• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did No One Show Up to Our Open House Event?

In summary, my friend hosted an open house for her Tastefully Simple business, but only a few people showed up. Despite having passed out fliers and advertised the event, only a handful of people showed up. The open house ended up being a bust, but the PC community was supportive in their words.
Ish
Gold Member
OK, I need to vent... UGH!!
One of my friends sells Tastefully Simple and used PC items when she does her demonstrations... she decided to host an open house today showcasing PC at TS together... we have done this before and we have has really good reactions from clientele so why not....

We had over 200 invites sent out, passed out fliers around the neighborhood and at least 12 RSVP's stating "yes" they would be there.

NOT ONE PERSON SHOWED UP!!!!:grumpy: we sat there from 10:30-4:30 basically staring at each other wondering what the heck was going on....

I'm sorry, it is just rude to say you are going to come to a party and then not show up, call or anything...and the ones who said yes are all previous clients and friends...

I am so frustrated my January has fallen apart and this open house was a little sunlight in a very gloomy month...

sorry... just needed to vent!

i'm sorry your open house fell apart.i do think it is rude to RSVP and not show with out a call, but maybe these customers thought that you would be so packed that they would not be missed? i feel your pain though. every time i have had a sale or a show i hosted since becoming a consultant they haven't worked out. hopefully your February gets better!

Wow, that's odd.

I'm so sorry that happened. How disappointing to put in the time and money and be so let down. I'd call the 12 that said they were coming, and see if they'd still like to place an order.

One thing I have learned is that when someone is invited to an "open house" - they somehow think it means they don't really have to show up. If they are invited to a party, workshop, or some other event where there is a specific start time to have to be there, attendance is usually much better. Just fyi for the future.

One thing I have learned is that when someone is invited to an "open house" - they somehow think it means they don't really have to show up. If they are invited to a party, workshop, or some other event where there is a specific start time to have to be there, attendance is usually much better. Just fyi for the future.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a great idea -- to include a special time for the "show" or "demo" during the middle of the open house, or at the beginning might even be better.

We actually had a specific time for the demo... 12-1... still nothing...
oh well... thanks fellow PC'ers for the words and encouragement...

What is "Frustration Overload!!"?

"Frustration Overload!!" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that focuses on quick and easy recipes for busy individuals and families.

Are the recipes in "Frustration Overload!!" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Frustration Overload!!" are created with a focus on using fresh, whole ingredients and are designed to be both delicious and nutritious.

Can I use my Pampered Chef products with the recipes in "Frustration Overload!!"?

Absolutely! "Frustration Overload!!" includes recipes that specifically utilize Pampered Chef products, making it easy to incorporate them into your cooking routine.

Is "Frustration Overload!!" suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Yes, "Frustration Overload!!" is a great resource for beginners as it includes step-by-step instructions and tips to help you create delicious meals with ease.

Does "Frustration Overload!!" include vegetarian or vegan options?

Yes, "Frustration Overload!!" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary preferences, including vegetarian and vegan options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • apriljc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies