• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Bridal Expo Worth the Cost? Weighing My Options

In summary, the conversation is discussing the worth of attending bridal expos for the cost of $250 or $350. The speaker is debating whether it is worth the money and is unsure about how much to charge for selling time slots. They are also considering the potential results and if it is worth the investment, as they have never done a bridal expo before. The other person suggests getting information on attendance and publicity to make a decision. The speaker shares their previous experience with a similar expo that had too few attendees. They also mention an upcoming expo at a mall for a cost of $250 for a group of four consultants, with the potential for non-bridal traffic as well.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
So if you had the opportunity for an Bridal expo for 250 and or 350 is it worth the money. Two different ones have offered to allow me to attend and I am debating. I would offer to cluster and sell some times but want to know in advance if you think the prices is too high for prospective results. What would I need for this if I do sign up since I have never done a bridal expo but am certainly looking to add this to my business?:confused:

Get an idea of what kind of attendance they get and how much publicity they do. How many hours does it run so that if you divide it into time slots to sell you can figure out how much to charge for each slot and whether you would have one or two people per slot.

I recently passed on an expo that expects 250 people (that's people, not just brides), charging $150 for about 3 hours. For me that's not enough people attending b/c they may not all stop at the PC booth. I usually do better getting leads from the non-brides who attend since they're not as caught up in the wedding planning frenzy. The cost was too high of a risk not feeling I would get at least 2 bookings from it to make back my money. At lot of these expos are aimed at the caterers, photographers, etc. who have it built into their business expenses to drop $1,000 for an expo and the supplies.

I'm doing one at a mall this weekend with 3 other consultants. The cost was $250 (total, so $63ish each). We get a list of names, addresses, email and phone numbers at the end for all the brides who registered for the event. I was told we would be the only PC booth there, and that they typically have at least 300 registered brides. Also, the mall is open for regular business so we'll have the possibility of non-bridal traffic as well!

1. What can I expect to gain from attending a Bridal Expo?

Attending a Bridal Expo can provide you with a wide range of benefits. You will have the opportunity to meet and connect with various wedding vendors, receive discounts and deals on products and services, gather inspiration and ideas for your wedding, and possibly win prizes through raffles and giveaways.

2. How much does it typically cost to attend a Bridal Expo?

The cost of attending a Bridal Expo can vary depending on the location, size, and vendors participating. Some expos may have a small entrance fee, while others may be free to attend. It is important to research and compare different expos to find one that fits your budget.

3. Will there be food and drinks provided at the Bridal Expo?

Many Bridal Expos offer complimentary food and drinks for attendees. This can include samples from catering companies, wedding cakes, and drinks from local bars or breweries. However, it is always a good idea to check with the expo beforehand to see if food and drinks will be provided.

4. How can attending a Bridal Expo help me save money on my wedding?

Bridal Expos often have special deals and discounts for attendees. You may be able to save money on wedding vendors such as photographers, florists, and caterers by booking them at the expo. Additionally, you may be able to win prizes or receive free samples that can help cut costs for your wedding.

5. Is attending a Bridal Expo necessary for planning a wedding?

No, attending a Bridal Expo is not necessary for planning a wedding. However, it can be a helpful resource for gathering ideas and connecting with vendors all in one place. If you are on a tight budget, you may be able to plan your wedding without attending a Bridal Expo, but it can still be a fun and informative experience for couples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • citymouse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • MaggieChef13