• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Women's Expo?

MaggieChef13

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2013
So, I am really new to PC.... Haven't even made money yet!
I spoke with a lady who is doing a women's expo. It will be two times this year and 6 times next for $300.
The event had 5000 in attendance last few they had this year. 20- 30 other vendors. No other PC.
The lady doesn't like avon or mary kay so none of them there.

She was really excited to hear from someone from PC. When she told me $300 I could understand why many backed out.
Anyways. I figured this would be a great way to network and share the business opportunity.
She wants me to do a speech about how PC helped me and how it can help others, and possibly a cooking demo.
I don't have any ''professional'' looking PC signs.

I work at Mcdonald's part time so this would all come out of my pocket for now. ( I don't have anyone to borrow from )
She wants the money next week so my cell phone bill probably wont be paid.

Since I haven't really been ''successful yet'' I would worry that I would slip up and say this!
I have a recruiting binder made with no commission checks from me in it.

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
I've got red flags going off all over the place. Do you know anyone who is familiar with this event? 20-30 vendors does not sound like a lot of vendors for over 5000 in attendance. I'd ask to see a list of vendors (company & consultant names) who have participated and then I'd call some of them. What happens if you pay your money up front and the event(s) next year doesn't take place? Have you seen the contract? If there is no contract, RUN!

MaggieChef13

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2013
I'm speaking with the lady tomorrow and there is a contract. I'm not from the area where the event is and honestly I dont know a lot of people ( Which is why Im looking at events )
Thanks for the tip to call other vendors.

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
This makes me think of BNI (Business Network International)

Benefits of Membership

Substantially increased referrals.
Tools to network more effectively, including an orientation cassette tape giving the "Formula for Success" in BNI, a badge, a vinyl card holder to carry members' business cards, referral slips, marketing materials for your chapter and much, much more.
Participation in up to 52 networking meetings per year.
Quarterly newsletters with educational material on networking, public speaking, and business.
Participation in business tradeshows (where you'll have an opportunity to market your chapter and your business).
Free periodic workshops on networking.
And much, much more!!!

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
Maggie,

Since you are SO new, I really suggest you stick to the basics. Don't put out a lot of money (for things like BNI or the Women's Expo). Find local craft/holiday fairs (where you are spending $20-$30 to participate) if you need customers/hosts. If you spend a bunch of money before you are making money, you are going to get burned out fast.

My best advice for your right now is KEEP IT SIMPLE. Pampered Chef is not a quick money making scheme. It is a business you can build and develop and that will likely take more time and energy than you first anticipated. Do the things that are suggested in the online training. Don't throw money at your business -- throw your time, energy and enthusiasm at it. This will make you successful.

MaggieChef13

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2013
all of those fairs \ craft fairs already have someone from PC booked until January :\ ive called evvery church, firehouse, school in a 25 mile radius.

MaggieChef13

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2013
this is 30 to 40 craft fairs. which is why i looked at this expo. It just feels like there are too many PC people who live in a small area. I do not go to church ( atheist ) and I am not part of any organization or school.