

finley1991 said:
Toledo is about an hour from me. But I can't count on it being a day trip... this year at our spring launch, they called it 2.5 hours early because we were getting DUMPED with snow. My 30 minute drive to get there took 90 minutes to get home. Jan/Feb is just too iffy for us. Who knows... it also could be 60F that day!! Guess we'll find out...

:(

I'm in NC and we often get snow and ice storms that time of year making it impossible to travel our roads too. I lived in WI before this. We could handle much more in WI but I do get it and we all have the same issues in late Jan and early Feb ...well except maybe FL.

I really hope these events turn out good... our SL wasn't all that great and no one was bummed to be leaving early. And right in the room next door was the regional cheerleading championships... so we were *treated* to 5 hours of screaming kids, tweens and teens, angry arguing mothers in the bathrooms and the thumping super-loud dance music. We couldn't hear the videos at all because of the music volume. Poor Karin Logstin. She didn't know what to do and carried on the best she could but we could tell she was really bummed.I know these are things PC can't control, it's just hard to get people to want to come back after an experience like that... Soooo... maybe we can brainstorm ways to inspire our teams to go, especially those who have never attended? I just can't get my peeps to want to go.... if they work during the week, they want the weekends with their families... but with the new blood I have on my team, maybe that will help...

finley1991 said:
I really hope these events turn out good... our SL wasn't all that great and no one was bummed to be leaving early. And right in the room next door was the regional cheerleading championships... so we were *treated* to 5 hours of screaming kids, tweens and teens, angry arguing mothers in the bathrooms and the thumping super-loud dance music. We couldn't hear the videos at all because of the music volume. Poor Karin Logstin. She didn't know what to do and carried on the best she could but we could tell she was really bummed.

I know these are things PC can't control, it's just hard to get people to want to come back after an experience like that...

Soooo... maybe we can brainstorm ways to inspire our teams to go, especially those who have never attended? I just can't get my peeps to want to go.... if they work during the week, they want the weekends with their families... but with the new blood I have on my team, maybe that will help...
I am more worried about those who went last year. They didn't feel it was worth it at all. The energy level wasn't there and the training minimal but according to the call they are stepping it up.

On another note, the bus drivers were saying it was the last year in Chicago when we were waiting on a bus from the Hyatt after hours. They were upset because they looked forward to us every year. They even mentioned that they really felt it when they cut from 3 conferences to one. So I wasn't suprised by the move from Chicago. I am surprised by no NC though. It's not a bad move, just unexpected.

Now on the D call, people are pitching to get an event near their city. Lots of complaints about the possibility of bad weather and long drives in Jan/Feb. The positive spin is that now these people will have a FL to go to. So not everybody goes to 2 events. Still to get consultants to one event will be one more event than most of them go to.

Shame on them for fussing! LOL

I completely understand people being upset about not having a location near them and weather concerns. Very valid. It's just not the thing I want to hear on a national call. Maybe if they had phrased it as "have you given consideration to the smaller markets and people who have to travel, esp. in the upper half of the country in Jan/Feb...." rather than focusing on their specific city. People who have these travel problems, esp. the stories from last year, need to let HO know.

Becca_in_MD said:
Now on the D call, people are pitching to get an event near their city. Lots of complaints about the possibility of bad weather and long drives in Jan/Feb. The positive spin is that now these people will have a FL to go to. So not everybody goes to 2 events. Still to get consultants to one event will be one more event than most of them go to.

I hung up when it started to go there. After the initial info, everyone naturally thinks about how it's going to effect them personally.

But I have faith in HO and hopefully it will be great. I think a lot of reason that attendance at NC is down is for 2 reasons... first, economics... people just don't have the $$ for it and second, with the internet, smart phones, etc... we get info so fast... instantaneous almost. There's no urgency. When I started PC, we all attended our monthly meetings because that's the ONLY way we got the info until our CN arrived in the mail! LOL! Now everyone can get everything they need with a few mouse-clicks. It's a sign of the times I guess....

There were some great suggestions at the end of the D call that Jean and Dan seemed excited about like Whirlwind at SL and FL and earning the registration... I thought the concerns about weather were well grounded. We have to pay a non-refundable registration and the weather could keep us from safe travel during that time in most parts of the country. HO needs to hear that. Someone suggested a video conference in the case of bad weather which they again thought might be something to look at. Of course the excitement would be at the event... Colleen you are so right! My team used to be so anxious for the meeting after NC to see the products and get the info. Now they have it before I can even call them.

I'm surprised HO hadn't thought about some of the elements of National that would disappear, ie. the Whirlwind Shopping Spree and Merrill shopping. I'm glad people asked about those. Unless they were pretending or Jean wasn't in on the full details (doubt it), it sounded like a new idea to them to have those opportunities at the launches. Did they ever read our feedback from previous SLs? I coulda sworn I said it would be good to have Merrill try-on pieces there.

