• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Can I Incorporate Math into a Kids Cooking Camp and Keep Parents Involved?

In summary, to incorporate math into cooking for a Kids Cooking Camp, you can have different stations focusing on different math concepts and involve parents by giving them specific tasks and allowing them to participate in activities such as creating a recipe book or providing feedback.
pamela
I am doing a Kids Cooking Camp in July and want some input about incorporating math into cooking. The age range is 8-12, and I want to keep it interesting for the whole group.
I have decided that even though most kids behave better when their parents aren't around, I will need the mom or dad to stay in order for this to be considered successful as far as building my business goes. Any tips on how to keep the parent involved but not to have them take over?

TIA!

One way to keep the parent involved but not take over is to have them in a support role. Give them tasks such as helping to measure out ingredients or setting up the workspace. This gives the parent an opportunity to participate, while still allowing the kids to take the lead in the cooking process. Additionally, you could have the parents help with tasks such as checking for understanding or providing feedback about the final product. Another idea would be to have some side activities for the parents, such as having them help the kids develop a recipe book or a scrapbook of all their creations from the camp. Finally, engage the parents by having them help plan the menu for the week or ask for their feedback about what the kids learned in each session.

That's a great idea to incorporate math into cooking for the Kids Cooking Camp! One way to keep it interesting for the whole group could be to have different stations set up where the kids can measure and mix ingredients for different recipes. For example, one station could focus on fractions while making a pizza, another could focus on multiplication while making cookies, and so on. This way, the kids can rotate between stations and learn different math concepts while also getting to try a variety of dishes.As for involving parents, you could have them assist with setting up and cleaning up, but also designate specific tasks for them to do with their child. This way, they can still be involved and help their child learn, but not take over the entire activity. Additionally, you could have a brief presentation or demonstration at the end of the camp where the kids can showcase what they learned and the parents can see their progress.Good luck with your cooking camp and building your business! I'm sure the kids and parents will have a great time.

Related to How Can I Incorporate Math into a Kids Cooking Camp and Keep Parents Involved?

1. How long are the cooking shows for kids?

The cooking shows for kids typically last between 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the age group and the complexity of the recipes.

2. What age groups are the cooking shows suitable for?

Our cooking shows are suitable for children ages 5-12 years old. We offer different levels of difficulty for different age groups to ensure a fun and educational experience for all.

3. Do you provide all the ingredients and supplies for the cooking shows?

Yes, all ingredients and supplies needed for the cooking shows will be provided. We want to make the experience as easy and stress-free as possible for both the children and parents.

4. Can parents stay and watch the cooking show?

Yes, parents are welcome to stay and watch the cooking show. We encourage parental involvement and support during the cooking process.

5. Are children with food allergies or dietary restrictions accommodated during the cooking shows?

Yes, we take allergies and dietary restrictions seriously and will make accommodations for children with special dietary needs. Please let us know in advance so we can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
puffinsplace
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies