• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy moms with deployed spouses?

In summary, you have been offered the opportunity to do a demo/show at a support group for wives of deployed soldiers. The organizer is looking for ways to help moms make quick and easy meals for their kids. Some suggestions for your demo/show include investment cooking, getting kids involved in the kitchen, and make-ahead meals. This is a great opportunity for your business and you can also offer tips on meal planning and prepping. Good luck with your demo/show!
abrahamlaur
Hey ladies ... I have a question. I have an opportunity to do a demo/show at a support group for wives of deployed soldiers here in my town. The organizer would like something that would help the moms learn how to make meals for their kids, fast, easy etc etc ... i dont really know wehre to start, could someone please help me?

There's info around on investment cooking - that would be a great topic to cover. If you search the files for "investment" there should be some great things that come up.

Or how about kids in the kitchen- teaching things that are easy enough that the kids can help get meals ready at home. Kids can handle mixing, measuring, etc. and older kids can learn basic knife safety. Then cooking becomes a family activity instead of just a chore for mom. :)

I would also look into the 'make-ahead' meals, 'power cooking', and 'stork the freezer'...those are all the different names for the investment cooking that Ann referred to. The new 29 minutes to dinner cookbook will be a big help too!! Depending on when the show is, you may be able to offer the 'Real Food, Real Fast' theme too!!

Congrats on getting such a great opportunity!! Maybe they will make it a regular thing for each deployment cycle!! Wouldn't that be great for your business?!!!

I'm attaching what I had... I originally got this info from Jacque Ruddy in CA. Some of it I have modified for myself. Hope it helps! :)

Attachments

• DinnerMakeoverInvitation-PowerCooking.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 311
  • PowerCookingFlyer!.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 274
  • PowerCookingHints_RecipesHandout.doc
    59 KB · Views: 294
  • PowerToolList.doc
    43 KB · Views: 245
Hi there! Congratulations on the opportunity to do a demo/show at the support group for deployed soldiers' wives. It sounds like a great opportunity to share your knowledge and skills with others. As for ideas for the demo/show, I would suggest focusing on quick and easy meal options that are also nutritious for kids. You could showcase recipes that use simple and accessible ingredients, as well as demonstrate time-saving techniques in the kitchen. Additionally, you could also offer tips on meal planning and prepping for busy parents. I'm sure the group will greatly appreciate your expertise and helpful tips. Best of luck with your demo/show!

Related to What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy moms with deployed spouses?

1. What resources are available for wives of deployed soldiers?

There are many resources available for wives of deployed soldiers, including support groups, counseling services, financial assistance, and online forums. The Army Community Service and Military Family Life Counselors are also great resources for military spouses.

2. How can I stay connected with my spouse during deployment?

There are several ways to stay connected with your spouse during deployment, such as writing letters, sending care packages, and using technology like video calls and messaging apps. Some military bases also offer programs for spouses to stay connected with their deployed partners.

3. What should I expect when my spouse returns from deployment?

When your spouse returns from deployment, it is important to understand that they may have changed and may need time to readjust to civilian life. It is also common for them to experience post-deployment stress or PTSD. It is important to communicate openly and seek support if needed.

4. How can I manage my emotions while my spouse is deployed?

Managing emotions while your spouse is deployed can be challenging. It is important to have a support system in place, whether it be friends, family, or a support group. It is also important to take care of yourself by practicing self-care and finding healthy ways to cope with stress.

5. How can I help my children cope with their parent's deployment?

It is important to be open and honest with your children about their parent's deployment, but also to provide reassurance and support. You can also involve them in activities to stay connected with their deployed parent, such as making care packages or sending letters. It is also important to maintain routines and seek support if your children are struggling with the deployment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies