• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Might Be a Redneck If........

In summary, the conversation is about funny and unusual street names in different areas. Some examples mentioned include Fishback Lane, Gypsy Ridge Road, Possum Hollow Road, Feedlot Rd, Junkyard Rd, Suck Run Rd, Mudlick Rd, Left Turkey Toe Rd, Donetello (a subdivision with street names based on the Ninja Turtles), Water Plant Road, Turkey Farm Road, Bethel Church Road, Knotty Branch, Busy Corner, Drunken Ln, Canvas Back Trail, Laughing Gull Ct, Dirty Branch Rd, Dusty Trail, Robin Hood Circle, Turn Berry Ln, June Bug Ct, Loblolly Lane, Pet Farm Lane, Sugar Bowl Lane, Horse Pen Bay Road, Horse Carriage Lane, O
jenniferlynne
Sorry for the title, but I was just sitting here making out the invites for a show I have soon. It has reminded me just exactly how "Country" it is where I live. Listen to some of these street names....

Fishback Lane
Gypsy Ridge Road
Possum Hollow Road (saved the best for last)

Anyone else got any street names like that to share?

That is FUNNY:D The only one that comes to mind for me is Feedlot Rd.

I once lived on a Possum Trot Lane and that beats Possum Hollow any day!LOL!

These aren't redneck names but when DH and I moved to Las Vegas we looked at a house that was on Captin Kirk Dr and almost bought a house on Bronco Buster Ct...what are people thinking?

How's these for you?

Junkyard Rd
Suck Run Rd
Mudlick Rd
Left Turkey Toe Rd:D

I live near a sub-division that sounds like the Ninja Turtle's!! Donetello is the name of the subdivision and some of the street names are:

Raphael Dr
Leonardo Lane
Michaelangelo Dr

Lee Anne

Ninja Turtles!!!Oh man!! I bet that is where my son will live when he grows up!! He is a huge Ninja Turtle fan. That is too funny. I guess whoever developed the subdivision is one too.

DZmom said:
How's these for you?

Junkyard Rd
Suck Run Rd
Mudlick Rd
Left Turkey Toe Rd:D

Ok, I think you have got everyone beat. Those are too funny!!

O, this is a great funny thread. I have to add mine, not quite as funny though....

Water Plant Road
Turkey Farm Road
Bethel Church Road
I know there are more, I just can't think right now...and they have changed a few of the names, lol, guess they wanted to be more 'professional'.

We have a few odd ones...
Knotty Branch is connected to Busy Corner

We also have a possum hollow

drunken ln.
canvas back trail
Laughing Gull Ct.
Dirty Branch Rd.
Dusty Trail
Robin Hood Circle
Turn Berry Ln
June Bug Ct.
Loblolly Lane
Pet Farm Lane
Sugar Bowl Lane
Horse Pen Bay Road
Horse Carriage Lane
Oyster Catcher Dr.

WOW...I didn't realize I had so many weired sounding roads around....haha..sorry the list is so long

I get a laugh everytime i go to cluster meetings, my director lives in a developement call The Lakes, BUT all the roads in the place are names after rivers and not lakes...I just don't get it

OH yeh, I forgot another good one, it's called Rough 'N Ready Road

Oh yeah....My husband reminded me of a few I forgot

Cox Ferry Road
Lick Run Road
Skillet Lick Road (that one is just weird)

Dirty Foot Road, Ridgeley, West Virginia
Hooker Hollow Road, Romney, West Virginia

Just saw a house for sale at

666 Bloody Gulch Road

Bet they had a lot of takers!!!!!!

I have friends who live on:

Pig Branch Road
Lincoln Log Lane

No matter HOW MUCH I LOVED a house.....I just could not live on a street with some of these names!

There's a Baremore road near us.

I thought of some more......
Lick Creek Rd.
Turkey Knob Rd.
and the winner of them all.......
Trailer Park Ln.

My friends live on Turkey Hill Rd. . . in Belchertown. I chuckle everytime I write out their address.

another street nameClose to my house there is a Lands End.

We have a Chewing Lane near me

jasonmva said:
We have a Chewing Lane near me
Sonds like thay all need to have cooking shows on that street!

For all of those from Indiana, you will appreciate this from an e-mail I got a while back....

You know you're from Indiana when you determine distance in time - ex. two hours south, etc!

Or, you know you're from Indiana when you use I-65 as a landmark!:rolleyes:

Oh wait, here's more...

You know you're from Indiana when....

You know several people who have hit a deer.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.

You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?" or "Who are you gonna go with?"

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, or grain.

Pop is a drink, not a sound.

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

You consider being called a "Pork Queen" an honor.

You carry jumper cables in your car.

Hey, I just love this place!:D

We travelled to Tennessee a few years ago and had to stop and get a picture of the family next to the sign of the town named Bucksnort, TN!!!

jwpamp said:
Oh wait, here's more...

You know you're from Indiana when....

You know several people who have hit a deer.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.

You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?" or "Who are you gonna go with?"

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, or grain.

Pop is a drink, not a sound.

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

You consider being called a "Pork Queen" an honor.

You carry jumper cables in your car.

Hey, I just love this place!:D

Hey, some of these could work for Kansas too I think;)

I grew up in a redneck town called Aynor and all of the above things could also work for Aynor. We have an annual festival called a Hoedown...Everyone always get a crack out of that. Growing up I was involved in lots of beauty pageants and in the hoedown pageant you had to go barefooted....it's so funny!

lacychef said:
Since you brought it up, lol, I came across this on another board a few years back and of course...had to pass it on to my family

YOU MIGHT BE FROM KANSAS IF..................
1. You no longer associate bridges or rivers with water.
2. You have never met any celebrities. (Bob Dole isn't a celebrity; he's your neighbor.)
3. You know the meaning of Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
4. Your closest neighbor is more than a mile away and you can still see him from your front porch.
5. You can properly pronounce Salina, Basehor, Cimmaron, Schoenchen, Kechi and Osawatomie.
6. Going on vacation means going to Hutch to the fair or to Abilene to Ike's museum
7. A traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
8. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford F10 4x4 is.(Except in Johnson County)
9. You discover that in July it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
10. The terms Sooners and Huskers cause hairs on the back of your neck to stand up straight and your blood pressure to rise.
11. You have owned at least one belt buckle bigger than your fist.
12. You think people who complain about the wind and weather in their states are SISSIES!
13. You are not surprised to find movie rentals, ammunition and bait all in the same store.
14. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door but by the availability of shade.
15. You have been asked, "Where is Toto" more than once.
16. You had at least one summer job that was bucking bales or custom cutting.
17. More than once you've made a beer run to another state.
18. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned to multiply.
19. Your school classes have been canceled because of the cold.
20. You know in your heart that K-State can beat Oklahoma in football.
20. You know in your heart that K-State can beat Oklahoma in football.
21. Traffic congestion is ten cars waiting to pass a combine on the highway.
22. You have had to switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
23. You know everything goes better with Ranch.
24. Your school classes have been canceled because of the heat.
25. You have ridden the school bus for more than an hour each way.
26. In August, you break a sweat the instant you step outside at 5:00a.m.
27. You instantly know someone is from Johnson County when they call everything west of Topeka... "Western" Kansas.
28. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
29. You know the real way to pronounce the name of Clinton's state and the river... arKANSAS.
30. You think the opening day of pheasant season is a national holiday.
31. "Vacation" means going to Kansas City or Wichita for the weekend.
32. You measure distance in hours.
33. You know several people who have hit more than one deer.
34. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
35. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
36. You think of the major food groups as beer, beef and beans.
37. You carry jumper cables in your car and make sure your better half knows how to use them.
38. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
39. You know the 4 seasons as: summer, road construction, still summer, winter.
40. It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you're in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.
41. You lock the doors to your truck but leave the windows rolled down.
42. You call sodas just plain ol' "Pop"!!
43. FINALLY..... you are 100% Kansan if........... You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your friends from Kansas.

lacychef said:

Hooray for Kansas! :D

I once saw Boll Weevil Road...

Here's another for Kansas........

If you give directions by North,South, East and West. My family is from central KS and I'll never forget the first time one of my cousins gave my husband directions. He looked at me and said please translate :D

Chefweezie said:
Here's another for Kansas........

If you give directions by North,South, East and West. My family is from central KS and I'll never forget the first time one of my cousins gave my husband directions. He looked at me and said please translate :D

OK. I don't understand.

BTW--one of my consultants lives on Lover's Lane!

Ann F said:
OK. I don't understand.

BTW--one of my consultants lives on Lover's Lane!

example: drive north 5 miles then turn east. Take that road for another 2 or three miles and on it's located on the south side of the road. :D

I remember my Grandma saying I could find the bucket in the north barn on the the west side. Then my looking at Dad with my "huh?" face, and him saying, "The big barn on the left Sis!" :p

Lee Anne

Turkey Tail Road
Bugs Bunny Lane
Cotton Gin Road

and in Alabama we give directions such as "When you see the big oak tree take the second paved road after it, then turn right when you see the Water Tower, the house will be in the second curve on the left"

jdavis said:
Since you brought it up, lol, I came across this on another board a few years back and of course...had to pass it on to my family

YOU MIGHT BE FROM KANSAS IF..................
1. You no longer associate bridges or rivers with water.
2. You have never met any celebrities. (Bob Dole isn't a celebrity; he's your neighbor.)

These are great:D I had to leave the above one with my message, since I live in Dole's hometown! I can tell you how to get to his house if you're ever here & want to see it! And...it's about 5 blocks north & 2 blocks east!! Just had to add that in; isn't it great to be from the country:D :D

Too many to pick which one should get the awardThis is funny! It makes me want to look at my map in the phone book because I know we have some funny ones here to. :p

How about the city Hell in Michagan ( Maybe I'm a redneck if I can't spell one of the 50 states:p )?

Last edited:
omg these are so funny. here is my list
Turkey Farm Rd
Seven Hills Rd
South Park Dr
Bunker Hill

in another town not far from me is Bloody Pond Rd

For funny town names, There is Hell Michaigan (like abouve said) I think Heaven is next to it. In Penn, there is a town named Intercourse.

okay guess I'll have to tell about the shop my hubby and I saw when we went through TN. The name of the shop was Bubba's Bait. My husband had a field day with that one. :)

My DH cousins name is Robbie but everyone calls him Bubba!! And he and his wife named their house "Bubba's place!1"

LOL

shano said:
For funny town names, There is Hell Michaigan (like abouve said) I think Heaven is next to it. In Penn, there is a town named Intercourse.

We went to 'Hell' when we were on our honeymoon on Grand Cayman Island. I even took a picture of the PO because my Mom works for the USPS.

Here we have numerals going NS and letters going EW. So, some lucky people get to live on F 1/4 Rd or 18 3/8 Rd. Sometimes they use decimals: D.3 Rd or 29.3 Rd. To make it more crazy, a county road is called Rd (26 Rd) but will turn into St in the city (26 Rd turns into 1st St). So, you need to be clear if you're going to 28 Rd or 28th St because they are certainly not the same!!

great artists...
chef_leeanne said:
I live near a sub-division that sounds like the Ninja Turtle's!! Donetello is the name of the subdivision and some of the street names are:

Raphael Dr
Leonardo Lane
Michaelangelo Dr

Lee Anne

actually, I think the subdivision developer is a fan of great Italian art!

I'm guessing that there isn't a life-sized copy of Michaelango's "DAVID" at the subdivision entrance"!

Ann

The town I grew up in had a Slaughter Hill Rd - can't say I'd like to live there.

My husband and I used to live in Nashville and on our way back north to visit, we always passed a store call Nervous Charlie's Fireworks and Beer. I always thought that was funny.

Okay, I live in Mansfield, Louisiana. Home to rednecks. Thank goodness I am not orginally from here:

Drain Road
Cottenbelt Road
Radio Station Road
Depot Road South
Buffallo Road
Manshack Drive
Bear Creek Loop
Screamerville Road

Just thought I would share a few!

Cheryl Mackey

Theres a road in elko called Rockin Chair Road

How about a town named Dick Lick Springs?
A restaurant named Lik A Chick Drive in restaurant?
A store called Master-Baiter bait and tackle?
Fuk Mi Sushi and Seafood Buffet?
Stiff Nipples air conditioning service?

Maybe we should give ourselves some catchy names to drum up some business- how about Betty Head?

Oh my gosh! These are hilarious!
I guess the funniest I've seen around here is zig zag lane
snooks lane and one of my customers lived on Louis Lane (for all you superman fans)

I was addressing an envelope for work and mr. & mrs. mcintosh live on apple tree lane!
I saw a second hand/antique store in Sarasota, FL that sells "antiquish" stuff!

I once saw an address for a Doh Rd in Homerville. I instantly had the Simpsons theme song in my head. In Trabuco Canyon near us, there's Okie Dokie and Hunky Dory Lanes. Love those. I live off of Indian Truck Trail, I still want to know where it came from.

Paige Dixon said:

Maybe we should give ourselves some catchy names to drum up some business- how about Betty Head?
You have to be kidding, right?!?!?!:confused: :eek: Either some really naive people or some real smart a's

We have a Baremore Drive. LOL

Paige Dixon said:

OMG!!:eek: :D That is funny!!! I can't wait to show my husband this he'll get a kick out of it. :D LOL

The things they think of. What will be next do I dare ask????:rolleyes:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI