• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Talked My Neighbor Out of Having a Show....

In summary, the woman asked me about the benefits of having a catalog show and I explained them to her. I then told her that I didn't want to detract from her stepdaughter's show and she thanked me. She then booked a Cooking Show for June.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Well, sortof, anyway.

She called and asked me about the benefits of having a catalog show. I explained them to her (she had a $1200 cooking show in July) and then she proceeded to tell me that her stepdaughter just started selling Premiere, and she is having a "getting started" party for her Apr. 21st, and she wants to pass out PC catalogs and do a Catalog party at the same time, since she figures most of the people coming will like PC better anyway.

So, I talked her out of it. I told her how I feel when other consultants horn in on my shows, and that I really didn't want to detract from her stepdaughter's show. She thanked me for helping her to see it from a different viewpoint, and ended up booking a Cooking Show for June! Whooo Hoooo!

Honesty usually IS the best policy!I talked myself out of a product sale with another lady. She wanted a suds pump (we were just chatting), and I said something about how I just use the ones you buy in the store, and refill them over and over and over (1/3 soap to 2/3 water). Duh! But she's doing a show later this summer. :D

Good for you, Becky. We always win in one way or another when we treat others well.

Very nice! I know that a comment I get a lot (or hear my customers share with others) is that I'm not a sales person and they can trust what I say about products. So if I tell them to buy the more expensive version, they listen b/c 2 minutes ago I was explaining why I'd go with a cheaper version over there. I think it's true that you need to treat people as you want to be treated. And you were rewarded with your OWN show, which will be better for you too. As for the Sud's Pump, I do and tell people the same thing :). Ours is too tall and not sturdy enough.

Well done Becky. Such integrity will continue to boost your business!

Great job Becky!

Way to go... She could have a few postcard invites, for her June show, ready to had to people she mets at her DIL's Premiere show.:cool:

Way to go, Becky!!!!! I hope she passes your comments on to others to show how great you are to your hosts and customers!

My DD sells Close to My Heart, scrapbooking, cardmaking, and stamping things. They sell blank cards with envelopes in their catalog. Ali tells her customers to buy them at Hobby Lobby because they are the same quality and cheaper. The customers spend that money with her on stamps or paper instead!I just got an email from a lady who said she would do a Cooking Show for me in March. She had not answered my calls or emails all month. She wants me to do a combined Show with her with her BeautiControl business (which I didn't know she had) where she does her demo and I "can provide the food". I think not... I told her that it was my policy not to do combined shows with anyone since I have so many friends with DS businesses and don't want to cause any hurt feelings...which is true! I also told her I can only use Arbonne because of a lot of skin sensitivities. The email I got back from her was, "Oh but BC is so much better and I'm sure you could use it." The thing I really don't like is that she took a Host Packet from me back in February at a Healthy Heart Sunday thing she organized at her church where I had a booth...never telling me she did BC. She didn't have a booth there!

Another great lesson in customer care. Being honest FIRST will reap great rewards. Thanks for sharing, Becky.

very cool!

Becky..you are such a great example!!
Love ya hon!!

Good Job, you definatly did the right thing. Her stepdaughter would have felt super uncomfortable doing her first show while mom was talking up another DS.

1. How do I talk my neighbor out of having a show with Pampered Chef?

It's important to remember that everyone has their own reasons for wanting to host a show, and it's not our place to talk them out of it. However, if you feel like hosting a show may not be the best fit for your neighbor, you can gently suggest alternatives such as attending a show as a guest or placing an order through their consultant.

2. Why would I want to talk my neighbor out of having a show?

Sometimes, people may not be aware of the time and effort that goes into hosting a show. If you feel like your neighbor may not have the time or resources to successfully host a show, it may be better to suggest other options that would be more convenient for them.

3. Can I still support my neighbor without attending their show?

Absolutely! Your support doesn't have to be limited to attending a show. You can still show your support by placing an order through their consultant or even sharing their show with friends and family. There are many ways to support your neighbor without attending a show.

4. What if my neighbor is insistent on hosting a show?

If your neighbor is set on hosting a show, it's important to respect their decision. You can still offer your support by attending the show or placing an order, but ultimately it's their decision to make.

5. Will my neighbor be offended if I talk them out of hosting a show?

It's possible that your neighbor may be disappointed if you talk them out of hosting a show, but ultimately it's important to communicate honestly and respectfully. Explain your concerns and offer alternative options, and your neighbor will likely understand and appreciate your honesty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76