• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting Bookings: Overcoming Phone Shyness and Training New Recruits

In summary, Connie has been trying to get bookings since her surgery, but is having difficulty because she is phone shy. Scott suggests that she relax, follow scripts, and listen to "Let's Talk Promotions" to help herconfidence. Connie also recommends some scripts and books to help her increase her sales.
KCPChef
Hi Everyone! I haven't been on here in a while- I need some advice! I currently have 1 recruit who is FABULOUS! And I actually have 5 more people that I am curretnly working with that want to join by the end of the summer! YAY! But my dilemma is that I had surgery, so I had to take a month off, and now that I need to gear back up- I am having trouble getting bookings. I have people to call, but I am so phone shy! Does anyone recommend anything that might help? I want to be a good leader and become a director, but I feel as though I cannot train these new women well if I can't even make a good phone call... any ideas to help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Does anyone have anything that might help me? Thanks

Are you wanting help on making phone calls or training? The post was unclear.If you want help making phone calls, the best advice is to just relax, whip out your business guide and follow the scripts -- they're good. Also, go to CC and listen to "Let's Talk Promotions" (find it in the download center). They'll give you words to say.

Yes, you have to learn confidence in your ability to be successful before you can convey that energy on to your recruits. ;)Go back through the training videos on Consultants Corner and the audio tapes and do what you need to do to get YOUR business back up & running. As you are learning things that work for you, you'll want to pass those suggestions along to your recruits.You can also order the "Guide to Supporting New Consultants" off the supply order for additional tips. ;)

The biggest thing that will help is - a change in mindset. That you have people to call but you are so phone-shy, is the place to begin. If you have people to call, they are future business. [If you don't provide them the business, they will get it from another consultant!] These folks have either an interest in a "customer care checkup" call or a "which of my two available dates works better for you" call. If you are too shy to ask for what you know you need, get over yourself already...you are a direct sales professional. You need to be direct, you need to direct yourself. Phone-shy is a mindset of scarcity, a mindset of they're too busy doing something important, a mindset of your inability and your insecurity. It's Not About YOU! Providing good customer service is the model Doris Christopher displayed - go get motivated by checking out one of her books from the library.

Here's a Dr. Seuss poem I read and re-read to my children that applies:
(from I had trouble in getting to Solla Solleu)
...I learned there are troubles of more than one kind
...Some come from ahead and some come from behind
...But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see?
...Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me.

Here is a "bat" for you: the remedy for fear is not courage - the remedy for fear is LOVE. Do you love what you do? Pick up the phone! Do you love saving people money? Call them and tell them! Do you love this business? Tell everyone you see!

Probably you would benefit from some good scripts. They give you confidence, particularly knowing they are the words that have worked for others. Here are some I've used, but there are tens of them under FILES.

Good luck; God bless!

Attachments

• bookings%20script[1].doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 700
  • connect_w_customers.pdf
    78.2 KB · Views: 471
  • Customer Care Call Objections.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 428
  • Customer Care Calls Scripts.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 514
  • voicemail power.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 513
Scott, as always you are inspiring! These words are so helpful to me, i am sure they will be to others that read it too!

It was great meeting you in person at conference!

Have a great weekend!

Cary
wpb, fl

Wow, Scott, Thanks....I so needed that as well.

OMG, Thank you Scott. I just seem to flounder once someone answers and all my thoughts of what I would say fly out of my head.

Scott, you are an amazing writer!! I'm sure behind that is a fantastic speaker as well!! Thanks for that kick in the pants when I wasn't even looking for one!!

Scott, I really enjoy your spirit and your willingness to help. You are mixed in my business and it is because of people like you and Rae that I feel like I am doing the right things. Thank you both for your postings and encouragements. You really don't know how much that means to me tonight.

~Connie

1. How can I access training materials for Pampered Chef?

To access training materials for Pampered Chef, you can log in to your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website. From there, you can access a variety of training resources, including videos, live training sessions, and documents.

2. Are there any specific requirements for completing Pampered Chef training?

Yes, in order to complete Pampered Chef training, you must be a registered consultant with a valid consultant ID number. You also must have completed the required consultant agreement and training modules.

3. Is there a cost associated with Pampered Chef training?

No, there is no cost associated with Pampered Chef training. It is included as part of your consultant agreement and is a benefit of being a Pampered Chef consultant. However, there may be additional fees for in-person training events or conferences.

4. Can I complete Pampered Chef training at my own pace?

Yes, you can complete Pampered Chef training at your own pace. The training materials are available 24/7 on the Pampered Chef website, so you can access them whenever it is convenient for you.

5. How often are new training materials added to the Pampered Chef website?

New training materials are added to the Pampered Chef website regularly, typically every few weeks. These materials may include updated training modules, new videos, or live training sessions. Be sure to check the website frequently for the latest training resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom