1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings I just talked my neighbor out of having a show....

1. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Well, sortof, anyway.

She called and asked me about the benefits of having a catalog show. I explained them to her (she had a $1200 cooking show in July) and then she proceeded to tell me that her stepdaughter just started selling Premiere, and she is having a "getting started" party for her Apr. 21st, and she wants to pass out PC catalogs and do a Catalog party at the same time, since she figures most of the people coming will like PC better anyway.

So, I talked her out of it. I told her how I feel when other consultants horn in on my shows, and that I really didn't want to detract from her stepdaughter's show. She thanked me for helping her to see it from a different viewpoint, and ended up booking a Cooking Show for June! Whooo Hoooo!

Apr 1, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Honesty usually IS the best policy!

I talked myself out of a product sale with another lady. She wanted a suds pump (we were just chatting), and I said something about how I just use the ones you buy in the store, and refill them over and over and over (1/3 soap to 2/3 water). Duh! But she's doing a show later this summer. :D

Apr 1, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Good for you, Becky. We always win in one way or another when we treat others well.

Apr 1, 2009
  4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Great Job Becky!

Apr 1, 2009
  5. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

Very nice! I know that a comment I get a lot (or hear my customers share with others) is that I'm not a sales person and they can trust what I say about products. So if I tell them to buy the more expensive version, they listen b/c 2 minutes ago I was explaining why I'd go with a cheaper version over there. I think it's true that you need to treat people as you want to be treated. And you were rewarded with your OWN show, which will be better for you too.

As for the Sud's Pump, I do and tell people the same thing :). Ours is too tall and not sturdy enough.

Apr 1, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Well done Becky. Such integrity will continue to boost your business!

Apr 1, 2009
  7. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

Great job Becky!

Apr 1, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Way to go... She could have a few postcard invites, for her June show, ready to had to people she mets at her DIL's Premiere show.:cool:

9. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Way to go, Becky!!!!! I hope she passes your comments on to others to show how great you are to your hosts and customers!

10. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

My DD sells Close to My Heart, scrapbooking, cardmaking, and stamping things. They sell blank cards with envelopes in their catalog. Ali tells her customers to buy them at Hobby Lobby because they are the same quality and cheaper. The customers spend that money with her on stamps or paper instead!

I just got an email from a lady who said she would do a Cooking Show for me in March. She had not answered my calls or emails all month. She wants me to do a combined Show with her with her BeautiControl business (which I didn't know she had) where she does her demo and I "can provide the food". I think not... I told her that it was my policy not to do combined shows with anyone since I have so many friends with DS businesses and don't want to cause any hurt feelings...which is true! I also told her I can only use Arbonne because of a lot of skin sensitivities. The email I got back from her was, "Oh but BC is so much better and I'm sure you could use it." The thing I really don't like is that she took a Host Packet from me back in February at a Healthy Heart Sunday thing she organized at her church where I had a booth...never telling me she did BC. She didn't have a booth there!

Apr 1, 2009
  11. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Another great lesson in customer care. Being honest FIRST will reap great rewards. Thanks for sharing, Becky.

12. Yakmama

Yakmama Member

very cool!

Apr 2, 2009
  13. krzymomof4

krzymomof4 Veteran Member Silver Member

Becky..you are such a great example!!
    Love ya hon!!

Apr 2, 2009
  14. starrmarie

starrmarie Member

Good Job, you definatly did the right thing. Her stepdaughter would have felt super uncomfortable doing her first show while mom was talking up another DS.

Apr 3, 2009
Have something to add?