Overall, I think this is a great move on PC's part, both personally and for my team. More opportunities for people to get HO training and exposure to the big picture. A new location for a national meeting. I did miss the opportunity to go to new places each year. And if you don't go to Leadership, then a lot less money out of pocket, at least for me since I won't have to fork out for airfare and hotel, though I understand some people may still have those expenses though hopefully not as high as Chicago was. People will get their recognition at Leadership.

I've been toying with the idea of a retreat-type thing... maybe I can incorporate it into the night before Spring Launch or the night of... that way if they drink too much they won't be hung over for the HO event! LOL! I might have to think about this more...

finley1991 said:
I really hope these events turn out good... our SL wasn't all that great and no one was bummed to be leaving early. And right in the room next door was the regional cheerleading championships... so we were *treated* to 5 hours of screaming kids, tweens and teens, angry arguing mothers in the bathrooms and the thumping super-loud dance music. We couldn't hear the videos at all because of the music volume. Poor Karin Logstin. She didn't know what to do and carried on the best she could but we could tell she was really bummed.

I know these are things PC can't control, it's just hard to get people to want to come back after an experience like that...

Soooo... maybe we can brainstorm ways to inspire our teams to go, especially those who have never attended? I just can't get my peeps to want to go.... if they work during the week, they want the weekends with their families... but with the new blood I have on my team, maybe that will help...

I had several new(er) consultants with me for that SL - and it was such a mess. - we all had headaches by the end of the day. There were other things too, like the woman bragging about booking the event director, and calling out the other consultant by name who was related to him, saying "too bad, so sad for you - I got the booking" as part of her "motivational" talk.
It was hard to keep the talk positive on the way home. Between the cheerleaders all.day.long. and the negative speaker, I had first time attendees who felt like it wasn't worth the time or money. So, yes - how to we get them to come back again?

Chefbeckyd said:
I had several new(er) consultants with me for that SL - and it was such a mess. - we all had headaches by the end of the day. There were other things too, like the woman bragging about booking the event director, and calling out the other consultant by name who was related to him, saying "too bad, so sad for you - I got the booking" as part of her "motivational" talk.
It was hard to keep the talk positive on the way home. Between the cheerleaders all.day.long. and the negative speaker, I had first time attendees who felt like it wasn't worth the time or money. So, yes - how to we get them to come back again?

I forgot about the testimonial... that was horrid. I must have blocked it out!!!

Becky, we'll have to put our heads together to think of something!!

Has anyone participated in the Master Prospecting Program that was mentioned?

LOL We will be traveling to Baltimore again this year. That's about 4hrs commute each way. Can't even say we can get out and enjoy the city this year as its in January. Last year was a TREAT as it was in the 60s in B'More for SL and it was only 40 where we hail from. Now we just pray for no snow storms.

I cant wait to see where the cooking shows will be and I am personally VERY excited to see a different city. I LOVE chicago but since I take vacation to go, I enjoy getting to visit different places I would normally never get to.

Most of all - LOOKING FORWARD to meeting more of you all!!!!

I'm going to miss National Conference. Spring Launch was a long day - one day sitting in the same seat all day, felt like a work conference. I like National Conference because you see so much more, consultants from every demographics and consultants could communicate with others consultants - because it was 3 days (not one). If you had a bad workshop, the next one would be better. I'm just worried we won't have the ah-has.PLUS I'm going to miss seeing my friends at conference the most and trading ideas (Yes BETH I'm talking about YOU (and Sandy)).

finley1991 said:
I know. GAG! If I can't inspire them to go to Chicago, how I can I get ANYONE to go to Toledo in February? :sick:

My group is going to be in Toledo too.

Malinda Klein said:
My group is going to be in Toledo too.

Great! It will be fun to meet you! :)

Malinda Klein said:
I'm going to miss National Conference. Spring Launch was a long day - one day sitting in the same seat all day, felt like a work conference.

I like National Conference because you see so much more, consultants from every demographics and consultants could communicate with others consultants - because it was 3 days (not one). If you had a bad workshop, the next one would be better. I'm just worried we won't have the ah-has.

PLUS I'm going to miss seeing my friends at conference the most and trading ideas (Yes BETH I'm talking about YOU (and Sandy)).

Awe. :blushing: :candyheart: Well, we will still have Leadership and it will be somewhat more intimate so more chances to get together - I remember the old leadership conferences/summits being that way! Sandy said she's "bummed" because she "always enjoyed visiting Chicago". I told her we get to see new places and she still can look forward to New Director Academy AT home office. Maybe this is what will finally get her moving toward her goal of promoting!

I listened in on the TL call - and I swear Jean sounded extremely BORED! I know she'd already done this same call several times, but she really sounded bored out of her mind on the call.

pamperedlinda said:
I listened in on the TL call - and I swear Jean sounded extremely BORED! I know she'd already done this same call several times, but she really sounded bored out of her mind on the call.

Could have been that some of the follow up questions from the Director's call tired her out! While there were some good suggestions, there were some more drawn out "fussy" questions/comments too that could have been generalized to be more relevant to all.

Ok I am REALLY going to miss Chicago. Both the conference and the city. Our spring launch was one of the most things I have ever been to in my life. My problem with regionals is that they get local upper level directors to share---and I've heard most of them. We had someone fro HO who literally READ HER SCRIPT on stage. Really? I get that they are motivating our teams but I was bored to death. She was really boring. And I love Chicago. It was always my favorite city... Hope this works for them. Being selfish for now, I'll get over it. But it's the end of an era....

Since I have been in the biz 18 months, I admit I will miss Chicago (two NCs for me) BUT, having been to Chicago several times, I am excited to have LC in different spots because I LOVE to travel!

Denver is a six hour drive from here, September is a beautiful time to be there.

For us in New Mexico, our spring launch in January is in PHOENIX...HELLO! LOVE Phoenix in January!! I 'could' go to Denver but in February?? NO thank you!! I do hope that they put more OOMPH in spring launch and fall launch or they may see a decline in those attendances too.

PHX is a 45 min flight and less than $125 on Southwest yippee!! OR it is an 8 hour drive.

I think a LOT of my team will jump on the Phoenix train. My AD (and recruiter) lives in PHX and another PC'er lives in Phx so we have plenty of places to stay if we wish OR someone has already brought up booking a RESORT! LOL

Malinda Klein said:
I'm going to miss National Conference. Spring Launch was a long day - one day sitting in the same seat all day, felt like a work conference.

I like National Conference because you see so much more, consultants from every demographics and consultants could communicate with others consultants - because it was 3 days (not one). If you had a bad workshop, the next one would be better. I'm just worried we won't have the ah-has.

PLUS I'm going to miss seeing my friends at conference the most and trading ideas (Yes BETH I'm talking about YOU (and Sandy)).

I'm with you Malinda! I like the familiarity of knowing how to get around after having gone for yrs. Plus, I never worried about what I didn't get to see b/c I knew I'd be back next yr. SL just doesn't do it for me. Long and at times boring. I hope they come through with the "jazz" of conference that they are promising.

I do like having Leadership again. I got to attend the last one they did and it rocked!

Wasn't everything to be online today? I looked many times and nothing was posted. Am I just missing it?

It's up now. 2012 Meetings, first tab under Consultant and Leadership Training. They don't have the wording right under the Fall Launch headline. Wow, Baltimore is getting both Spring and Fall launches. How did the other cities do? I hope the cities are spread out more between the two seasons. I know they can't do the really expensive cities like NYC, DC, Boston... Maybe we'll get those for Leadership :goodluck:I guess the e-mail went out to Cs and SCs since there's a Jean video there.

I have not listened to the call but what little I have heard disappoints me...but I am also trying to look on the bright side as well. Once I have time to digest the information, things will look just fine with me. Very disappointed in the September Leadership. This is the month that is the worst for me to get away with my job. Guess I am just seeing more barriers...again.

Debbie Downer signing off for tonight!!!

Oy... Columbus for us. 4 hours. or 5 if we go to Chicago suburbs. I guess I have a year to figure it all out... too tired tonight to wrap my head around it...

Both locations are no less than 4 hours for me...almost 5 hours for a few of my team members. South Florida gets shafted every time.

And the fact that HO will not be lining up hotels is going to make things difficult as well... trying not to be uber negative here. I REALLY hope they offer us some good support in promoting this to our teams to go...

Becca_in_MD said:
Wow, Baltimore is getting both Spring and Fall launches. How did the other cities do?

We are in OMAHA, NE for both of them ... 2 1/2 hours for us one way. Very excited about the new plan, I will miss Chicago, but ready to embrace some change and get my team re-excited about life!

I noticed Hartford got Spring but Springfield MA got Fall. Not too far apart, except further to Springfield if you're coming from NY.

I see San Antonio got both.

I'm so spoiled. Just a straight shot 30-min. drive for me. To me it's a no-brainer for anyone on my team to go.

I'm not sure they're going to stick with Sept. for Leadership every year since kids are in school. They know it's never going to be a perfect time for everyone - just like scheduling our shows. DH just got back from a week of travel. I think his annual meeting is this same time every year, though one of the times it was in Boulder. Now wouldn't that be interesting - traveling to CO together. I go to PC conferences to get away from the family!

Atlanta got both too (just south of the city near the airport, College Park). It's nice for me because it's less than an hour drive, but I will miss hanging out with everyone and getting away for a few days....my bank account will be happy though.

I was talking to my NED today and she asked me what I thought about it. I told her that I have mixed emotions, but that I sure hope they put some excitement into these regional meetings as I think they have been BORING! She said that was addressed at Exec Seminar last week and that HO does have plans to bring in more excitement. I sure hope so :)

Along with conference and seeing all of you, I will miss Garrett popcorn, deep dish pizza and our yearly trip to Travern at the Park. I will not miss the long expensive trip!

Carolyn I know what you mean about being shafted! Nothing in NY state. So it is a 6 hour ride for us to Hartford, CT.

September is probably completely out for me. I would need to take a Wed, Thursday and Friday off at the busiest time of the year for my job so I will not be with my downline teams or networking with anyone outside of my area and no leadership training from HO...:mad::grumpy::mad::grumpy:

pamperedlinda said:
Atlanta got both too (just south of the city near the airport, College Park). It's nice for me because it's less than an hour drive, but I will miss hanging out with everyone and getting away for a few days....my bank account will be happy though.

I was talking to my NED today and she asked me what I thought about it. I told her that I have mixed emotions, but that I sure hope they put some excitement into these regional meetings as I think they have been BORING! She said that was addressed at Exec Seminar last week and that HO does have plans to bring in more excitement. I sure hope so :)

Jean was saying this during the director call too. She and Dan pretty much promised that the Launches will have more pazzaz. They said that they plan to bring more of the NC excitement to them.

baychef said:
Along with conference and seeing all of you, I will miss Garrett popcorn, deep dish pizza and our yearly trip to Travern at the Park. I will not miss the long expensive trip!

Carolyn I know what you mean about being shafted! Nothing in NY state. So it is a 6 hour ride for us to Hartford, CT.

September is probably completely out for me. I would need to take a Wed, Thursday and Friday off at the busiest time of the year for my job so I will not be with my downline teams or networking with anyone outside of my area and no leadership training from HO...:mad::grumpy::mad::grumpy:

Ann:
You are that far away from Hartford? I know for me its 2 hours :( But I'll most likely stay over night :) I'm sure I'll do the same for FL in Springfield MA :)

<h2>1. How does this parenting hack work?</h2><p>This parenting hack involves using a specific sequence of calming actions and techniques to help your child relax and fall asleep quickly. By following this routine consistently, your child will learn to associate these actions with nap time and will be more likely to fall asleep in just 4 minutes.</p><h2>2. Is this parenting hack suitable for all ages?</h2><p>This parenting hack can be used for children of all ages, but it may not work as effectively for older children who have already established a bedtime routine. It is most effective for younger children who may struggle with napping on their own.</p><h2>3. Can I modify this parenting hack to fit my child's specific needs?</h2><p>Yes, this parenting hack can be modified to fit your child's individual needs. You know your child best, so feel free to adjust the routine as needed to make it work for your child.</p><h2>4. How long should I use this parenting hack for before expecting to see results?</h2><p>Consistency is key with this parenting hack, so it is recommended to use it for at least a few weeks before expecting to see significant results. Some children may catch on quicker than others, so be patient and keep trying.</p><h2>5. Can I use this parenting hack for bedtime as well?</h2><p>While this parenting hack was specifically designed for nap time, it can also be used for bedtime. However, it may take longer than 4 minutes for your child to fall asleep at bedtime, as they may have more energy and excitement at the end of the day.</p>

1. How does this parenting hack work?

This parenting hack involves using a specific sequence of calming actions and techniques to help your child relax and fall asleep quickly. By following this routine consistently, your child will learn to associate these actions with nap time and will be more likely to fall asleep in just 4 minutes.

2. Is this parenting hack suitable for all ages?

This parenting hack can be used for children of all ages, but it may not work as effectively for older children who have already established a bedtime routine. It is most effective for younger children who may struggle with napping on their own.

3. Can I modify this parenting hack to fit my child's specific needs?

Yes, this parenting hack can be modified to fit your child's individual needs. You know your child best, so feel free to adjust the routine as needed to make it work for your child.

4. How long should I use this parenting hack for before expecting to see results?

Consistency is key with this parenting hack, so it is recommended to use it for at least a few weeks before expecting to see significant results. Some children may catch on quicker than others, so be patient and keep trying.

5. Can I use this parenting hack for bedtime as well?

While this parenting hack was specifically designed for nap time, it can also be used for bedtime. However, it may take longer than 4 minutes for your child to fall asleep at bedtime, as they may have more energy and excitement at the end of the day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • lesliec