• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Am I Receiving A Pampered Chef Newsletter From A Stranger?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a consultant receiving a Tasty Tidbits newsletter from someone they don't know. They wonder how the person got their email and suggest emailing them to be taken off the list. It is speculated that the email address was added automatically in the sender's contact list. Some participants share similar experiences and advise responding nicely and separating personal and business contacts. It is suggested to use such opportunities to network and promote one's business.
rennea
Gold Member
Very strange, I recieved a Tasty Tidbits newsletter today from somebody I don't know:confused: I wonder where they would have gotten my email from?

Hmmm, I would email her and let her know you are a consultant and inquire how she got your email - Ask nicely to be taken off the list.

pamperedlinda said:
do you recognize the name?

I put her name in here and she came up, has only posted about 22 times.

rennea said:
I put her name in here and she came up, has only posted about 22 times.

Well you do have your mood as 'lonely', maybe she is trying to be your friend :p

darlinclem said:
Well you do have your mood as 'lonely', maybe she is trying to be your friend :p

bahha!! Very Funny:D

Just PM her and ask her to take you off... that's weird though.

coriatc said:
Just PM her and ask her to take you off... that's weird though.

I will I just found it strange.

She probably doesn't even realize you're on her list. I use Outlook express and have noticed that email addresses are automatically added to my address book when someone emails me- they've also been added when I receive a forward from someone that lists other recipients, kwim? Have you ever received email from someone on this site (ie, from the spoilers during Conference)? I know I did and the senders address wound up in my contact list. I remembered that the address belonged to this consultant (who posts regularly on here) and removed her from my contacts when I sent out my newsletter. But, had I not recognized it, she would have gotten my Tasty Tidbit, too!!

Am I making sense? I bet she has no idea you're on her list.

darlinclem said:

LOL haha :)

rennea said:
Very strange, I recieved a Tasty Tidbits newsletter today from somebody I don't know:confused: I wonder where they would have gotten my email from?

I have done it (shhh I did it this month), when I email anyone from that account it saves the email address & when I am rushing out my newsletter (which is all the time) it happens. It's hard to delete their address. Just respond nicely. Maybe she sent you an email earlier in the year during the hard time. I know that I received a lot of emails from consultants I have never talked to.

cookingwithkelly said:
She probably doesn't even realize you're on her list. I use Outlook express and have noticed that email addresses are automatically added to my address book when someone emails me- they've also been added when I receive a forward from someone that lists other recipients, kwim? Have you ever received email from someone on this site (ie, from the spoilers during Conference)? I know I did and the senders address wound up in my contact list. I remembered that the address belonged to this consultant (who posts regularly on here) and removed her from my contacts when I sent out my newsletter. But, had I not recognized it, she would have gotten my Tasty Tidbit, too!!

Am I making sense? I bet she has no idea you're on her list.

;) :)

I believe you're bang on! ;) :D

My two email accts do this too but I make sure to keep "PC" contacts seperate from my "general contact" list! ;) I've had a few people email their newsletters probably for the same reason!

I did this once too... I sent my newsletter out and somehow someone from here that I bought something from got on there. Oops!

this happened to me (I think I was on their conference spoilers list as well) - but it wasn't tasty tidbits it was their own newsletter - and I loved it! I replied saying I was a consultant and asked if i could use their newsletter (of course changing their info to my info) and I got the "okay" and i ran with it. I got 3 calls that month just for using her newsletter!

SUCCESS :thumbup:

This happened to me too. I mistakenly sent my newsletter to another consultant. She was less than nice about receiving it. It upset me that she was so rude. Turns out that she was on the roster of my Sons playgroup. I had no idea who she was, but my email had added her as a contact, and I had copied her over when I set-up my list in icontact. So when I got her not so nice email and realized she was a fellow playgroup mom, I freaked out. Turns out she doesn't attend the group. So my advice is be super sweet and just ask to be removed from her list.

I have done this also and was bombarded with rude emails from other consultants stating that they did not need my newsletter as they were consultants also. I even sent it to several people at the home office that were in my contact list. I didn't know anything of this until they emailed me. The ones from home office were very nice and said they enjoyed reading it. I love to get newsletters from other consultants and was amazed that they were soo rude about getting mine. I bet they are the sames ones who come on here wanting to see others to copy. Maybe not and I wish that I had kept there names to see. I had over 1000 email addresses and switched to Constant Contact and it took everything from my address book. It was a mess to go through and filter out the ones that I thought wasn't supposed to get it.

1. What is "Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!"?

"Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!" is a monthly email newsletter that contains updates, promotions, and recipes from Pampered Chef.

2. How can I sign up for "Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!"?

You can sign up for "Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!" by visiting our website and entering your email address in the sign-up form.

3. Is "Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!" only for customers or can anyone sign up?

Anyone can sign up for "Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!" You do not have to be a customer to receive our newsletter.

4. Can I customize the types of emails I receive in "Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!"?

Yes, you can customize your email preferences in the sign-up form or by managing your email subscriptions on our website.

5. How often will I receive "Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!"?

"Just Got Somebody's Newsletter!" is sent out once a month, typically at the beginning of the month. However, you may receive additional emails for special promotions or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KristyH
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
KristyH
  • chefmarey
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • mrssyvo