• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?

In summary, Becky did a great brunch show today. She had a small guest list, but managed to make the show profitable. She also got rebooked for later this summer.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I had a really fun brunch show today!

The host had booked from a show in December. At that show, she came in late, sat in a corner away from others, and didn't buy anything - but she booked a show!

All during my host coaching, she has seemed distant. She was never really excited about anything - and I breathed a sigh of relief when she sent me a decent sized guest list. (30 names and addresses).

When I talked to her Thursday, she said she had no idea how many were coming. I called her again this morning before her show, and she said that there were "6 for sure, and several maybes"....so not to expect too much.

I packed enough guest folders for 12 - and I RAN OUT! People just kept coming, and coming! I think there were 15 people there eventually.

Right now, the show is at $400, but she has 6-7 outside orders that she'd left at work, and a couple people left the show with their orders to turn in later, so I am positive she'll be over $500 - plus I got bookings for February and March!

The real kicker of the show, and what had me laughing as I drove away was the Host!
As she was helping me pack my stuff into the car, I said "Thanks again for hosting - this was a really fun show".....and she replied "Thank you so much for doing the party - This WAS a lot of fun, and I didn't expect it to be fun at all!"

LOL! (I'm wondering why she booked - obviously it wasn't for the fun!)

Yes, that is definitely a compliment, and you'll probably be able to book her again in the future!

Good job Becky, and no surprise! and reminds us to never prejudge.
what did you do at your show and how did you do it all?

lauriedip said:
Good job Becky, and no surprise! and reminds us to never prejudge.
what did you do at your show and how did you do it all?

Laurie - I did Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, and Cinnamon Biscuit Bites. Oh, and I cored a pineapple, because the host wanted me to do that.

It really wasn't me. This was a bunch of Elementary School teachers, and they were acting like a bunch of kids! They were just having so much fun being away from school, I think.

SWEET! Good for you. Of course, it has something to do with you. :)JAE

It was definitely a compliment! If she's experienced other PC consultants or consultants with other direct sales, she might have felt pressured or it was boring. I got a call one time from a colleague (at a different school in my district), who saw my ad in the paper and wanted to book a show. She didn't know I did PC. At her show she said she was really glad she booked from me. Her cousin sells PC and had done a show for her, and it just wasn't as fun. I find out later her cousin is someone in PC I directly know. Small world.

Definitely a compliment to you. I'm feeling the same about tomorrow's show. She hasn't responded to voicemails and barely to e-mails. Her guest list was very small, basically the same group from the show where I booked her. That's fine, they talked through my whole show but love the products and several want to book. She has seemed stressed in the brief e-mails she has sent. Her most recent e-mail thanked ME for being great and doing what I do. Um, haven't done much and hardly had any interaction with her. But I guess it's not being pushy that's appreciated.

Yeah. You really do never know! I had a show tonight that was a circle of people I've done before...actually, it's a circle I was wanting to get out of. Alot of work for shows that were barely making $150-200 mark....I'd spend as much on postage, food, etc for little return.So I went tonight not expecting much- I knew it would be fun..they always are, but not much $$. HA! Was I shocked. 9 guests (which is her usual)....but it currently is at $410 and she has at least 4 people at church tomorrow that told her they want to buy some things. My host about passed out when I told her the total! I EVEN sold a UM- my archenemy in the PC collection! :D and I booked 1 show plus rebooked the host for later this summer. So she'll likely hit $500, and I wasn't expecting even $150! I even tried to get her to co-host with someone so she would! Just goes to show, don't prejudge- just do your best! (and my show wasn't half bad either!)

esavvymom said:
Yeah. You really do never know! I had a show tonight that was a circle of people I've done before...actually, it's a circle I was wanting to get out of. Alot of work for shows that were barely making $150-200 mark....I'd spend as much on postage, food, etc for little return.

So I went tonight not expecting much- I knew it would be fun..they always are, but not much $$. HA! Was I shocked. 9 guests (which is her usual)....but it currently is at $410 and she has at least 4 people at church tomorrow that told her they want to buy some things. My host about passed out when I told her the total! I EVEN sold a UM- my archenemy in the PC collection! :D and I booked 1 show plus rebooked the host for later this summer.

So she'll likely hit $500, and I wasn't expecting even $150! I even tried to get her to co-host with someone so she would! Just goes to show, don't prejudge- just do your best! (and my show wasn't half bad either!)

That's awesome, Bobbi! Wahooo!

1. What is "Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?"

"Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?" is a phrase often used by consultants and customers of Pampered Chef to express their satisfaction and delight with our products and services.

2. How is "Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?" different from a regular compliment?

"Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?" is a playful and lighthearted way of acknowledging a compliment, while also emphasizing the high quality and exceptional nature of our products and services.

3. Can I use "Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?" in my own Pampered Chef business?

Absolutely! We encourage our consultants to use this phrase to add a personal touch and showcase their enthusiasm for our products and services.

4. Is "Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?" trademarked by Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef and should be used in accordance with our brand guidelines.

5. Can I customize "Sooo, I Think This Was a Compliment!?" for my own business or personal use?

We ask that you use the phrase as it is, as it has become a recognizable and beloved part of the Pampered Chef brand. However, feel free to add your own personal touch and creativity in how you use it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • MaryannNic