• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Think You Had a Tough Show...

In summary, an expert summarizer of content would say that the author attended a Premiere Jewelry show and found that there were almost 20 people in the room. The author ran into the host and asked her how she did and the host replied that she did "alright". The author then said that she was sure the host had a huge show with everyone there, but the host told the author that 19 people attended and 3 of those people (including the author) ordered. Based on this information, the author concludes that the host probably had a smaller show with less attendees because not everyone wears jewelry and those who do, do not necessarily trust home party jewelry. The author also points out that it is hard to justify spending
AJPratt
Silver Member
I attended a Premiere Jewelry show last week. I love their stuff! Anyway, the room was PACKED with people. I think there were almost 20 there. I ran into the host the other day. When I asked her how she did she just replied that she did "alright". She laughed and told me that I actualy spent the most ($90) I know--a lot, but they have been really supportive of my PC business. Anyway, I said that I was sure she had a huge show with everyone there. Get this: 19 attended and 3 (inc. me) ordered. Who does that? I went with my SIL and she didn't even order anything. I know we tell people that they don't have to order, but I would at least find something small, even if only $10 just to help out the host. They all tried stuff on and talked through most of the demo and then bought nothing. I know they have the money to spend. I just didn't get it.

Anne - that totally sucked! Maybe you might be able to recruit the PJ lady sometime. What I have found is that not everyone wears jewelry and if they do, they don't necessarily trust home party jewelry. The only things I wear are my wedding and engagement ring and my watch. When I really dress up, I have a few necklaces that I wear - but not all the time. Everyone eats!

Its funny you should mention that because I was telling her how much fun it was and that I only bring what I need for the recipe, she seemed surprised. Maybe after my jewelry comes in I'll call her.

I struggle with the whole buying at all shows thing too. We're not poor, but we live pretty tightly. When someone has a candle show, or :eek: an adult show, or something else I'm not interested in, I usually don't go to the party, even though it's a "don't worry about buying anything, just come" kind of thing. I can't justify spending my money on those things, because I just don't have an interest in them.

When I do go, I invariably end up buying some little thing that ends up being sold at a garage sale for a fraction of what I spend on it (but have not been to nor will buy from adult show...not for me! :eek: ).

All that said, to have that many people not buy at a show would make ME wonder about my selling style. Usually when I have a large percentage not buy, it's because I misread the crowd.

Sorry for rambling...it's 3 am here. I just fed baby, and can't fall back asleep!

The only time I had a large percentage of people not buy was when I did a show with a sorority at a college. They were seniors and the room was packed (30+). We had a lot of fun. They asked a lot of questions. They played with the tools. I had host coached very well and suggested gift ideas during the demo. 2 booked and 2 said they wanted to sign up (after exams).

6 people ordered. The show was $300 (barely) and none of the show and recruit leads would even return my calls.

College groups are tough. These girls were from money and that wasn't the issue with most of them but often that is the problem. I think they just came for the party and the food and to play.

Now, I did another college party in a regular dorm and they had much higher sales and only one of the bookings flaked from that one - oh, and all but one purchased and also bought gifts - the difference was they listened to me and invited their moms (even the long distance ones purchased).

Ya never know!:rolleyes:

I did a show once for a young newly married girl, and she had ten or twelve people there. Only ONE person ordered. The rest filled out wish lists and took my catalogs, but never called or placed orders! They were all young, and I sort of chalked it up to lack of funds and lack of party experience (like they didn't know what the purpose was for the host--she had a new house and was trying to outfit her kitchen...).

Anyhoo...I think it happens to everyone!

The only shows I've done where many of the people didn't purchase were the two I did at a retirement center. It was lots of couples, so about 1/3 of the crowd was spouses. Many of the people came, ate the free food, and left. My host warned me that this was likely, so I wasn't really shocked. Her shows weren't too bad, though. One was $400+, the other was $250+.

nikked said:
I struggle with the whole buying at all shows thing too. We're not poor, but we live pretty tightly. When someone has a candle show, or :eek: an adult show, or something else I'm not interested in, I usually don't go to the party, even though it's a "don't worry about buying anything, just come" kind of thing. I can't justify spending my money on those things, because I just don't have an interest in them.

All that said, to have that many people not buy at a show would make ME wonder about my selling style. Usually when I have a large percentage not buy, it's because I misread the crowd.

Nikki: There are some shows that I probably won't attend because I really couldn't find a use for the stuff. I went to one scrapbooking party and I think I met my lifetime quota. I have friends who LOVE to scrapbook, but it is just not for me. I attended this show to support someone who has supported me and because I love jewelry, but I know there are a lot of people who don't wear it regularly. I didn't until I worked with this lady who showed me how to pair pieces and I came to love it and always have something on.

I agree with the consultant's style. I would certainly have to re-evaluate the way I do things. I just felt bad for the host because she did everything she was supposed to--the model host, really.

I can see a college crowd being tough, and the seniors, too. I was just really surprised because everyone seemed to love what they were trying on. But I do have to say--it was expensive. IMHO

Premier is nice, but you are correct, it's a little pricey. Especially if you don't know beforehand what the price range is. Hopefully the host will get a couple orders called in from the folks who tried things on.

I personally love jewelry but do not care for Premier. It may not be the consulant it could be the product. Other guest could have been like JPRatt and came to help out the host. I do agree if I go to a show to help the host I am going to find something I can by for myself or as a gift for someone. I think it is rude to come to a show and buy nothing after the host has opened up her home and spent her time and money to do the show. People need to put themselves in the other person's shoes and see how they would feel if someone came to their show and did not order. We all say "just come you don't have to order" but we do NOT mean it people!:D

I agree - I don't particularly care for the quality jewelry. I don't wear much, but when I do, I prefer a better quality. I own a few pieces, because I attended a show for a friend, then booked from hers to help her out more.

I'll admit it - I really do not like hosting home parties :eek: I love entertaining in my home, but it's not exactly the same thing.

The reason I decided to be a PC consultant is that people do tend to react differently to PC than many other home party products. I think that's because the stuff is so practical. And who doesn't want to figure out shortcuts in the kitchen?

jrstephens said:
I do agree if I go to a show to help the host I am going to find something I can by for myself or as a gift for someone. I think it is rude to come to a show and buy nothing after the host has opened up her home and spent her time and money to do the show. We all say "just come you don't have to order" but we do NOT mean it people!:D
Even if I don't like the prods, if I go, I can usually think of someone who will enjoy them and if there isn't anything coming up, I will give it to them as a "just because" gift. Your last line cracked me up. I figure if someone comes to a PC show, they are bound to find something they like.

MomToEli said:
The reason I decided to be a PC consultant is that people do tend to react differently to PC than many other home party products. I think that's because the stuff is so practical. And who doesn't want to figure out shortcuts in the kitchen?

I have always felt that there is no buyer's remorse with PC. You don't have to feel guilty for the "splurge" because it benefits the whole family.

I usually don't feel obligated to buy and don't have a problem attending a show and not buying anything...altho that is RARELY the case!!! My attendance isn't contingent on my budget...I'm there to support my friend, the host. Like Anne said tho, I can almost always find something I like or that someone else will like for less than $20.

1. What is "You Think You Had a Tough Show..."?

"You Think You Had a Tough Show..." is a popular game show hosted by Pampered Chef. It involves contestants competing against each other in various cooking challenges.

2. How can I participate in "You Think You Had a Tough Show..."?

If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, you can apply to be a contestant on the show through the consultant portal. If you are not a consultant, you can attend one of our live shows or watch it online.

3. What type of challenges are featured on "You Think You Had a Tough Show..."?

The challenges on the show vary, but they all involve using Pampered Chef products to create delicious dishes. Some challenges may involve speed cooking, creating a dish with limited ingredients, or recreating a recipe from a famous chef.

4. Are there any prizes for winning "You Think You Had a Tough Show..."?

Yes, the winner of each episode receives a cash prize and a selection of Pampered Chef products.

5. Can I watch "You Think You Had a Tough Show..." online?

Yes, all episodes of "You Think You Had a Tough Show..." are available to watch online on our website or on our YouTube channel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • babywings76