• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are postage prices going up again?

Posting their postage on the box itself! Is this considered lazy or something??Posting their postage on the box itself! Is this considered lazy or something??It's lazy to post your postage on the box itself.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I just got back from the PO. All the prices were down from their board because they all went up.

The first class stamp went up just $0.01 but all of their other charges also went up.

Priority flat rate envelope is now $4.80
Flat rate priority box is now $9.80
Flat rate large box is $12.95 (12x12x6)
Minimum insurance is $1.70
postcards are up to $0.27
etc...etc...etc...

It's harder and harder to make any money - everyone seems entitled to it but me.:eek: It's getting so that it would be cheaper to drive packets to hosts even 30-40 minutes/miles away and with the higher gas prices.

Beth,
I think we all feel your frustration. For me, sending information is still cheaper than driving it to a person for me. For me to drive 30 minutes, that would be about 20 miles one way. If your vehicle gets 20 miles to the gallon, that would be (ok...it's the price that I drove by this morning!) $3.91 per gallon = $7.82 vs the $4.30.

All the more reason to get a good guest list and host coach.

Everything is rising in cost at an alarming rate. I do not want to get into any political discussions, but whom ever gets elected...I hope they can stop this. Food alone started rising last August before the gas really starting getting out of control. With the food cost, it has just exacerbated the cost of food. Then there are all of the petroleum based products we use and if it doesn't come from petroleum, it still costs more to transport it.

I would be shocked if shipping costs for our customers doesn't rise substantially in the fall.

Not a happy picture at all.:(

Makes me want to buy a motorcycle, scooter or a horse!!

Yet another reason to get a guest list BEFORE sending out host kits!

It is quite frustrating! Beth, you can print Priority Postage online at USPS.com, which is slightly less than at the PO (and now they highlight the two prices). I may now consider requesting a pickup, since I am really trying to conserve on using gas. My DH fills up at least 2X a week for commuting, so he spends enough for both of us!

chefmary said:
It is quite frustrating! Beth, you can print Priority Postage online at USPS.com, which is slightly less than at the PO (and now they highlight the two prices). I may now consider requesting a pickup, since I am really trying to conserve on using gas. My DH fills up at least 2X a week for commuting, so he spends enough for both of us!

I know but I worry about doing it wrong. I have a USPS scale but too often when I go to the PO they charge more than I calculated. What am I doing wrong??:yuck:

Here it doesn't matter if the postage is on the box or not... if it's over a 13oz, we have to wait in line and hand it to a clerk or it won't get sent.I also get the guest list before ANY host packet goes out. No guest list... no party... no host packet. :)

finley1991 said:
Here it doesn't matter if the postage is on the box or not... if it's over a 13oz, we have to wait in line and hand it to a clerk or it won't get sent.

At all the PO's I frequent, if I already have postage on it, I can walk right up and hand it to someone and it's no problem. I don't have to stand in line.

So now it's cheaper to do a flat rate envelope online as opposed to paying the postage for it at the PO? Interesting...

I am starting to lean towards the idea Colleen suggested~no list, no packet.
Think I am gonna order the guest list form PC offers us and see how this works for a few months. My PO is convenient as it is on the road I travel to get anywhere and everywhere, but it is always packed! It would be a timesaver for me to not have to deal with that place as much!

finley1991 said:
Here it doesn't matter if the postage is on the box or not... if it's over a 13oz, we have to wait in line and hand it to a clerk or it won't get sent.

I also get the guest list before ANY host packet goes out. No guest list... no party... no host packet. :)

Thisis how I have done it for the last 2 years - has saved me a fortune in postage and Tylenol - LOL

DebbieJ said:
At all the PO's I frequent, if I already have postage on it, I can walk right up and hand it to someone and it's no problem. I don't have to stand in line.

I go to a teeny tiny PO here and customers started pitching a fit that people could just come in, not wait in line, and hand their package to a clerk. So because of that... even if it has posted, EVERYONE has to stand in line! :mad:

chefmeg said:
I am starting to lean towards the idea Colleen suggested~no list, no packet.
Think I am gonna order the guest list form PC offers us and see how this works for a few months. My PO is convenient as it is on the road I travel to get anywhere and everywhere, but it is always packed! It would be a timesaver for me to not have to deal with that place as much!

Like Carolyn, I've been doing this at least 2 years. I started right after Leadership one year because the previous December, I mailed 6 host packets and all six shows cancelled. Not only was I out the postage, I was also out the catalogs and I was bummed!

So for now, I give them an envelope at the show when they book that has the Guest List form (attached here) and the host special for the month they book along with a sticky note from my calendar with their date & time on it. If they give me their e-mail, I don't give them the envelope, just the sticky note and I e-mail her 2 e-mails when I get home... one from my website and the other with the Guest List form so she can just fill it in on the form and e-mail it back to me.

Attachments

• PC Guest List.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 324
  • PC Guest List.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 206
  • PC Guest List.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 228
PS: On this note, I just finished listening to the recording of Nancy Jo Ryan's Director call on May 6th and there was a director on the call (Nancy Kitson I think) who started sending out the invites for her host. That was the ONLY change she made in her business. Over the course of one year, her sales increased $14k (earned $4k more in commission) because of mailing the invites for her hosts. Powerful enough for me!!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
So now it's cheaper to do a flat rate envelope online as opposed to paying the postage for it at the PO? Interesting...

Debbie: It's been like that for some time using USPS.com. I was using Stamps.com, but the monthly fee was the deal breaker. When you use the online service, it includes the fee for tracking, which is extra at the PO. You can print the postage on a sheet of paper, then attach with clear shipping tape.

chefmary said:
Debbie: It's been like that for some time using USPS.com. I was using Stamps.com, but the monthly fee was the deal breaker. When you use the online service, it includes the fee for tracking, which is extra at the PO. You can print the postage on a sheet of paper, then attach with clear shipping tape.

Oh, yeah, I knew about the free delivery confirmation. I thought you meant the base price was more at actual PO.

I also do the usps.com and print on a normal piece of paper. I rarely go to the PO. Save myself time and money!!

DebbieJ said:
Oh, yeah, I knew about the free delivery confirmation. I thought you meant the base price was more at actual PO.

It is. Go to http://postcalc.usps.gov/

You save a nickle on priority flat rate envelope for instance. Not worth it for me. The PO is on the way to everything and I am not confident that I will always figure the cost correctly - yet.

bethcooks4u said:
It is. Go to http://postcalc.usps.gov/

You save a nickle on priority flat rate envelope for instance. Not worth it for me. The PO is on the way to everything and I am not confident that I will always figure the cost correctly - yet.

Interesting...I mail all my host packets in flat rate envelopes so I will DEFINITELY be doing ALL of them online from now on.

I usually do them online but sometimes I'll bring them to the PO when I'm going there anyway and just let them do the postage. Not anymore!

1. Why is Pampered Chef raising their prices?

There are a few reasons why we have decided to raise our prices. One of the main reasons is the rising costs of ingredients and materials. Additionally, we have implemented new sustainable and ethical sourcing practices, which also contribute to the increase in prices.

2. How much will the prices be increasing?

The amount of the price increase will vary depending on the specific product. However, on average, prices will increase by about 5-10%.

3. Will there be any changes to the quality of the products?

No, we are committed to maintaining the same high-quality standards for all of our products. Our price increase is necessary to continue providing top-notch products and services to our customers.

4. Will there be any sales or discounts offered during the transition to the new prices?

We understand that a price increase can be difficult for our customers, so we will be offering special promotions and discounts to help ease the transition. Be on the lookout for these deals on our website and social media channels.

5. Can I still use my old catalogs and order forms with the new prices?

Unfortunately, no. Our old catalogs and order forms will no longer be valid with the new prices. Please make sure to use the updated materials or visit our website for the most accurate pricing information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • jessicafawn
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jessicafawn
Replies