• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Would You Rather: Painful Guests & $800 Sales or Great Guests & $400 Sales?

S
sfdavis918
The thread about the worst guest nominations and my show tonight got me thinking, would you rather have a show with pain in the patootie guests and sales of $800 or guests who are great, but sales of only $400?

My show tonight was great sales wise, but horrible show wise. Kids running around, guests talking, one who in the middle of my talking looked like she was going to run away. When I asked if she was ok (stopping my demo) she said yeah, I'm just waiting for you to total my order! Ok, I'm working here! Granted, the order was for almost $200!

So what would you rather have?

geez, I think I just had that party (people talking all the time, kids running around, maybe two people listening at any given time) but it is now over $800 and I got a booking with a host that may be a possible recruit! I guess those aren't so bad every once in a while, but please (!) not every show.:rolleyes:

HonestlyHonestly if the $400 show will produce people who are listening and paying attention to my demo in hopes that they will either become consultants someday wanting to do what I do, host some shows based on the host information I gave them, or become a loyal customer because the demo proved the tools are wonderful...
I would want the lower sales to get those results.

It would be great to get both. But if an $800 show will produce no bookings and no loyal customers, I woud want the $400 show!!

Debbie :D

That's a tough question...just glad I don't have to choose!

as much as I want the sales, I would rather that they were into my demo and book, so I'd take the $400 show. Unfortunately, we never know until the show is underway!

give me the sales anyday... I can work the booking and recruit possibilities by calling after the show and getting them alone on the phone

I would rather have people paying attention to me. I like sales, but I really like informing people about how great our products are and how well they fit in their kitchen.

As a general rule, I'd rather have lower sales with people who are actually having fun. In my experience, those are the shows that lead to great bookings. The others are the shows that absolutely drain me of the desire to go out and do the next one.

raebates said:
As a general rule, I'd rather have lower sales with people who are actually having fun. In my experience, those are the shows that lead to great bookings. The others are the shows that absolutely drain me of the desire to go out and do the next one.

I am so with you there Rae!! It is also draining to do your best show night after night (not literally) and have low sales. The guests seem to really be into the show and following you and laughing and having a ball, but the sales don't reflect the atmosphere. That's what I've been experiencing lately.

Because you never know how a show is going to turn out until it's over, you put your all into every show. My husband is always telling me, "well, was it worth all of that work for a $200 show?" I tell him, "how am I supposed to know what the sales are going to be beforehand? I have to work each show as if it will be a $1000 show."

That's why I started defining a successful show as one at which everyone has fun and at least one person learns something. If I walk away feeling like it's a successful show, the $ amount doesn't matter as much.

I would rather have a show where I've made good customer connections, taught someone something or gained bookings over dollars. One good show of $900 is instant gratification, but a lifelong customer will be better commission & relationshipwise.

Related to Would You Rather: Painful Guests & $800 Sales or Great Guests & $400 Sales?

1. What are the potential consequences of choosing painful guests and high sales versus great guests and lower sales?

The consequences of choosing painful guests and high sales could include a negative and stressful work environment, potential damage to the brand or reputation of the show, and difficulty in retaining loyal viewers or customers. On the other hand, choosing great guests and lower sales could result in a more enjoyable and smooth show experience, positive word-of-mouth promotion, and possibly better long-term relationships with customers.

2. How do you determine the value of a guest aside from their contribution to sales?

The value of a guest can be determined by factors such as their level of engagement and interest in the show, their behavior and attitude towards the host and other guests, their potential for future collaborations or partnerships, and their overall impact on the success of the show. These factors can be difficult to measure, but can greatly influence the overall success and reputation of a show.

3. Is it better to prioritize high sales over a positive guest experience?

Ultimately, it depends on the goals and values of the show and its host. Some may prioritize high sales as the main objective, while others may prioritize creating a positive and enjoyable experience for both guests and viewers. It is important to find a balance and prioritize both aspects in order to maintain a successful and sustainable show.

4. How can you handle difficult or disruptive guests while still maintaining a successful show?

One approach is to have clear guidelines and expectations for guests before they appear on the show. This can help prevent disruptive behavior and set a professional tone for the show. In the case of unexpected disruptive behavior, the host can calmly address the situation and try to redirect the conversation back to the topic at hand. It is also important to have a plan in place for handling difficult guests, such as having a co-host or producer step in to assist if needed.

5. Can a show with low sales still be considered successful if the guest experience is positive?

Success can be measured in various ways, and a show with low sales but a positive guest experience can still be considered successful. This is because a positive guest experience can lead to long-term relationships and potential future collaborations, which can ultimately contribute to the success of the show in the long run. Additionally, creating a positive and enjoyable experience for guests can help attract and retain loyal viewers, which can also be a measure of success for a show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandynichoal
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies