• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow Calls -2009 Calls W/ Upper Level Directors

In summary, the WOW calls offer great advice on booking summer and theme shows. There is a way to save the recordings to your personal computer files and replay them.
Will definitely check them out...thanks for posting!

Thanks...I need to get motivated.

Esavvy!!! Thank you, Thank you! I need to burn these asap! LOL

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Esavvy!!! Thank you, Thank you! I need to burn these asap! LOL

How are you burning them? I've been trying to figure out how to save the recordings from Audio Acrobat so I can listen to them on my iPod, but nothing I've done so far has worked :cry:

thanks........

How can I download these? I can only figure out how to listen to them in the browser.Thanks.

PamperedK said:
How can I download these? I can only figure out how to listen to them in the browser.

Thanks.

I'd like to know how to do this too - I'd like to burn them to CD, but cannot figure out how to download them?

Sorry Girls....I've been burning the other courses and thought it was similar. Will figure it out and get back to you. I know there has to be a way. = )

If you right click on the links posted , then click on "save as" you can save them to your personal computer files. I was able to replay them from there. As far as burning a CD, I have to wait for my husband. I did it once and now I cannot remember plus depending on your system it may be different.

Sorry- I didn't realize there was another set of "WOW Calls" with different leaders. But you can see who does these (I really enjoyed Nancy Jo's and Marie's- as far as tips, etc.) If Nancy Jo can have consist $1k shows, then I better pay attention to what she's saying about host coaching.Sorry I can't offer any CD/saving advice. I run on a Mac and have completely forgotten all my old PC ways. :D

Well, I figured out a way to save the files locally, but it involves a lot of hoops, and is not for the computer timid sorts. It involves finding the cache file, copying it, saving it elsewhere, and renaming it. If you really want details, PM me :)

esavvymom said:
Sorry- I didn't realize there was another set of "WOW Calls" with different leaders. But you can see who does these (I really enjoyed Nancy Jo's and Marie's- as far as tips, etc.) If Nancy Jo can have consist $1k shows, then I better pay attention to what she's saying about host coaching.

Sorry I can't offer any CD/saving advice. I run on a Mac and have completely forgotten all my old PC ways. :D

I'm on a Mac too - so how did you save them?

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm on a Mac too - so how did you save them?

I use an application called "WireTap Pro". It will record anything that is playing on your computer. I open up WireTap, then just start listening to the audio file for the call (or I can use Skype through my computer and call the playback numbers if it's telephone call without the audio playback option). Anyway, anything playing on my computer will be recorded by the WireTap application. The only thing- make sure you have selected to record Hard Drive. It has an option to record off the microphone on your laptop too- I did that last week and recorded MYSELF talking in the rom on the phone, while I was trying to record Nancy Jo's call. I had it on the audio and Microphone setting...oops!

I found this site for you if you'd like to try it. It's a http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25421, and if you liked it, this version shows it is only $19.95. It's about the same version as mine - so should work perfectly well for what you'd be using it for. But then you have an MP3 recording on your computer to playback anytime or copy to CD/Ipod. I personally can't believe I've lived without it! it looks like you just have to have Mac OS 10.3 or higher.

It sounds more complicated than it is- but if you aren't sure, and your DH is the technically inclined, maybe he can help you install it after you've downloaded it....although Macs- you usually just click on things and it does it for you. Then open it from the "applications" folder.

Good luck. I tried doing the 'right-click' move on these files- but they have it blocked. It will save it to your computer, but when you click on it- it just opens the internet to listen to it.

Sorry Windows users- to my knowledge, this app only works on Macs.

esavvymom said:
I use an application called "WireTap Pro". It will record anything that is playing on your computer. I open up WireTap, then just start listening to the audio file for the call (or I can use Skype through my computer and call the playback numbers if it's telephone call without the audio playback option). Anyway, anything playing on my computer will be recorded by the WireTap application. The only thing- make sure you have selected to record Hard Drive. It has an option to record off the microphone on your laptop too- I did that last week and recorded MYSELF talking in the rom on the phone, while I was trying to record Nancy Jo's call. I had it on the audio and Microphone setting...oops!

I found this site for you if you'd like to try it. It's a http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25421, and if you liked it, this version shows it is only $19.95. It's about the same version as mine - so should work perfectly well for what you'd be using it for. But then you have an MP3 recording on your computer to playback anytime or copy to CD/Ipod. I personally can't believe I've lived without it! it looks like you just have to have Mac OS 10.3 or higher.

It sounds more complicated than it is- but if you aren't sure, and your DH is the technically inclined, maybe he can help you install it after you've downloaded it....although Macs- you usually just click on things and it does it for you. Then open it from the "applications" folder.

Good luck. I tried doing the 'right-click' move on these files- but they have it blocked. It will save it to your computer, but when you click on it- it just opens the internet to listen to it.

Sorry Windows users- to my knowledge, this app only works on Macs.

Yeah - I tried that too.

And I had to laugh about my DH being the more technically inclined.

Ummm, if you were telling me how to rebuild an engine, or tranny...or how to install brakes or air conditioning, or how to wire a house for electric or do plumbing... then he would definitely be my Go To Guy...but the computer? Hee Hee!

Did anyone get the doc's discussed in the calls? I'm curious to see what the "Dear Wow Month Host" letter says?

I got some at the beginning. I'll try to post what they gave me so far. I'll try to do that sometime by end of Friday. (trying to control how much time I spend on here!! :D)

I would like to know how to download these too. I'm at work now. I will get back to it when I get home.

Vista users, I figured out how to find the cache files. You have to tell it to un-hide the files in the explorer window. In window's explorer, go to your local drive and click on Organize, Folder and search options, then choose view, then choose show hidden files and folders.

Here are the files I have received so far. If there are specific others mentioned, let me know. I'll email my director to get them (She's out of town right now till next week, so I may not get them until next week at earliest unless my recruiter has them.)Files- pt 1

Attachments

• WOWCall-Tipstohelpyourmonthrunmoresmoothly.doc
    27 KB · Views: 440
  • WOWCall-BookingsAreEverywhere.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 568
  • WOWCalls-TheBigPicture.doc
    24 KB · Views: 343
  • WOWCalls-HelloFriendsChallengeLetter.doc
    29 KB · Views: 370
  • WOWCalls-FundraiserTipSheet.doc
    91.5 KB · Views: 658
Files- part 2:

Attachments

• WOWCalls--DestinationMap.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 382
  • WOWCalls-SalesOMeterinpdf.pdf
    16.1 KB · Views: 329
  • WOWCalls-OtherActivitiestoBuildSales.doc
    29 KB · Views: 394
  • WOWCalls-MysteryHostessPartyInvite!.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 434
esavvymom said:
Call #4-"How to book your Summer/Theme Shows" with Marie Friedag
This was just recorded tonight so I don't have the web link YET but will update as soon as I get it. But for now, here is the playback number:

Playback number 712--432-1088
Access Code 252630#
*this just finished recording on May 26th, so not sure when it's ready to listen to- but should be soon*

Did you ever get the link for this fourth call?

NooraK said:
Did you ever get the link for this fourth call?
Not yet, and my director is out of town. I just sent an email to Marie Friedag. It was her call last week, so hopefully she'll know (or she'll contact Nancy Jo who I think set up these calls). As soon as I see it (if avail), then I'll post it, I promise! :D

Do you have handout What to say when host coach

*This isn't from a handout that I've received- but it was in my ED's newsletter- it was from Nancy's call. I'm still trying to get any additional handouts from my directory. Sorry. I'll listen to the call(s) again tonight and make a list of the handouts mentioned. If there is a specific one mentioned that you've heard, let me know and I'll ask.

---------------

HOST COACHING
Exec Dir. Don Funt has a show avg. of $900-$950 per show. Cancellations have gone WAY down. Why?

He began sending invitations for his hosts with a mini catalog since May 2006. He sends a note to the host 3 weeks before the show when they haven’t sent their guest list to him: “I have not received your guest list yet. If I do not receive it within 5 days, I will need to resell your date because I count on your business for income.”

The mini catalog only costs $6.40 more to mail instead of just an invitation. In the first two shows in which he began sending the mini catalog, he received $800 and $1,100 in OUTSIDE ORDERS!

Advantages to sending the mini catalog: you control the mailing, you know how many have been invited, you create excitement before the show, you generate pre-show orders.

For hosts who balk at giving addresses to you, tell them you will be getting the guest addresses at the show anyway in order to protect their product warranty. They will usually understand.

When they say “I don’t really need a lot for myself,” Nancy Jo Ryan said in a recent WOW training call that she usually uses that clue to ask them if they’d like to use their show to raise funds for one of their favorite organizations.

Last edited:
There also was a mention of a WOW host letter

Thank you very much, every tip helps!!! June specials have me positively excited I can make it a great S.A.T. month!!
Cary

All,I finally got the 4th URL Link to the last call- and have updated the original post. You can now click on Call #4 to the link.As far as handouts....I'm dead in the water at the moment. Both my Senior Director and my Ex.Director are out of town until Friday....so I'll just wait till they get back and hopefully my ED (Chris Manion) will provide the documents. She was the one sending them to my SD anyway.Thanks for your patience-but the calls have great stuff, even without all of the handouts. :D

Bobbi, Thanks for shareing!

I was able to type up some notes from Call # 3 last night. Nancy Jo had one of her consultants share part of her story. I was inspired by Susanne Cain's (sp?) story of what she did last year. She was managing a couple shows a month. After NC, she came home and decided to jump onto the "Top 50 Sales Challenge" that had been given in June. This is the same challenge just issued last week I think for THIS summer. So she said she started making phone calls. She made lists of "potential hosts", "past hosts", "preferred customers" and called relentless. 30, 40, 70 calls a day. She said she MOSTLY got voicemail also. (I think people use Caller ID- I know I usually do! I figure if it's important, they'll leave a message. ). Here is what she said she would say on the message:

Hi! This is Susanne Cain (your name here!). I haven’t talked to you in a long time. I just wanted to let you know what is going on with The Pampered Chef. This month, I’m doing meals-in-minutes shows where you can learn how to do Chicken Fajitas in the microwave in about 15 minutes. I’m offering some special incentives for my hosts because I’m working towards the Top-50 Sales challenge and I’d love for you to be one of those hosts to help me do that!

Please give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

She said the amazing thing was, PEOPLE CALLED HER BACK! She ended up booking 10 shows in August (including 2 cat.shows I think it was). Those 10 shows turned into 28 shows for Sept/Oct, and SHE GOT THE TOP_50 SALES CHALLENGE!!! In one month! SHe also went on to earn TPC and the trip to PARIS this year! I was inspired!! She did these calls right after NC and still got all of that! (Her sales before that were less than $2000 a month I think?)

So I tell you this, because it can give you some words and hopefully give you hope to keep trying. I don't know what message you are leaving, but maybe come up with your "special incentive" for your hosts. I'm offering a "Free Cooking" show (ingredients for 1 recipe/beverage, invites, plates/cups/forks, etc), and a $15 gift certifcate for June and $10 gc for July bookings. Plus each host goes into a drawing for a new Trifle Bowl.

But I wanted to share the words she gave, in case anyone else wants to join me in trying to have the best summer ever!!! I can't say it's worked for me YET- because I just typed her message/notes yesterday and made my list of calls to make last night. I'm going to hit the phones this week and see what happens!

1. What is the purpose of the "WOW calls" series?

The purpose of the "WOW calls" series is to provide valuable information and resources for upper level directors in order to help them improve their business and increase their success.

2. Who are the speakers for the "WOW calls" and what are their topics?

The speakers for the "WOW calls" series are Diane Engle, Patty Mocerino, Nancy Jo Ryan, and Marie Friedag. They cover topics such as bookings, recruiting, host coaching, increasing show average, and booking summer/theme shows.

3. How can I access the audio recordings of the "WOW calls"?

The audio recordings of the "WOW calls" can be accessed through the provided links for each call. Simply click on the link and it will take you to the recording.

4. How often are the "WOW calls" held?

The "WOW calls" are held on a regular basis, typically once a week or every other week. However, the frequency may vary depending on the availability of the speakers and the needs of the participants.

5. Can I participate in the "WOW calls" if I am not an upper level director?

The "WOW calls" are specifically designed for upper level directors, but anyone who is interested in the topics and wants to learn more about improving their business is welcome to listen to the recordings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • PampMomof3