• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will Outdoor Utensils Scratch My Plates?

In summary, the utensils can be scratched, but they don't break. The plates are just plastic, and can be scratched with forks or knives, but they can be salvaged if they are found after being thrown away.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I have a host who got the outdoor plates and utensils and she's wondering if the utensils will scratch the plates.

Can anyone answer her question for me?

TIA! :)

The plates are just plastic - they can be scratched. The great thing is, though - they don't break!! Very important for reuseable outdoor stuff!!

I use both together very often and I have not noticed scratches on the plates.... not to say they will never scratch though

Just don't use a knife. My kids use them all the time. If they use just forks it's okay. One has a scratch on it but it was because "I don't know" use a knife.

I love the plates. We use them for the kids' everyday plates now. They can get scratched but only if the kids dig their forks into it or with a knife when I get lazy and cut on the plate. :)

Thanks for the info! About the knives....is that using the PC outdoor plastic knives??

They're surprisingly sharp.

Thank you! I will pass on the info! :)

Just a funny tidbit. I had a party here a few weeks ago and we ran out of utensils, so, I got out my pampered chef utensils. I made 2 very loud announcements about "don't throw out my good plastic silverware". Everyone laughed and kept eatting. The next day after the party, I was unloading my dishwasher and lo and behold, I was missing 1 fork! Luckly the garbage hadn't picked up and I had to go dig in the can. Very luckly, there it was only 3 or 4 plates into the garbage can. didn't have to dig too much. :)

tabnat80 said:
Just a funny tidbit. I had a party here a few weeks ago and we ran out of utensils, so, I got out my pampered chef utensils. I made 2 very loud announcements about "don't throw out my good plastic silverware". Everyone laughed and kept eatting. The next day after the party, I was unloading my dishwasher and lo and behold, I was missing 1 fork! Luckly the garbage hadn't picked up and I had to go dig in the can. Very luckly, there it was only 3 or 4 plates into the garbage can. didn't have to dig too much. :)

OMG!!! :eek: Good thing you got it back! That would have really sucked!

Related to Will Outdoor Utensils Scratch My Plates?

What are the Outdoor Plates and Utensils made of?

The Outdoor Plates and Utensils from Pampered Chef are made of durable and lightweight melamine material. This makes them perfect for outdoor use, as they are shatterproof and resistant to scratches and stains.

Can the Outdoor Plates and Utensils be used in the microwave or dishwasher?

No, these plates and utensils are not safe to use in the microwave or dishwasher. They should only be hand-washed with warm soapy water and dried with a soft cloth to maintain their quality and longevity.

Do the Outdoor Plates and Utensils come in different colors or designs?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of colors and designs for the Outdoor Plates and Utensils. You can choose from classic solid colors or fun and vibrant patterns to suit your personal style.

Are the Outdoor Plates and Utensils safe for food consumption?

Yes, these plates and utensils are safe for food consumption. They are BPA-free and meet all FDA regulations for food contact materials.

Can the Outdoor Plates and Utensils be used for hot foods?

Yes, the Outdoor Plates and Utensils can withstand temperatures up to 212°F, making them suitable for serving hot foods. However, it is not recommended to use them for cooking or reheating food in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • janetupnorth
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • bridgetbakes