• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yikes - Director Just Gave Me a Booking for Tomorrow!

In summary, the chef had a small show with two guests and barely met the qualification. She left her stone at the host's house and is worried about her show average going down.
Muppetgal
Silver Member
ANd it's a recipe I have never done!

it's the caramel pecan ring...any tips or things I should know?

lucky!That's nice that your director gave you one of her bookings! Wish that would happen with my hospitality director!

she sprained her ankle so can't do it.

JUST WING IT! Have fun! Tell them you're the "Pinch Consultant". I had my director call MOMENTS before a show! The consultant cancelled and the host called the HO. The HO called my director and she couldn't do it, so she called me. It was about 6pm and the show was to start at 7pm, and I was about 20 minutes away. I did two--count 'em--two recipes I had never made before. Couldn't find them in my cookbooks, so I had to go by some photocopy. The host was relieved I showed up. We laughed most of the evening! It worked out to be about $500 show. Not bad!

well this may be really cynical but I think she didn't want to do it because she thought it was going to be crap! :rolleyes:

4 guests, barely reached the qualifications with £127 in sales. Two "maybe" bookings for July (not confident in them though) and I left my bloody stone at her house by mistake, so now I need to go all the way out there again tomorrow!

Oh well....I've made the caramel pecan ring now though! And because it was small group I ate some too!

Good things usually come out of small shows for me! I put in a little extra Customer Service, go the extra mile, and usually get customers for LIFE at those little shows!
Dont be down about a small show. If it's more than $0, it's all good! :D

yeah, at least it qualified, but it will drag my show average down. i think my director may be getting a bit worried, HO have actually noticed my show average has gone up really quickly and even said something to her! ;)

Have a HUGE show on Friday, should be 15 - 20 people there, with a few outside orders and one booking already, so that will be fun!

If I am going something and make a mistake, I always say.... "I'm a pampered chef, not a perfect chef" it usually makes for a chuckle from the guests... :p

I can't help but think when you do something nice (like cover for someone) it comes back to you!

HO called about your show average?

What do I do if the booking is for a product I am not familiar with?

If the booking is for a product you are not familiar with, don't panic! Take some time to familiarize yourself with the product by reading the product description and watching any training videos available. You can also reach out to your team leader or other consultants for tips and advice.

How do I prepare for a last-minute booking?

First, make sure you have all the necessary supplies for the product being featured. Then, review the recipes and demonstration techniques for the product. If you have time, practice the demonstration at home to ensure you are comfortable with it. Lastly, double check that you have all the necessary ingredients and supplies for the demonstration.

What if I don't have enough time to prepare for the booking?

If you do not have enough time to fully prepare for the booking, don't stress. Focus on the most important aspects, such as knowing the product and its features, and having the necessary supplies and ingredients. You can also ask for help from other consultants or your team leader.

How do I handle a booking with a large number of guests?

If you have a large number of guests for a last-minute booking, it's important to stay organized. Make a list of the guests' names and contact information beforehand, and have enough supplies and ingredients for everyone. You can also ask for help from other consultants to ensure a smooth and successful demonstration.

What if something goes wrong during the booking?

If something goes wrong during the booking, such as a product not working or running out of a key ingredient, it's important to stay calm and handle the situation professionally. You can try to substitute with a similar product or find a creative solution. Remember to apologize to the guests and offer to follow up with them after the booking to address any concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01
  • RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • PCJenni