• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Has a Tried-N-True Anise Cookie Recipe?

In summary, this recipe calls for room temperature eggs, sugar, sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and anise extract. The recipe is for a 3 egg batter, which is then beaten for 20-30 minutes. The cookies are then dropped by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets and baked for 10 minutes. The cookies are then cooled and can be stored in airtight containers.
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
I love anise cookies but have never made them before. If you have a great recipe, would you share? :love:

Thanks!

Italian Cookies4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon anise extract1 teaspoon anise extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons hot waterPreheat oven to 375.In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and white sugar. Make a well in the center and add oil, milk, 1 tablespoon anise extract, and eggs. Mix together until dough is sticky.Oil fingers and pinch off dough in 1 inch pieces. Roll into a ball and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart, flatten top slightly. Bake for 8 minutes. Do not overbake. They are done when bottoms begin to turn golden. Do not let the tops brown. Dip cookies in Icing while warm.To Make Icing: Blend in 1 teaspoon anise extract and enough hot water to 1 cup confectioner's sugar to form a smooth icing.** Also great with almond, lemon or vanilla extract in place of the anise!

I've got one someplace that I'll look for. My grandmother used to make them when I was growing up. They're good, but a little different. You also MUST have a stand mixer (they have to be beaten for an hour) and lots of cookie sheets or parchment and trays (they have to sit out overnight after being shaped but before baking). The batter separates as they sit, forming cookies with a little meringue-like cap.

Found it!! Please note, make them small. They should be just a bite or 2 each. And I overestimated the beating time - it's only 30 minutes. :)Anise Cookies 3 eggs (they MUST be room temperature)
1 cup + 2 tbs sugar
1 3/4 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp anise extract or 1 tbs anise seed **Beat eggs in mixer at med speed until fluffy
**Gradually add sugar while beating constantly. Continue to beat 20-30
minutes.
**Reduce speed and add mixed flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat another 3
minutes. Add anise.
**Grease and flour cookie sheets (3-4 of these) knocking off excess flour.
**Drop batter by measuring teaspoonful onto cookie sheets; swirl batter to
form (perfectly) round cookies. They do not expand during baking.
**Let stand at least 8 hours or overnight (preferable) to dry.
**Bake 325 F for about 10 minutes, until cookies are creamy golden color, not
brown, on the bottom.
**Cool, then store in air tight containers. *Makes about 90 -- 1/2" cookies

Hello! I'm so glad you enjoy anise cookies, they are one of my favorite treats as well. I have a fantastic recipe that I would love to share with you. It's a family recipe that has been passed down for generations and always turns out delicious. Are you ready to get baking? :)

Related to Who Has a Tried-N-True Anise Cookie Recipe?

1. What is anise?

Anise is a spice that comes from the Mediterranean region and has a licorice-like flavor.

2. Can I substitute anise with another spice in the recipe?

Yes, anise can be substituted with fennel seeds or star anise in most recipes.

3. Where can I find anise in the grocery store?

Anise can usually be found in the spice aisle of most grocery stores. It may also be labeled as aniseed.

4. Can I use ground anise instead of whole anise seeds?

Yes, ground anise can be used in place of whole anise seeds in most recipes. Just use half the amount of ground anise as the recipe calls for whole seeds.

5. How do I store anise cookies?

Anise cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. They can also be frozen for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • AnnieBee