• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Personal Relationships Key to Successful Consultant Training?

In summary, one recruit signed in August and one in September. Neither one has yet to do a live show. One did an open house that her 18 year old daugter and I were the only guests + a catalog party, and the other did a 'show' with her mom and a friend. ACK! I can't believe -- especially with the incentives we've had!! I did training w/ the 1st in person and the 1st couple trainings with the second in person. The last 2 sessions, she called my after I was in my car on my way to meet her to cancel. Rrrrrrr! After that I told her I was getting very busy (true) and we would have to
sandilou
Silver Member
I have one recruit that signed in August and one in September. Neither one have yet to do a live show! One did an open house that her 18 year old daugter and I were the only guests + a catalog party, and the other did a 'show' with her mom and a friend. ACK! :eek: I can't believe -- especially with the incentives we've had!! I did training w/ the 1st in person and the 1st couple trainings with the second in person. The last 2 sessions, she called my after I was in my car on my way to meet her to cancel. Rrrrrrr! After that I told her I was getting very busy (true) and we would have to train over the phone. We haven't been able to schedule anything since. Cluster is tomorrow, neither will return my call since I am doing reminders. At what point do you throw in the towel -- and what do you say to leave the door open? They drive me CrAzY! :cry:

TIA,
Sandi

You don't throw in the towel, but you do back off. They may be the type who doesn't like to be so hands-on, or things are going on, and it's just not priority.I know that is me....my director has learned to 'leave me alone'. I do what I want to do and what I need to do for ME. I don't like to be the line that isn't doing much, but, I'm not doing it for her. The more that she would call or email me, the more irritated I got. So from the perspective of the OTHER SIDE....back off awhile and just send a periodic check-in email or phone call. Don't try to do "training", etc. When they are ready, they will know how to reach you.Just my two-cents. Sorry it is driving you crazy, but everyone's style is different.

I know it's usually more for whether recruits sign but:

Some will,
Some won't,
So what,
Who's next?

And of course, there's the old stand by of you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

All you can do is offer to be there for support when they're ready to take it. I can't remember the exact words, but in a training I heard someone say they ask their consultants when they first start what their goals are, and if they're slacking on what they need to do, whether she wants to be called out on it. That then gives you the permission to (nicely) say "You wanted me to help you, and you said this is what you want to do, but it's not happening. Do you still want to do this, or have your goals changed?" If she tells you she's still interested in meeting her goals, you can get her to re-focus. If her goals have changed, youll know that, too. If she wants to back off, then just check in with her periodically.

Noora's advice is spot on. Knowing what a team member wants to do and how he/she wants to be motivated is key. I'm a carrot person. Put a goal with a prize (even a congratulatory phone call) in front of me and I'm reaching for it immediately. I know of others who simply want a reminder if they're in danger of becoming inactive, losing their career sales, or losing their consultancy. My very first recruit never held a show. By the time she got her kit her life had taken a severe left turn. It happens. Keep in mind, too, that there are people who will sign up to get a great deal on everything with no intention of ever doing a thing. They're often referred to as kit-nappers. I think most people who don't do anything at all, though, simply get caught up in the excitement of signing up without really considering whether it's something they actually want to do.

All that's been said here so far is so true and good advice.

I had three consultants last spring/summer who did nothing and would not return calls.

I had 3 consultants who joined this summer/fall and all 3 are different but none want my weekly 20 minute phone call training that I offer new consultants.

#1 was so excited about signing. We'd been talking off and on for almost a year and she finally called and said "I'm ready and have the $". Then nothing and no response from calls but then she submitted a show and since has called with questions and has said her intention is to put in a catalog show each month.

#2 told me up front that she is a self learner and will ask if she needs anything. She has called with questions and qualified on day 34.

#3 basically said the same as #2 but she emails/calls more frequently and always lets me know how each show has gone. She qualified within 30 days and just earned another 50 PC$ for sales. She's my hot consultant right now.

You never know. That is just 6 consultants out of many and all are different. Prior to that just about every one of my consultants did the training as I offered it and some went with it and others fizzled. All consultants in my team get several emails a month from me with training on them and I at least attempt to call all of them regularly and of course, those who live locally also have my meeting. Offer what you are willing to do and go with whatever happens. They are all adults and can choose whatever they like to participate in. We know that those that take the training offered tend to do the best but we can't make them drink.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is just what I needed to hear. It was good to hear they ARE adults. They are not my family -- who I can boss around!! :D

Sandi

I know the biggest most important thing for me is this.
I didn't want training at all because I'm a major self learner.
However I DID really like (and sometimes NEED) encouragement from my director.
I was barely acknowledged and that hurt.
And now I'm going to be attending local cluster meeting for support.
Training on the other hand - Do I want it? No - If I do I'll ask.

These people are probably a lot like me :)

ShelbyMichalek said:
I know the biggest most important thing for me is this.
I didn't want training at all because I'm a major self learner.
However I DID really like (and sometimes NEED) encouragement from my director.
I was barely acknowledged and that hurt.
And now I'm going to be attending local cluster meeting for support.
Training on the other hand - Do I want it? No - If I do I'll ask.

These people are probably a lot like me :)

I agree- as leaders, we need to have a relationship with our team. We can't just tell them what to do or how to do it. They need to know that we care about them as well.

1. What does "New Consultants That Do Zip!" mean?

"New Consultants That Do Zip!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef for new consultants who have not yet made any sales. It provides them with resources and support to help jumpstart their business and start making sales.

2. Who is eligible for "New Consultants That Do Zip!"?

All new consultants who have not made any sales are eligible for the "New Consultants That Do Zip!" program. It is a great opportunity for those who are just starting out with Pampered Chef to get a boost in their business.

3. What resources are provided through "New Consultants That Do Zip!"?

The program offers a variety of resources, including training materials, marketing materials, and access to a mentor who can provide guidance and support. There are also opportunities for new consultants to attend virtual training sessions and workshops.

4. How long does the "New Consultants That Do Zip!" program last?

The program typically lasts for 90 days, but the exact length may vary. During this time, new consultants will have access to all of the resources and support provided through the program to help them get their business off the ground.

5. Is there a cost to participate in "New Consultants That Do Zip!"?

No, there is no cost to participate in the "New Consultants That Do Zip!" program. It is a free program offered by Pampered Chef to help new consultants succeed in their business. However, there may be additional costs for purchasing products and attending events or training sessions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom