• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Might Be a Redneck If........

In summary, the conversation is about funny and unusual street names in different areas. Some examples mentioned include Fishback Lane, Gypsy Ridge Road, Possum Hollow Road, Feedlot Rd, Junkyard Rd, Suck Run Rd, Mudlick Rd, Left Turkey Toe Rd, Donetello (a subdivision with street names based on the Ninja Turtles), Water Plant Road, Turkey Farm Road, Bethel Church Road, Knotty Branch, Busy Corner, Drunken Ln, Canvas Back Trail, Laughing Gull Ct, Dirty Branch Rd, Dusty Trail, Robin Hood Circle, Turn Berry Ln, June Bug Ct, Loblolly Lane, Pet Farm Lane, Sugar Bowl Lane, Horse Pen Bay Road, Horse Carriage Lane, O
My husband wore a fishing hat and regular clothes for Halloween and called himself a master-baiter! We have a Loveme-longtime Pkwy!!

Alright...... Here is one for you.. the town that I live in they don't think we know our ABC's here we have Aveunes A-Z..... was someone bored?? Wait a sec maybe Lewis and Clark didnt' know their ABC's at the time they founded Astoria!!! OH well who know's still funny!!!

That's good. I'm from Northern OH, near CEDAR POINT. I'm always telling people distance in times they just don't understand my concepts way down here in S. TX!!! LOL

OK... So I live in a modular community... You might be a redneck if your house comes on a flatbed. Or... if your house is delivered to you.

Alright I was on my way home from work tonight and I couldn't help but really pay attention to redneck street names in the town that I live in. SO here is what I found ... Now granted I live on the Oregon Coast so some yeah they kidn of go... I guess. But here they are:Surf Pines Lane
Tide Pool Road
River Front Way
Sea Scape Lane
River Pointe Drive
and the list tgoes on from their good god are they bored here??? I THINK SO

I sent a money order off to someone today because I bought a book off ebay and the street name was Loopy-loop Dr!!!

I wonder if they are as loopy as they name of the street??

I'm originally from Durango, Co, and growing up, I always got a kick out of the following:
Horse Thief Lane
High Llama Lane
Roach Ranch Road
Bear Scat Trail (Who wants to live on a road named after what bears do in the woods?)My favorite here in Austin is
Hairy Man Road

Mommyhugz: Love Your Pictrure!!!

AJPratt said:
Mommyhugz: Love Your Pictrure!!!

Thanks AJ..... I thought sitting at Doris's desk during the HO tour would be rather catchy one.... !!!

Its VERY nice!

AJPratt said:
Its VERY nice!

Thanks!!!! I was really suprised how well the picuture turned out !!

not redneck but funny...I drove across America a few years ago and came across a "husband road"....sorry I can't remember what state it was in. Anyway I took a pic of the sign and put this quotation under it in my photo album:

"so THAT'S where you find them!!"

That reminds me of something that I saw... it wasn't the name of a road but it was a redneck thing.... the sign said DIVORCE SALE HER STUFF REAL CHEAP!!! I have heard of gargae sales but a Divorce sale??? now is that redneck or what??

Here in the Pacific NW we have a lot of interesting street names, including some with a Native American ring to them. A few of my favorites...

Snee-Oosh Rd.
Squi Qui Ct.
Lilooet Ct.
Solahdwh Ln. (yes I spelled that correctly!)
Tuk Tuk Tr.
Dr. Joe Rd.

Saving the best for last...

Pull And Be Damned Rd. (it is right off of Snee-Oosh Rd.)!

Love 'em!!!!

You can't get much better than that!!!!

Okay, I forgot a small town about 13 miles north of where I live. People's addresses are for Gloster but where you turn is called, lol, KICKAPOO!!!! lol! There used to be a KICKAPOO CAFE, but it is long since gone! Just thought I'd share!

Cheryl Mackey
Cooking Pampered Style in Louisiana:p

Okay, I forgot a small town about 13 miles north of where I live. People's addresses are for Gloster but where you turn is called, lol, KICKAPOO!!!! lol! :p There used to be a KICKAPOO CAFE, but it is long since gone! Just thought I'd share!

