• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Didn't I Try This Sooner?!!

In summary, the speaker regularly attends a farmer's market where they do food demos using monthly specials. They also share their experience of listening to a CD featuring Ferriale Yan and trying her chocolate ganache recipe. They also mention using the farmer's market to promote their business and getting a booking from explaining the inside of a chocolate truffle to customers.
scottcooks
Gold Member
I regularly go to a weekly Farmer's market in our community. It costs $20/week, and traffic is mixed, but it has been good for my business. Each time, I did some kind of simple food demo using monthly specials.

August - pitchers - iced coffee lattes or quick lemonade
September - stones - no-bake apple pie (apples on AP/C/S w/ cinnamon sugar)
October - cuttingboards, veggies with dip

I was listening to a Conference 2005 "Kitchen Shows with WOW!" CD featuring Ferriale Yan - and decided to try her Chocolate Ganache. BTW she is very entertaining to listen to!

Chocolate Ganache:
1 - 8oz. container heavy cream
1 - 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
-----------------------
small executive or professional saucepan with lid
small portble hotplate
scraper or silicone whisk

Bring cream to a boil - remove from heat as it foams. Immediately add bag of chocolate chips, stir until glossy and smooth.

HOT - like hot fudge for ice cream
BARELY WARM - dipping for chocolate fondue, dipping for berries, etc.
ROOM TEMP - icing for brownies, sheet cakes
COOL - the firm inside to a chocolate truffle! Scoop with small scoop and roll in cocoa, or dip in melted choc.chips and set on parchment paper to setup. Fancy truffles? At the barely warm stage, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite licqueur - Raspberry Chambourd truffles? Godiva Chocolate truffles? Orange Grand Marnier truffles? Bailey's Irish Cream truffles? Kaluha coffee truffles?

--------------------------------------

So, I made chocolate-dipped strawberries. I offered them at 1 for 50 cents, 3 for a dollar, and gave a few cubes of angel food cake with 2 or 3 toothpicks as well for chocolate dunking. I must've sold 20 of these in 3 hours...and got to talk to a lot of people about Executive cookware, silicone scrapers, and be their Pampered Chef consultant :)

I got a booking from explaining the inside of a chocolate truffle to these 2 ladies - one booked a November show!:eek:

sounds great!!!
scottcooks said:
I regularly go to a weekly Farmer's market in our community. It costs $20/week, and traffic is mixed, but it has been good for my business. Each time, I did some kind of simple food demo using monthly specials.

August - pitchers - iced coffee lattes or quick lemonade
September - stones - no-bake apple pie (apples on AP/C/S w/ cinnamon sugar)
October - cuttingboards, veggies with dip

I was listening to a Conference 2005 "Kitchen Shows with WOW!" CD featuring Ferriale Yan - and decided to try her Chocolate Ganache. BTW she is very entertaining to listen to!

Chocolate Ganache:
-----------------------
small portble hotplate

Bring cream to a boil - remove from heat as it foams. Immediately add bag of chocolate chips, stir until glossy and smooth.

COOL - the firm inside to a chocolate truffle! Scoop with small scoop and roll in cocoa, or dip in melted choc.chips and set on parchment paper to setup. Fancy truffles? At the barely warm stage, add 2 tablespoons of your favorite licqueur - Raspberry Chambourd truffles? Godiva Chocolate truffles? Orange Grand Marnier truffles? Bailey's Irish Cream truffles? Kaluha coffee truffles?

So, I made chocolate-dipped strawberries. I offered them at 1 for 50 cents, 3 for a dollar, and gave a few cubes of angel food cake with 2 or 3 toothpicks as well for chocolate dunking. I must've sold 20 of these in 3 hours...and got to talk to a lot of people about Executive cookware, silicone scrapers, and be their Pampered Chef consultant :)

I got a booking from explaining the inside of a chocolate truffle to these 2 ladies - one booked a November show!:eek:

THANKS FOR SHARING!!

There's a farmer's market not to far from me and I was wandering how good that could be for my business. Maybe now, I will have to try this out!

Thanks!!!

scottcooks said:
Chocolate Ganache:
-----------------------
small portble hotplate

I'm going to have to try that recipe it sounds awesome. I love chocolate as it is of course who doesn't. LOL Farms Market?? I'm gonna have to see if there is one in the town I'm moving to here in December and maybe see how much it is to get a table and all.
Thanks for Sharing!!

Last edited:
Ohh, I am doing a "death by chocolate" show and I think I'll have to try out that recipe!!

The recipe is great. It would work well at a show.

I'm a bit concerned about the Farmer's Market idea. Here in Indiana you have to have a state license to sell food to the public. I can't even offer homemade treats to people at the fairs & expos I do.

Just don't want any of my fellow cheffers to get in trouble!

scottcooks said:
Chocolate Ganache:
-----------------------
small portble hotplate

Can I use the 8" exec. cookware pan? And do you know how long it takes the chocolate mixture to cool before you can make truffles out of it?

I thought about doing Farmer's Markets too this summer but the few that I checked out would only let you in if you had something "homemade" you were selling or you grew it yourself! I was really kind of bummed as I thought it would be a great opportunity to get my name out there. Hope you all have better luck than I did.

I'm in the same boat as Rae, I'd need a license and a health certificate and I believe it's county to county in CA. Too much of a PITA. I just show off products and talk.

1. Why is "Why Didn't I Try This Sooner?!!" such a popular phrase among Pampered Chef customers?

Many customers find that after using our products, they are amazed at how much easier and more efficient cooking and baking becomes. This phrase is often used to express regret that they didn't discover Pampered Chef sooner.

2. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer that make customers say "Why Didn't I Try This Sooner?!!"?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and cookware that are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable. Our most popular products include our stoneware, knives, and kitchen gadgets.

3. Can you provide some examples of how Pampered Chef products have made customers say "Why Didn't I Try This Sooner?!!"?

Customers have shared countless stories of how our products have helped them save time in the kitchen, achieve better cooking results, and make meal prep more enjoyable. Some have even said that our products have completely transformed the way they cook and bake.

4. Are there any specific products that are known for making customers say "Why Didn't I Try This Sooner?!!"?

While all of our products have received rave reviews from customers, some of the most commonly mentioned items include our Garlic Press, Food Chopper, and Non-Stick Cookware.

5. What do you think sets Pampered Chef products apart from other kitchen tools that make customers say "Why Didn't I Try This Sooner?!!"?

Pampered Chef products are designed with both functionality and quality in mind. We use high-quality materials and rigorously test our products to ensure they will last for years to come. Additionally, our products are backed by a satisfaction guarantee, so customers can trust that they are making a worthwhile investment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD