• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Tips for Training New Consultants - Boost Your Team's Success!

In summary, Linda is looking for advice and tips on how to train new consultants. She has recruited four in the past year, but only one is currently active. Linda feels as though she has let them down and didn't help them get the opportunity that they could have had. After doing some research, she found a four-page check-off sheet on cs that she used with her fourth recruit. Her director already had her goals written down, and all she did was go over them with her. Linda also encourages her recruits to make cluster meetings and to contact her if they need help.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm looking for tips and advice on training new consultants. I've recruited 4 in the past year and only one is currently active. I feel as though I have let them down and didn't help them obtain the opportunity that could have been awesome for them! I was a pretty good self-starter and didn't need much help and if I did I asked someone. My consultants have not been that way. It just dawned on me (yeah, sometimes I'm a little s-l-o-w!) that I sucked at training and helping them.

So, lay it on me people! I need tips. I need advice. I need hand-outs. I need words. I need whatever it is to make my recruits and my team successful.,

THANKS!

I did some training with my 5th recruit today, the first that I actually trained. Usually I sent them to my director, and then it dawned on my with my 4th that one day I will be director, so why not start in. I did a little research since I do not have the right training materials either and found on cs a four page check off sheet. Go to the download tab and then Guide to Supporting New Consultants. I realized after looking at that that the questions on there were the same my director talked to me about. So I went over that with her today plus talked about what she wants out of PC and she already had her goals written down, (I had her bring her binder with all that info). All in all, it went well. We went over two recipes (she is very new to PC her show was the second she had ever been to.) I told her I will be in touch to see if she did the online training, and to see if she has more questions. I will definitely stay in touch with this one more so in the beginning then I did with the othersl.

You can purchase the Guide to Supporting New Consultants on your supply order. That is what I use.

yes, the Guide. It includes not only the start up, but also follow up and continued coaching. This may help your team with their staying power.
Good luck!

I just got that. Do you do/use anything else?

I also do weekly phone calls & some emails during the week. I let my girls meet each other and encourage them to contact each other to share in their sucesses.
I think that by asking them what they need you will be better able to support them. The guide to Training New Consultants should be all you need. It covers everything and it's easy!
Best of all I make sure my gang sees that I get all the info from there so they know they can do it too :)

Good thread Linda! My problem is getting them to return phone calls though....I might be able to train them if they'd actually call me back.

lacychef said:
Good thread Linda! My problem is getting them to return phone calls though....I might be able to train them if they'd actually call me back.

I have 4 recruits also, one who just qualified, one who went inactive in Feb., one who just reactivated, and one who is brand new.

The one who just reactivated, does this twice a year, to get the 50% new products, and new catalogs. Sad thing is, she did GREAT while she was in the qualifying period, and I know she could still be doing great if she wanted to.

the one who just went inactive I have never met! I've talked to her on the phone and by email - and I keep in contact with her that way, but she only contacts me if she needs something. Can't really provide training if she doesn't want it.

My 2 new consultants have both been very open to training, so I'm hoping that I can keep that momentum going - I just ordered the Guiding New Consultants guide too - hoping that will help!

Linda, if they are in your area, you can send them monthly out your schedule and see if anyone needs a "refresher" show training - encourage them to make cluster meetings and just let them know you are there for them if they need help -

You can lead a horse to water.....

1. What is the training process like for new consultants?

The training process for new consultants at Pampered Chef is comprehensive and designed to set you up for success. It includes a combination of online training modules, in-person training sessions, and hands-on experience with products. You will also have a dedicated mentor who will guide you through the training process and provide support along the way.

2. How long does the training process typically take?

The training process for new consultants can vary in length depending on your availability and pace. However, on average, it takes about 4-6 weeks to complete all the necessary training and become fully equipped to start your business. Your mentor will work with you to create a personalized training schedule that fits your needs.

3. Is there a cost for the training program?

There is no additional cost for the training program at Pampered Chef. Once you have purchased your starter kit, all training materials and resources are provided to you for free. We want to ensure that our consultants have all the tools they need to succeed without any additional financial burden.

4. Can I complete the training program at my own pace?

Yes, you can complete the training program at your own pace. Our online training modules are self-paced, allowing you to work on them whenever it is convenient for you. However, we do recommend completing the training in a timely manner to get your business up and running as soon as possible.

5. Will I receive ongoing training and support after completing the initial training?

Yes, we offer ongoing training and support for all of our consultants. This includes access to our online training resources, monthly webinars, and support from your mentor and fellow consultants. We want to ensure that you continue to grow and develop as a consultant throughout your Pampered Chef journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom