• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are Consultants Having the Shows Shipped Them

if someone doesnt want it, i just give it away. lolHi everyone. I've noticed a few consultants are having the shows shipped to them instead of the host. What are the reasons behind this and is it working?Thanks.;)My guess is they were probably Mystery Hostess Shows, Open Houses, or just orders they put together from individual orders.I had my show shipped to me since it was just individual orders but enough to get ME the hostess benefits since none of my customers wanted to host.So I got the freebies to add to my start up kit.I often have the show shipped to me so as a customer service. I sort the items
chesse
Gold Member
Hi everyone. I've noticed a few consultants are having the shows shipped to them instead of the host. What are the reasons behind this and is it working?
Thanks.;)

My guess is they were probably Mystery Hostess Shows, Open Houses, or just orders they put together from individual orders.

I had my show shipped to me since it was just individual orders but enough to get ME the hostess benefits since none of my customers wanted to host.:D So I got the freebies to add to my start up kit.

I often have the show shipped to me so as a customer service. I sort the items for the host and make sure there are no problems with the order and take care of any that there are. If something is missing I ask PC to ship the new one directly to the guest (they love that). If something is broken I have it shipped to me so I can be sure the new one is okay and then I deliver it to the guest.

This is a good way to do it especially if I have added orders to the show - then I am not adding work to the host.

I always ask local hosts if they want this service but I rarely do it if the show is an hour or more from me.

I would also do this if I had concern about payment or checks clearing - then I have the products until I know I was paid (rare but has to be considered sometimes:rolleyes: )

Sometimes I have hosts who work all day and live in bad areas of town, so they don't want those boxes sitting on their porch all day. Or they live in apartments and there is no where to leave the boxes.

Or sometimes it's my show or a mystery host show.

Or sometimes like Beth I offer it as an extra service to my hosts.

It's a great customer service if people want it! I have some hostesses though who really want to see what all of their friends get so I just place the offer out there. Of course unfortunately there are times when you have to consider payment issues as Beth said.

Thanks for all the feedback. It would be nice customer service. Sorta half way in between just having everything shipped to the host and having to deliver all the products yourself (like other DS companies do.)

I did alot of this at first. So that I have that one more contact with the host, and it worked great. Everyone complimented me on my customer service. Now that I very busy, I only offer it if the host requests it or if I see that the host is very busy herself. I kind of do this on a case by case basis.

BethCooks4U said:
I often have the show shipped to me so as a customer service. I sort the items for the host and make sure there are no problems with the order and take care of any that there are. If something is missing I ask PC to ship the new one directly to the guest (they love that). If something is broken I have it shipped to me so I can be sure the new one is okay and then I deliver it to the guest.

This is a good way to do it especially if I have added orders to the show - then I am not adding work to the host.

I always ask local hosts if they want this service but I rarely do it if the show is an hour or more from me.

I would also do this if I had concern about payment or checks clearing - then I have the products until I know I was paid (rare but has to be considered sometimes:rolleyes: )

Ditto what Beth said...I do EXACTLY the same!!

great customer service a lot of times in saves on sales tax, so the guests appreciate. And always like to see things that I don't have yet. lol

I do it when it is a show close by and the host isn't home to accept delivery and do make sure that everything is there, unbroken,etc. It does save time later if something is missing or broken when you can do the adjustment that same day of delivery. Of course if I have made shows out of individual orders I get the delivery too. People love that they can have options when they don't want to host all the time and need products.

It also is appreciated by most hosts too and sometimes it's a way of booking a show if the host says she doesn't want to sort the orders.

i also have all shows shipped to me... the main reason is my bank takes 5 business days to clear checks, so i rather be safe than sorry ! Besides if there is a broken stone or something wrong with the order i do not have to waste any time in fixing it with HO.

I do it. Some Hosts don't like to worry about anything like that. So I do it for them! :D Plus I get to add any of the promo stuff to the guests bags as well as a THANK YOU! :D

pampermeplease said:
I had my show shipped to me since it was just individual orders but enough to get ME the hostess benefits since none of my customers wanted to host.:D So I got the freebies to add to my start up kit.

This is why I have them shipped to me too!

One time I had a host that did not want hers shipped to work and was afraid someone would steal it from her apartment if it was left out.

I do this only if the host requests it. That's usually because of delivery concerns. Of course, if I've combined several individual orders into a show, I consider myself the host, so everything ships to me. It saves them on postage and I get to pick up a few extras with the host benefits. Everyone's happy.

I always have shows shipped to me. I feel it is my responsibility as the consultant to sort, bag, and label the orders. I get to see products that I don't have, which helps me answer questions about size later too! I always hear a sense of relief in my hostesses voice when I tell them they don't have to sort. My SIL does PL and had all my orders shipped to me. I am terrified to have to sort 50 dozen (not exaggerating!) votives and check everything for breaks!!

Plus, I am a SAHM, so I am always here to accept orders. By the time the hostess gets off work I have the show bagged and ready for her to pick up. It also gives me the opportunity to add upcoming specials or other stuff to the bags that I would feel uncomfortable asking my host to...

That's one of the plus's to be able to add new flyers to their bags as we find out new information. I find most hosts appreciate the extra touches we do.

I don't host many PL shows but it is a pain making sure that you get all of the orders done right. You may order 1 box but it is really 2 on the votives. At least with PC it isn't as complicated sorting.

Related to Why Are Consultants Having the Shows Shipped Them

Why Are Consultants Having the Shows Shipped to Them?

There are a few reasons why consultants may choose to have their shows shipped directly to them:

1. Is it more cost-effective to have the shows shipped?

Yes, having the shows shipped to the consultant's address can save on shipping costs compared to having them shipped to the host's address.

2. Can consultants still earn host rewards if the shows are shipped to them?

Yes, consultants can still earn host rewards as long as they submit the order with a host's name and address. The rewards will be applied to the next show the consultant hosts.

3. Can consultants personalize the packaging when the shows are shipped?

Yes, consultants can add their own personal touch to the packaging when the shows are shipped to them. They can include their business card or a thank-you note for the customer.

4. How does having the shows shipped benefit the consultant?

Having the shows shipped allows the consultant to have more control over the delivery process, ensuring that the products arrive on time and in good condition. It also allows the consultant to inspect the products before delivering them to the customer.

5. Can consultants still offer in-person delivery if the shows are shipped to them?

Yes, consultants can still offer in-person delivery as an option for customers even if the shows are shipped to them. This allows customers to receive their products sooner and have a chance to ask any questions or receive tips from the consultant in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sarah Mitson
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Suzy Englert