Cheryl Mackey
Cooking Pampered Style in Louisiana

Mmmmm! Nothing gets me hungry like thinking about the Kickapoo Cafe!!

Their is a town up here called Skiappon ....... LOL

I must not live in that redneck of a town, because the most interesting one I found in my phone book is Robbers Cave Rd. There's Short St, which coincidentally is a short street... but we also have a lot of animal and tree related street names.

I love this thread! We have Possum Trot Rd here and a little crossroad called "KillQuick".

rd'sI live on Sugar Hill rd , how sweet is that

Doreen Zaino
Furture Director

I saw some good ones in West Virginia but I didn't write them down.

In Mineral Point, Wisconsin, there is a Shake Rag Street.

The name came from miners' wives leaning out the kitchen window at lunch time and waving white towels.

I just knew it was you that brought this one back up when I seen it in the list, lol.

It wasn't even that far down the list to bump it up.

Ok, fine, but I bet you would have found it again none the less if it would have been, lol.

Love the Alabama directions post!
So true! LOL
And I would love to know WHO thought of naming a town "Intercourse" (in PA) I always wonder that when we pass that sign.

There's a more scary thing.........when you're around a group of truck drivers in Louisville, Ky and they start talking about a white DOT van at the bottom of the hill on 81 in W. VA, (the fact that they carry a portable scale) and the other truck drivers know what hill and what van they're talking about. LOL

Not a road, but I always get a good laugh at this, when hubby and I are driving out 70 oh maybe 100 miles or more west of Denver Colorado....my red neck saying is "You might be a red neck if the combined square footage of your cars is more than that of your house." There are a few of those out there off the highway. : )

Love this thread.

Kris

There used to be a place in Wisconsin known as "Radar Hill" on US 41 in Fond du Lac County. It was a grade crossing just south of the city of Fond du Lac where you'd crest a hill and there was Smokey sitting there with a radar gun. All the truckers knew it, so did anyone who drove the highway much.

Since 41 was upgraded from expressway to freeway and all the grade crossings were eliminated, Radar Hill is an embankment now. Smokey still sits at the Eden exit, but he's not as much of a surprise anymore.

The truckers all know where Smokey sits, where the chicken coops are open and closed, and they know where all the portable chicken coops are, too.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I saw some good ones in West Virginia but I didn't write them down.

In Mineral Point, Wisconsin, there is a Shake Rag Street.

The name came from miners' wives leaning out the kitchen window at lunch time and waving white towels.

KG we have missed you sooooooooo much!!! Glad to see you back.

I was headed out for my day today after I posted and thought, "you might be a redneck if you don't know east from west....duh"

The land with bunches of cars and a trailer is EAST of Denver....sheesh! We are always HEADING west going out there. LOL

Kris

ihavethetools said:
I was headed out for my day today after I posted and thought, "you might be a redneck if you don't know east from west....duh"

The land with bunches of cars and a trailer is EAST of Denver....sheesh! We are always HEADING west going out there. LOL

Kris
I thought the only direction a redneck knows is South. :confused:

Probably why I got confused. :)
then I just tried to sound smart. : )

Kris

I guess this is the right place to put this---just thought it was sorta funny!

I live in my husbands grandmothers home. It was built in the 60's. Anyway, we have a really long driveway- it's 9/10 of a mile long. So i'm leaving the house the other day and just happened to look towards the end of the road and there stood a big RED stop sign???? It's a private drive, I just got the biggest crack out of it. What's really odd is that we have an actual road that crosses over our driveway and there's no stop sign or yield sign or anything there??? The state(SC) is so stupid-----so i guess you know you're in the south when you have a stop sign as the end of you're driveway!!!

The whole time I've been reading this thread I never thought to tell you what the name of my county is----HORRY

99% of the tourists that come here pronounce it WHOREY!!!

LOL- just had to put that in there- if you're wandering how to pronounce it- the H is silent - so just pronounce ORRY!!!!

That's exactly the way I pronounced it, "whoory" I have to admit. LOL

Kris

I was surfing the UT news channel since that is where I am origanally from and there is a song about city names in UT you should check it out. www.ksl.com and look for Tribute to Utah
There is a metal tree they show in the video it is literally in the middle of nowhere and a guy spent about 1 million to bulid it. (it was on Amazing race family edition)

Last edited:
Jennie4PC said:
I was surfing the UT news channel since that is where I am origanally from and there is a song about city names in UT you should check it out. www.ksl.com and look for Tribute to Utah
There is a metal tree they show in the video it is literally in the middle of nowhere and a guy spent about 1 million to bulid it. (it was on Amazing race family edition)
This thing is amazing. It is in the middle of the Great Salt Desert, about 100 miles west of Toole and can be seen from 30 miles away. In fact, when you look out at the Great Salt Desert, all you see is miles and miles of miles and miles.

10.jpg

Do a google search if you want to read more about it - it's called "Metaphor or the Tree of Life".

hey thanks kitchen guy for posting a pic, when we drive back and forth and I see that I know we are 1/2 way there to were we are going

I got a kick out of Wendover, myself. Wendover is kinda small, bleak and has a few crummy motels (that are full only during Speed Week, I'm sure) and a few gas stations, but as soon as you cross the big white line on the main street that shows the difference between Wendover, Utah and West Wendover, Nevada, you cross over into Neon City. What a contrast!

I don't live anywhere near these... but in FLA, there are:

****roach Road (NEVER would I live there - YUCK!)
Palmetto Lane
Yucca Lane
Lady Bug Lane

I do live near Red Bug Lake Road. But, those other ones... no thanks.... :)

and I know in Arkansas there is a Lizard County.... my aunt and uncle used to live there. :)

Have fun everyone!
Jaye

jwpamp said:
Oh wait, here's more...

You know you're from Indiana when....

You know several people who have hit a deer.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.

You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?" or "Who are you gonna go with?"

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, or grain.

Pop is a drink, not a sound.

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

You consider being called a "Pork Queen" an honor.

You carry jumper cables in your car.

Hey, I just love this place!:D

Some of these sound like North Carolina

They do don't they Catherine! Where is Lucama - I thought I knew every town in our state!!!

In Alaska, where I'm originally from there is a small bar/gas station halfway between Anchorage and Fairbanks called Skinny Dicks Hallfway Inn. They do sell T-shirts I believe. And when we were stationed in Arkansas...we used to pass the town of Toad Suck everytime we went to visit my grandparents, who lived in RatCliffe

There is a restaurant in Flintstone, MD (or near by) call Roadside Kill Cafe.

It sells regular home cooked food and it is delicious but they have a menu for people - first timers because they do remember if you were there before or not, that has weird menu items, like pretty possium plate, squirel nutty cake, etc. it is a very nice cafe, when you first get there you will think that you are in Mabury RFD

We've got
Moccosins Swamp
Swamp Road
Turkey Trot #1
Turkey Trot #2
Neck Road
Neck B Road

my old house was on Sandy Dyke Lane, and this intersected with Stubbins Lane....LOL...both in the UK!

Yes, I had to bring back this old thread back to the top, I got this email today from my Aunt and I thought it would go perfectly with this thread.....

THE RULES OF TEXAS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road." I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are cattle &; oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-20 and I-10 go east and west, I-35 goes north and south. Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 cotton strippers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. Yeah, we eat catfish &; crawfish. You really want sushi &; caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham &; turkey.

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Picante Sauce! ! Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!! Chili was born and bred in San Antonio.... and real chili never met a tomato!

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

13. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.

15. Colleges? Try Texas Tech, Baylor, Texas A&;M or University of Texas. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.

16 We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, than any other state, so "Don't Mess with Texas," If you do, you will get whipped by the best.

17. Always remember what our great governor Sam Houston once said: "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" Texas is the greatest state ever!! If you are from Texas you are one bad hombre!!! If you do not repost this in 10 min. you are not a true Texan!!!!!!

jdavis said:
Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!! Chili was born and bred in San Antonio.... and real chili never met a tomato!

I don't agree with that... I quite like Skyline Chili. There's even a science to eating it. :)

I totally have to disagree w/ the chili one also! How can you make chili w/out a tomato? lol

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • Tropicalburstqt2