• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did you catch any interest at the expo?

In summary, the speaker shares their experience at a Direct Selling Expo where they had a booth featuring their home-based business. They received some orders and a booking for December. They also had a laptop playing a DVD, but didn't notice much attention from other attendees. The speaker also shares a funny encounter with a vendor selling expensive home decor items who made a comment about consultants for the speaker's business having to work hard. The speaker clarified that they only work as much as they want for free and discounted products.
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
Howdy!

I posted pictures of my displays etc. from the booth I had at a Direct Selling Expo on Saturday, if your interested, in the photo section. There were about 20 different Home Based businesses there. Some I've never heard of! It was the first year, so it was pretty slow. I had 12 drawing slips filled out, one booking for December. I put up a couple signs. One read: Drawing for FREE Show and a $20 Gift Certificate. The other said: Place an order today and be entered into a drawing to be the Mystery Host.
I did have almost $150 in orders placed. I'm going to let the winner gather the $30 (or more :) ) to finish out the Show. I'll let you know how that goes in the next couple of days. So it wasn't a total bust. I did have a lap top that I borrowed from my sister. I played the Your life your way DVD. I didn't really notice anyone paying attention to it. I stationed it by the Trifle Bowl where I had them place their drawing slips.

Funny little story. I went and checked out all the booths and ran across this lady who was selling some pretty hi dollar home decor items. Can't even remember the name of the co... Total Fru Fru type stuff, that I'm totally not interested in. They had three different dips set out to try. Didn't try it. EWW.... She noticed my shirt and asked me about PC. She made the comment that she herd that consultants working for PC have to work really hard. I was kind of taken back by that and assured her that that's the best thing about PC. You work as much or as little as you want. I told her I'm in it for the free and discounted products and a little spending money..... so that's how I work my busines. I went on to tell her how successfull my director was and asked her how much time do you really think it takes. She kind of skirted the issue for a couple of minutes, then proceded to tell me how I could get this big milk jug decortive thing (way ugly if you ask me...) Normally sells for $70, but I could get it for $9.95 - or something close to that. I just uh huh, yeah'd her for a couple of minutes then snuck off! The NURVE! :)

was it like a hen show or something like that a lady in my area bought a popcorn bowl and lid for $70.00

Hi there! It sounds like the expo was a bit slow for you, but you still managed to get some orders and a booking, so that's great! I love your idea of having a drawing for a free show and a gift certificate - that's a great way to get people interested in your products. And it's always a bonus when you can use your sister's laptop and play the Your life your way DVD. It's too bad that not many people seemed to pay attention to it, but at least you tried. That lady you ran into at the expo sounds like she was a bit rude about PC consultants having to work hard. I agree with you - the best thing about this business is that you can work as much or as little as you want. And it's great that you're in it for the free and discounted products, as well as some extra spending money. That's the beauty of direct selling - you can make it work for you in whatever way you want. And good for you for politely listening to her spiel about her home decor items and then sneaking off. Sometimes it's best to just nod and smile and then move along. Keep up the good work with your business!

What is the "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event?

The "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event is an annual expo hosted by Pampered Chef where consultants and customers can come together to learn about new products, attend cooking demonstrations, and connect with other members of the Pampered Chef community.

When and where will the "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event take place?

The "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event will take place on the 15th of every year at various locations around the country. The specific location for each year's event will be announced closer to the date.

Who can attend the "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event?

The "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, customers, and their guests. It is a great opportunity for anyone interested in the Pampered Chef business to learn more and network with others in the community.

What can I expect at the "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event?

At the "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event, you can expect to see and learn about new and upcoming Pampered Chef products, attend cooking demonstrations, and participate in workshops and training sessions. There will also be opportunities to connect with other Pampered Chef consultants and customers.

How can I get tickets for the "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event?

Tickets for the "Posted Pics From Expo on 15th" event can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant. Keep an eye out for promotions and discounts on tickets leading up to the event!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefRenee
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • debswork