• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Wants to Go Next Year but Cant This Time?

I'm just starting my business back up and want to make sure I'm doing this for the right reasons!When you went with hubby, it sounds like it was a lot of fun! I am thinking of going next year with my husband, but I'm not sure if we can afford it.
milkangel
Who wants to go next year but as a director or any leval. i went last year but i can not go this time but i know i want to become a direcor and promot for next year and what ever else i can go for. Who else wants to besides me? iam finding out now that aksing people about the biz is somuch easyer now than it has ben in the past now if every one will sign.

I have one consultant that has a nursing baby and 3 other small children so she is passing this year but is going next year.
Another has no one to watch her kids this year and her husband is deployed but she IS going next year.

Great idea to start planning even a year ahead! Keep asking!!

Milkangel, you and I are on the same wavelength! I am not going this year, as I did not earn enough to afford it. I also remember saying last year (my first) "I will come back next year 30 pounds lighter and as a Director" Neither has happened, so I'm moving the goal to next year.

I want to go next year! I wanted to go this year but I didn't earn enough and had child care issues. But I do think it is a good idea to plan a year ahead. I just became a consultant about 4 months ago and didn't have a clue about the conference then. I think it was about a month after I signed I heard about it. That just wasn't enough time. But I DEFINITELY want to go next year!!!!! :balloon:

I want to go next year too!!!!

With DH out of work since Feb we don't have the $$$ - **cry**

Next year I WILL be there!!!!!!!!!

Make sure to sign up for conference club ASAP in August!

susanr613 said:
Milkangel, you and I are on the same wavelength! I am not going this year, as I did not earn enough to afford it. I also remember saying last year (my first) "I will come back next year 30 pounds lighter and as a Director" Neither has happened, so I'm moving the goal to next year.

I love the goal! I too need to lose 30lbs and am working towards directorship. I really wanted to go this year, being my first year, but way too much going on and not enough money.

See you ladies there next year!

I also want to go to NC next year!! Not sure if any of you realize it but next year will be the 30th anniversary of The Pampered Chef!!! 30 years!!! I so want to be a part of that celebration!!!!

Wow - 30 years!

I went in 2007 with hubby and we both loved it! We can't go this year, and I've just started gearing up the biz again, but as soon as I can, I'm signing up for conference club! We plan to go next year and will have a BLAST! Of course, I'm hoping to walk as Director then if not Leadership!!!!!

WOOHOO!!! Conference in 2010!!!!!!

Nicole Lowther I PMed you...

Susan I PMed you back ;)

I'd love to go next year, but it's going to fall right around the same time as our all-church camping trip which I'm not willing to miss, so we'll see. Hopefully they'll miss each other. I would likely have gone this year only my sister in law gets married in a month and I'm pretty much planning her whole wedding plus we're saving to buy a house. I know, NC would have helped me earn MORE money towards a house but I've only been a consultant for 3 months and want to spend a little more time with it to make sure this is going to be for the long haul before spending the time & money for it.

This is the first conference I will have missed since I started my business. Would have been my 9th time attending. :( I hate not being there but it just didn't work out this time. See you next year!

hmolah said:
Wow - 30 years!

I went in 2007 with hubby and we both loved it! We can't go this year, and I've just started gearing up the biz again, but as soon as I can, I'm signing up for conference club! We plan to go next year and will have a BLAST! Of course, I'm hoping to walk as Director then if not Leadership!!!!!

WOOHOO!!! Conference in 2010!!!!!!

When you went w/ hubby, how was that? I am thinking of dh going w/ me next year...

I was there for the 20th Anniversary and it was a blast!

I informed DH there was no way I was going to miss next year. Already saving. :)

UGH! I was going to take next year off and do more family stuff, but I won't want to miss the 30th!!!

I went to conference last year and it was the experience of a lifetime. I won more than $1000 worth of products through the "whirlwind shopping spree" but truly, it was worth it before that.

It was also a major drain on my finances at a time when I was struggling to keep gas in the car and keep the utilities on. The only way I could do it at all was that a friend got us a hotel room but still ... the plane ticket, conference registration, assorted travel expenses and meals ate up my stimulus check and more.

And there is no way I even make enough to justify conference club and the closest thing I got to a "stimulus" was an extra $15 in my paycheck. Better not spend that in one place!

So nope, not going. What softens the blow is that I'd be in Wave 3 so I at least won't have to wait any longer to know what happened than I would anyway.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I went to conference last year and it was the experience of a lifetime. I won more than $1000 worth of products through the "whirlwind shopping spree" but truly, it was worth it before that.

It was also a major drain on my finances at a time when I was struggling to keep gas in the car and keep the utilities on. The only way I could do it at all was that a friend got us a hotel room but still ... the plane ticket, conference registration, assorted travel expenses and meals ate up my stimulus check and more.

And there is no way I even make enough to justify conference club and the closest thing I got to a "stimulus" was an extra $15 in my paycheck. Better not spend that in one place!

So nope, not going. What softens the blow is that I'd be in Wave 3 so I at least won't have to wait any longer to know what happened than I would anyway.

I feel your pain and am right there with you. Have to say gas in the car, food on the table, go to conference? I'ts a no brainer. Have to have our priorities.
S

chefsteph07 said:
When you went w/ hubby, how was that? I am thinking of dh going w/ me next year...

It was great! He really enjoyed meeting my director and upline directors. (I've always been hospitality.) And we stayed an extra day or so for our anniversary. Our anniversary falls around conference every year. He loves the PC products and company as much as I. So, it was great! He's super supportive, and he enjoyed hanging out in Chicago. lol He was so bummed we couldn't afford to go this year. But he says, we're def. going next year! I can't wait for conference club to open up!! lol

I can't go this year :(! Definitley next! :)

I'd love to be there again....the excitement and electricity along w/the comraderie is wonderful!

I'm definitely going again next year,...this is my first year NOT going....but I just had too many other things come up; 2 of our 3 cars needed work (at the same time no less!), had to throw down deposits for my son's college dorm room (his first year of college), had to make an unplanned drive out of state (gas and hotel rooms)....ok,..and I got new furniture...but I HAD to get it :) I've been wanting it for over 3 years and when it went on sale I took it as a sign that I was supposed to get it :) (the Pearce sectional from Pottery Barn)
So,..that's how it is.... I'll be there again next year.

Last edited:
I am new to PC but really want to go but due to child care issues and work schedule of dh cannot go! but I'm hoping for level 1 at least so will be able to go! I need some inspiration!

I had been saving to go this year and then realized a couple of months ago that it was going to be too close to our wheat harvest this year. ARGH! I spent the money on a Wii and Wii Fit. We actually finished harvest early (double ARGH!) but had already spent most of the money I could have used for going. DH is one of those people you have to plan ahead with to "talk him into" it- and I didn't have the time (or money) for this year. But.. already started on him yesterday (about next year). I WILL BE THERE and with the Fit, I BETTER BE LIGHTER! LOL

I am hoping to be a team leader by then (it took me three years to get my first recruit). I'm not huge into that part but...

SEE YOU ALL THERE!

1. Can I still earn rewards for next year's trip even if I can't attend this year?

Yes, as long as you are an active consultant and meet the qualification requirements, you can earn rewards for next year's trip.

2. Will I lose my spot for next year's trip if I can't attend this year?

No, your spot for next year's trip will not be affected if you are unable to attend this year's trip.

3. Can I transfer my spot for this year's trip to someone else?

Unfortunately, spots for the trip cannot be transferred to another person. Each consultant must earn their own spot through qualification.

4. Will I still receive the trip incentive if I am unable to attend?

In order to receive the trip incentive, you must attend the trip. If you are unable to attend, you will not receive the trip incentive.

5. What happens if I qualify for the trip but then have to cancel?

If you qualify for the trip but then have to cancel, you will still receive the trip incentive but you will not be able to attend the trip. Your spot will be given to the next consultant in line.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • milkangel