• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will Cash & Carry Items Affect My Shopping Night Success?

In summary, the conversation is about preparing for a Shopping Night event and whether or not having Cash & Carry items on hand is necessary. The participants discuss their experiences with selling through catalogs and direct shipping, as well as the effectiveness of having small items for sale at the event. They also discuss the use of the current Season's Best recipe book and whether or not it is necessary to have the newest version. Ultimately, it is suggested to have a mix of both current and retired items available for sale.
redsoxgirl
I'm participating in a Shopping Night at a local College next week and I don't have any Cash & Carry items - do you think this will be an issue for me?

I particiated in an Open House at a Creative Memories consultant's house and sold everything out of the catalog and did pretty well.

If I placed an order for C&C stuff today, would I get it in time for next Thursday??

HELP!! I don't know what to do!!
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't do cash and carry, that's technically not what our business is about. I would have some catalogs and order forms and the items can be direct shipped to them.

Ok - that's what I was planning, but I was worried people might be annoyed if they didn't get stuff that night.

I know some of the other consultants that will be there do C&C stuff.

If you have any things around for door prizes (SBRC's and other small items), those are good cash and carry. But otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. Stress that you can take orders and then people don't have to haul around heavy items. :)

I do have a bunch of door-prize things.
Do you just charge the item price and tax? No shipping?

Like Ann said... turn it around and make it a bonus to them NOT to walk away with their stuff. In fact you can remind them that they can order MORE than they could otherwise carry and not worry about lugging it out to the car and into the house... etc.

I wouldn't worry about it. I always have people asking if we have any mini-serving spatulas because they do not want to pay $4.00 for the item and $4.00 or more for shipping. Well the other day at a show we had 4 of them just in case. Noone bought one or even asked about it. I didn't bring my extra Easy Accent Decorator, because noone ever asks about the one I have on display. Guess what, they did the other day. She wanted to buy one that day, mine is old so I couldn't sell it. Bummer! The Season's Best always sell at the fairs I have been too. Those we sold for a $1.00.

That's Murphy's Law of cash and carry: whatever you DON'T have is what people want. :)
I usually charge a round amount that includes tax/shipping. For instance, I was tagging some of my stash for a fair Friday, and labeled some iSlices as $4. That just covers tax plus a couple cents for shipping, but I forget where I got them (whether they were order add-ons or from supply order). So at this point any $$ is a bonus. ;) SBRCs are $1 at my table, too. It's easy, and I view the 6 cent loss (sales tax) as an investment to get my name out, since I label the books before I sell them (I cover up the "Looking for a consultant" line on the back cover).

Thanks ladies. I think I'll have a couple small things and the SBRC handy then.

Do you think I should get the current SB or is the S/S 07 one that's on sale ok?

The S/S one is only on sale if you are in your 90 days. I would do both if you can. Some people like the books and will not care that they're seasonal.

I didn't know that - but lucky me - I AM! LOL
I think I'll do that then.

Thanks so much for the help ladies!

redsoxgirl said:
Thanks ladies. I think I'll have a couple small things and the SBRC handy then.

Do you think I should get the current SB or is the S/S 07 one that's on sale ok?

Some people will by the older ones to add to a collection. So either way it is a good idea to have both!

SBRCs are what I usually get when I do "Consultant as host" shows, using any free product credit. Then I have a stash of retired ones that I got for free to use as prizes (bring a friend) or to sell at craft shows. I've also got some of the current ones for this week, but if they sell out, then I'll tell people to add one to their order - and hopefully get more orders that way. :)

1. How can I place an order for "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products?

To place an order for "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products, you can either contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website and purchase directly from there. Our consultants are trained to assist you with your order and provide you with personalized recommendations.

2. Can I earn host rewards when purchasing "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products?

Yes, you can earn host rewards when purchasing "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products. However, the amount of rewards may vary depending on the specific products and promotions available at the time of purchase.

3. Are "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products eligible for our 30-day satisfaction guarantee?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products, are eligible for our 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions available for "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products?

As a Pampered Chef customer, you may receive exclusive discounts and promotions for "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products. Be sure to check with your consultant or our website for any current promotions or deals.

5. Can I purchase "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products in bulk for resale?

No, our "I Don't Have Any Cash & Carry" products are intended for personal use only and cannot be purchased in bulk for resale. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefmoseley
  • ChefForrester